• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Acerac

Banned
anyone got experience playing dragon priest, that seems like fun, I would have to save up for blackrock wings though

I've had a lot of fun running the deck, though I've had trouble getting it past rank 5. It'll get a huge boost once standard becomes a thing.

ricelord

Freeze Mage can just fuck off a die. They don't even bother to play minions anymore. Spell, spell, spell, spell, +8 armor, + 8 armor, invincible , invincible , spell, 10 damage fireball.

It doesn't matter what you play. It's impossible to get enough damage because they can't die.

Things that need to happen to freeze Mage to make it not shit.
1. If your minion has devine shield, it shouldn't die from a doom sayer. The shield should pop and stay on the board.
2. Spells like consecrate should produce damage regardless if iceblock is on or not. Freeze Mage shouldn't be completely invincible. It's a bullshit card played by bullshit hearthstone players.

Salt is real.

play control warrior and watch the free wins come in.

ViviOggi

Arena is legit busted for the foreseeable future, fucking EVERYTHING is Paladin. You're literally playing against drafts, doesn't matter whether they're piloted by a bot, a monkey fetus or Blizzard AI. And since it's Wild it won't ever change.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I've heard this before. Is it really halfway playable? I guess there's a LOT of bad Legendaries... They should buff them.

Cenarius is pretty much always in Ramp and IIRC back in the day was in the standard list. Either way Druid is looking to see the most changes so it's probably a good idea to keep either way.

Arena is legit busted for the foreseeable future, fucking EVERYTHING is Paladin. You're literally playing against drafts, doesn't matter whether they're piloted by a bot, a monkey fetus or Blizzard AI. And since it's Wild it won't ever change.

it's pretty fun when you get to play paladin, though

no idea why uldaman is a common too

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Do you guys think Varian will be viable in Standard? I have one and kinda want to use him.

Maybe? With Lightbomb gone that actually cuts out a pretty significant drawback to the card. But I still don't know what kind of deck you would put him in.

Apathy

Going through the cards in crafting and reading the flavour text is so funny. That's a job I would love to do, put a bunch of my useless Warcraft knowledge to use

Mulgrok

Made a face shaman deck that has no Nax or GvG cards. Only lost once so far.

EDIT:
uIlyvN5.png

Why don't Mages have a 2 damage AoE for 4 like Paladins? I feel like Consecrate is the best early board clear out there.

Made a face shaman deck that has no Nax or GvG cards. Only lost once so far.
Do share. I am interested in face Shaman if aggro lock becomes too weak.

Dahbomb

Why don't Mages have a 2 damage AoE for 4 like Paladins? I feel like Consecrate is the best early board clear out there.

Because Mage has 3 AOE freezes, a 1 damage AOE and a 4 damage AOE. All of which Paladin doesn't have.

Best early board control spells are Hellfire as it does 3 damage and Demonwrath at 3 mana plus Powershot for Hunters.

Apathy

Not that i'm defending them, but blizzard probably said "well two 2 mana arcane explosions is like one 4 mana consecration". Mages got enough ways to stall out a game till they can get some of the bigger aoe.

Zoggy

because they already have the best board clears.

flamestrikes, blizzard, frost nova+doomsayer.

and kobold+arcane explosion would be a consecration for them.

Papercuts

Consecrate is basically the default board clear everything else is based around. Priest have Nova at 5 for 2 damage + heal, while mage have blizzard at 6 due to 2 damage + freeze. Warlock do 3 damage for 4 but it hits your own board and face so it has a potential downside to the power. Mage also have arcane explosion which is 2 mana 1 damage, alongside flamestrike, so they already have a lot of clears. Technically arcane explosion is super good with spell damage, but that's always been too clunky to really work.

Mage DO actually have explosive sheep though, since they can ping it themself which makes it a 4 mana 2 damage, though it hits your own board. Only really worth it when they need to be super antiaggro though.

Cool, Warrior gets an absolutely perfect starting hand and as soon as I'm about to overcome it and turn the tide in my favor he top decks Grommash for lethal. I swear to god this shit happens all the time now.

Edit: Next match against egg Druid, beyond ridiculous starting hand. I shouldn't even be shocked by it anymore.

Mulgrok

because they already have the best board clears.

flamestrikes, blizzard, frost nova+doomsayer.

and kobold+arcane explosion would be a consecration for them.

at least they will lose explosive sheep + ping for ghetto consecrate when standard comes out

Owzers

Freeze Mage can just fuck off a die. They don't even bother to play minions anymore. Spell, spell, spell, spell, +8 armor, + 8 armor, invincible , invincible , spell, 10 damage fireball.

It doesn't matter what you play. It's impossible to get enough damage because they can't die.

Things that need to happen to freeze Mage to make it not shit.
1. If your minion has devine shield, it shouldn't die from a doom sayer. The shield should pop and stay on the board.
2. Spells like consecrate should produce damage regardless if iceblock is on or not. Freeze Mage shouldn't be completely invincible. It's a bullshit card played by bullshit hearthstone players.

Salt is real.

If they nerf Alextraza that might save me a few losses. Usually lose when i can't pop ice block and they get Alex off, then it's almost 100% doomed. I'm hoping the nerfs are spread out well among the annoying stuff.

Papercuts

I just think it's weird that Mage is the AoE king, but it's the class I'm least scared of AoEing my troops early on.

Most of the popular mage decks don't tend to run any AoE since they're more aggressive. Mech/Tempo running something like flamestrike get really fucked over when it actually gets drawn early. Similar to Zoo really, since they usually don't have hellfire/demonfire.

