• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Apathy

I've been watching pros review cards on YouTube (watching older stuff as well as loe stuff). I fine their insight fascinating, and how most agree in things but every so often they have a split in cards. Also funnier watching the grand crusade review of cards and no one seeing how mc was going to be nuts. Goes to show how even the pros can't foresee some of the crazy shenanigans, so it kinda makes you take what they might say with a grain of salt till be cards are in play and how they do interact with the old ones.

Ridli

Who has run Paletress? I pulled her last night and I know I'm going to want to mess around with some priest now. I know she's slow, so do you just stick her with regular Auchenai/control? Can she exist in Dragon? Run her with Elise for super greed?

bjaelke

Run her in control instead of Ysera. Fun card, but you'll soon notice that a lot of legendaries are crap (without triggering their battlecry).

Ladekabel

Play Druid, they (indirectly) say. It has the OP Combo they say. It should be nerfed, they say. You can rank easy with Druid, they say.

On a losing streak with Druid... :(

Apathy

I know win rate for going first or second are about even win rate, but I hate going first. The coin makes me feel better.

If Blizzard really wants to fix this game, they need to make it where both players play at the same time! You've got 30 seconds a turn to summon/attack with minions along with casting spells and using weapons. Then the game all becomes dependent on the players APM, a measure of true skill.

Okay, so I've had two Ranked matches at ~13 where people just quit on me 75% of the way through the match. And by quit, I mean they just sit and let the rope go. Both of them did a "Hello" taunt, so they weren't AFK. Neither of the games were lost causes, either. They had large hands of cards, ~15 health, and I had a ~4 minions on the board, but nothing impossible to surmount on their end.

Any idea what's up with that?

The fact it counts as a spell or for combo purposes also feels so weird cause then it's a definite advantage at 0 mana
That should be removed. Rogue cards that make coins can make something different so their tech is preserved.

Apathy

Yes, took down a warrior with a reno, dr boom, grommash and rag as a priest. Played that game out of my mind, and he never got me down past 20.

Edit: Hah, funny, some rogue just burgled me, so i mind visioned back and got a light bomb, a card I dont even have in my collection

Yup, gang up times 2 on an antique healbot, comepletely not broken. No one at blizzard tests for shit.

Dahbomb

Okay, so I've had two Ranked matches at ~13 where people just quit on me 75% of the way through the match. And by quit, I mean they just sit and let the rope go. Both of them did a "Hello" taunt, so they weren't AFK. Neither of the games were lost causes, either. They had large hands of cards, ~15 health, and I had a ~4 minions on the board, but nothing impossible to surmount on their end.

Any idea what's up with that?

That should be removed. Rogue cards that make coins can make something different so their tech is preserved.
Yeah people do that to waste your time when they have lost. It's pretty common actually.

Gotta make a game as insufferable as possible for the other player.

I took a long look at my deck, and I realize that I only need 6 cards to complete it:
Ragnaros
Jaraxxis
Dark Peddler x2
Imp Gang Boss x2

And I would toss out:
Leper Gnome x2
Argent Horserider x2
Reckless Rocketeer
Acidic Swamp Ooze

If I had a way to just buy Ragnaor and Jaraxxis, I think I would do it, since the other two cards are from Adventures. I wonder how many packs I would need to realistically get both...

Yeah people do that to waste your time when they have lost. It's pretty common actually.

Gotta make a game as insufferable as possible for the other player.
This mage had 15 life and 8 cards in his hand against a bunch of 2/2, 1/1, etc. minions. It seems so unlikely that he had nothing worth playing in there...

Yes, took down a warrior with a reno, dr boom, grommash and rag as a priest. Played that game out of my mind, and he never got me down past 20.

Edit: Hah, funny, some rogue just burgled me, so i mind visioned back and got a light bomb, a card I dont even have in my collection

Yup, gang up times 2 on an antique healbot, comepletely not broken. No one at blizzard tests for shit.

Isn't Healbot leaving in Standard?

Apathy

I took a long look at my deck, and I realize that I only need 6 cards to complete it:
Ragnaros
Jaraxxis
Dark Peddler x2
Imp Gang Boss x2

And I would toss out:
Leper Gnome x2
Argent Horserider x2
Reckless Rocketeer
Acidic Swamp Ooze

If I had a way to just buy Ragnaor and Jaraxxis, I think I would do it, since the other two cards are from Adventures. I wonder how many packs I would need to realistically get both...

This mage had 15 life and 8 cards in his hand against a bunch of 2/2, 1/1, etc. minions. It seems so unlikely that he had nothing worth playing in there...

Isn't Healbot leaving in Standard?

It is, it's GvG, I just meant right now , just had a fight where it was a weird mix of a mill rogue but also a fatigue rogue. He got to fatigue before I did, but he had so many healbots it didn't matter, I couldn't do enough damage.

It is, it's GvG, I just meant right now , just had a fight where it was a weird mix of a mill rogue but also a fatigue rogue. He got to fatigue before I did, but he had so many healbots it didn't matter, I couldn't do enough damage.
I also find those decks frustrating, but I think it's cool that they exist.