Control Mages aren't super common but those are the decks that will run flamestrikes, explosive sheep, etc. while freeze mage has all of them + doomsayer nova.

Zemm

watching kolento and the amount of awful zoo players who keep tapping last that he comes up against is incredible.

Tarazet

Most of the popular mage decks don't tend to run any AoE since they're more aggressive. Mech/Tempo running something like flamestrike get really fucked over when it actually gets drawn early. Similar to Zoo really, since they usually don't have hellfire/demonfire.

Control Mages aren't super common but those are the decks that will run flamestrikes, explosive sheep, etc. while freeze mage has all of them + doomsayer nova.

I've been playing Freeze because it stomps all over Tempo Mage, Secret Paladin, and Zoo Lock. It gets shut down by Druid, though, because they can outlast you, and Warrior is a tough one too.. but I'll take the bad with the very, very good.

Apathy

I've had a lot of fun running the deck, though I've had trouble getting it past rank 5. It'll get a huge boost once standard becomes a thing.

Any suggestions for a substitution in a dragon priest deck if I don't have a twilight guardian? Think a heckler could do a good enough job as a halfway decent sub? Shieldmasta perhaps?

With Boom gone, the best Neutral legendary is Sylvanas again and she was already nerfed. Loatheb is gone too, so the top 5 right now looks like Sylvanas, Reno, Ragnaros, Alexstrazsa and Emperor. Alex might get nerfed.

I miss 5-mana Sylvanas. That was some serious bullshit for real. Even now I think she'd see play at 7 mana, albeit less frequently.

I miss 5-mana Sylvanas. That was some serious bullshit for real. Even now I think she'd see play at 7 mana, albeit less frequently.

If Sylvanas was 7 mana she might still see play just because Boom is gone and there aren't any other 7 drops.

But yeah 5 mana Sylvanas is nuts.

A lot of Sylvanas' value comes from forcing your opponent to make sloppy plays and uneven trades because the alternative is much, much worse so I think she prob would still see play at 7 mana. Not as much for sure.

The beginning of every season for me:

"Oh, look, a new season of Hearthstone! Let's try and build something cool to beat the meta and ladder with. Done! What's our first opponent? Secret Mage? Oh. Next opponent. Beast Trap Hunter? Huh. Maybe the next one... Wilfred Reno Control Warlock?"

Every season. I never learn my lesson about just playing some aggro deck or Zoo through the double digit ranks.

Zoggy

bringing back face hunter using king krush to finish before they reno up.

i've won 3 games in a row so i'm gonna retire it and say it works 100% and rexxar is back baby smorc smorc

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
The beginning of every season for me:

"Oh, look, a new season of Hearthstone! Let's try and build something cool to beat the meta and ladder with. Done! What's our first opponent? Secret Mage? Oh. Next opponent. Beast Trap Hunter? Huh. Maybe the next one... Wilfred Reno Control Warlock?"

Every season. I never learn my lesson about just playing some aggro deck or Zoo through the double digit ranks.
You totally ran into me if you fought Reno Wilfred Warlock today. I'm getting tired of dicking around though. About to go Aggro Shaman or Raptor Rogue to get into the actual ranks.

jgminto

Do you guys think Justicar will still see play in Midrange Paladin for Standard? Pumping out recruits in the late game is nice but the synergy with Quartermaster is what elevates it. Hopefully there will be some sort of recruit buff card in the next expansion since Warhorse Trainer isn't good enough.

Papercuts

Do you guys think Justicar will still see play in Midrange Paladin for Standard? Pumping out recruits in the late game is nice but the synergy with Quartermaster is what elevates it. Hopefully there will be some sort of recruit buff card in the next expansion since Warhorse Trainer isn't good enough.

Like you said it loses a lot without QM. Really depends what they get in the future, but I do think she'll have a place as making two 1/1s will always be great in drawn out control matches.

Fireblend

Banned
Where are all the druids I'm supposed to be farming with my Tempo mage? So far it's been warlocks which are its worst match ups, and crazy fatigue warrior/priests D: it's like I'm playing another game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder how big of a change in crafting patterns the announcement has made. Like if it wasn't for the standard announcement, I would have crafted Sabotage for this Brawl. But since the card is going to be wild only in a month or two, I can't just tell my self it could be meta in the future. (And even if it is in the wild meta, I can craft it then)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Honestly? I think Sylvanas might be one of the most overrated cards in the game. Not that she's bad or that I woudn't put her in some decks. But some people think that whenever you need a 6 drop, you automatically just put her in. And I'm really not so sure about that. She's awful on an empty board and aggro will just ignore her because you'll probably get some garbage tiny crap anyway, if you can kill her in time. There are definitely situations where she is very good but there are also a lot of situations where she is bad. I think she'd be unplayable at 7 mana.

Pooya

I wonder how big of a change in crafting patterns the announcement has made. Like if it wasn't for the standard announcement, I would have crafted Sabotage for this Brawl. But since the card is going to be wild only in a month or two, I can't just tell my self it could be meta in the future. (And even if it is in the wild meta, I can craft it then)

I was regretting dusting my Gallywix, thinking the card will be playable in some meta eventually... RIP.

I recently crafted second lightbomb, that's what hurts, I don't even play priest much and just wasted 400 dust.

I'm still missing some very important classic legendary cards as my luck with packs has been beyond awful. From now on, I use dust only for classic cards and nothing else until I complete the collection.

Top Bottom