Pooya

playing ladder today, thinking that in about a month there will be no effing mad scientist, shredder, minibot etc, it just blows my mind, I can't believe it, that game actually sounds like a really good game unlike what we're playing now. It just sounds too good, EU ladder is complete trash. US ladder is nicer and less try hard in my experience.

I fought quite a few fun decks today on US, like summoning stone rogue, some kind of I don't know what mage with Rhonin. EU... zoo zoo zoo zoo secret paly secret play zoo zoo tempo mage zoo zoo zoo, some patron and freeze mages here and there. There are like zero druids actually lol. It's really bad to play druid I guess. It's full try hard, Vivi was right. I'm rank 7-8 on both btw.

edit: Forgot about aggro shamans actually, this last guy was so bad, somehow he prioritized putting me at 1, over killing my drake which resulted in him losing the game on my turn. Like really dude just kill that thing, you can win next turn. Thanks I guess. lol.

Apathy

Get ready for some funnel cakes.

Speaking of which, he has one of the saddest death sounds :( he just wanted to give people funnel cakes. Wondering what peoples favorite card voices are, cause I love micro machines played voiced "for a little guy, I pack a biiiiiig punch" and the Tournament Medic "fine I'll heal" and "fine, I'll wand" make me laugh every single time.

greepoman

playing ladder today, thinking that in about a month there will be no effing mad scientist, shredder, minibot etc, it just blows my mind, I can't believe it, that game actually sounds like a really good game unlike what we're playing now. It just sounds too good, EU ladder is complete trash. US ladder is nicer and less try hard in my experience.

I stopped playing like a month ago because ladder was so trash and came back today and was in the dumpster ranks... much lower than I've been since I can remember and it was such a breathe of fresh air.

So many random decks...ran in to someone running an inspire deck lol. And then you have decks where people don't have all the cards so they start throwing in random stuff so it adds a little pizzazz. Was able to play tier2 or lower decks and have fun while ranking up.

Get ready for some funnel cakes.
I don't get the big deal with him. Heals 4 for both of us...that's okay with me.

Speaking of which, he has one of the saddest death sounds :( he just wanted to give people funnel cakes. Wondering what peoples favorite card voices are, cause I love micro machines played voiced "for a little guy, I pack a biiiiiig punch" and the Tournament Medic "fine I'll heal" and "fine, I'll wand" make me laugh every single time.
GIVE ME A BIG HUG!

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I'm dusting my Golden Cenarius for an Antonidas in a few minutes. Someone stop me. Is there any modern use for Cenarius right now or in the future?

I don't think anything makes me laugh more than Tuskarr Jouster's "Is this the fishing tournament?" or Antonidas' weak-ass "To battle!" in the rare chance he lives to attack. Shieldbearer and Doomsayer are also really great when they get to attack.

Apathy

I don't think anything makes me laugh more than Tuskarr Jouster's "Is this the fishing tournament?" or Antonidas' weak-ass "To battle!" in the rare chance he lives to attack. Shieldbearer and Doomsayer are also really great when they get to attack.

"Ha- Ha" from Antonidas is so weird. "Running Program: Hug" is also really cute.

Apathy

After Dr Boom is gone from standard, what legendary will people complain about? Ragnaros?

Whatever new one gets introduced. People still use the classic ones now because they are strong, but nothing as crazy as Dr. 7.

Killed an opponents fugen, then I mind visioned a stalag, silenced his slag, use mine, my opponent kills mine, and thadius shows up on my side. He instantly quit

With Boom gone, the best Neutral legendary is Sylvanas again and she was already nerfed. Loatheb is gone too, so the top 5 right now looks like Sylvanas, Reno, Ragnaros, Alexstrazsa and Emperor. Alex might get nerfed.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm dusting my Golden Cenarius for an Antonidas in a few minutes. Someone stop me. Is there any modern use for Cenarius right now or in the future?

Depending on if they really nerf the FoN and Savage Roar combo, Midrange Druid might fall out of favor and move into Ramp Druid. If that occurs, you'll want Cenarius.

Freeze Mage can just fuck off a die. They don't even bother to play minions anymore. Spell, spell, spell, spell, +8 armor, + 8 armor, invincible , invincible , spell, 10 damage fireball.

It doesn't matter what you play. It's impossible to get enough damage because they can't die.

Things that need to happen to freeze Mage to make it not shit.
1. If your minion has devine shield, it shouldn't die from a doom sayer. The shield should pop and stay on the board.
2. Spells like consecrate should produce damage regardless if iceblock is on or not. Freeze Mage shouldn't be completely invincible. It's a bullshit card played by bullshit hearthstone players.

Salt is real.

Heropon

Can't wait until the LoE bonus in arena is gone. Every paladin having 2+ Keeper of Uldaman is getting old.

I'm not really sure it will get much better even with a few less Uldamans. Now that paladin is losing minibot and muster in standard I think they will make other good cards to make up for that and paladins end up with even more annoying tools. But I hope it doesn't happen and they get jack shit instead.

Top Bottom