• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Peléo

Damn I have enough dust to craft a couple of legendaries, but I don't feel like I should do anything until the new update happens.

But there's some new decks I wanna try out.

Are most folk saving their gold and dust right now?

I am saving everything so far. They said they will take the opportunity to rebalane certain classic and basic cards, so even staples such as Alextraza/Ragnaros may suffer changes.

ViviOggi

That Warlock curve is fine. Sure you'd like a Flame Imp or Chow but it's arena, you can't have everything. 2 premium 2s and high quality 3s, if you're hit a 1 or double 2s you'll have the board until 4 except against Paladin hyper bullshit (which you do see even at negative w/l nowadays so good luck)

I've been averaging more than one legendary for a few arena drafts now. Almost feels like they've increased the odds.
I'm 100% convinced they do precisely that for about a day every other week, usually around the weekend.

Zemm

that's the kind of RNG where you just want to break something, don't forget the Onyxia they got from the portal too.

Mixed2k

lmao this pit snake and consecutive topdecks, hearthstone in a nutshell
It does make the game a bit more interesting to watch though.

i'm running some misdirection hunter tonight, except i subbed in captain greenskin for arcane golem. i don't see why you wouldn't, greenskin makes eaglehorn bow even more amazing

bPKR2Gn.png

i almost want more traps just to make EHB super OP but i'm not sure. tracking is pretty slick cos you can drop it after EHB and snipe greenskin and things like that.

i think i'm gonna experiment with a -1 abusive +1 freezing trap

Oh, nice, you made it to Legend! Was it with your Aggro Priest then? Apologies if I missed you mentioning it before but you said you were gunning for it with your custom deck.

Oh, nice, you made it to Legend! Was it with your Aggro Priest then? Apologies if I missed you mentioning it before but you said you were gunning for it with your custom deck.

nah thats not my account (i worked like 55 hours this week, not much time to ladder!), its
https://us.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHS/comments/43b4wc/guide_aggro_feint_hunter/

i got to 8 last month in a few days with aggro priest and i do mostly play that, but MDH is taking me today, just had
QX1EKAp.png

and the secret is misdirection lol, very fun deck, but like i said i swapped in freezing and captain greenskin for arcane and abusive, since you basically just want one minion on the board at a time.

come to think of it i don't think i've ever faced an opponent who used misdirection

the funnest part is after you've hit on one misdirection, any secret you drop after, the opponent waits for like five minutes before deciding to go face the next time...only to get explosive or freezinged hopefully!

Peléo;194438468 said:
I am saving everything so far. They said they will take the opportunity to rebalane certain classic and basic cards, so even staples such as Alextraza/Ragnaros may suffer changes.
Yeah that's what I'm kind of worried about. I was thinking I could at least craft some classic cards, but then they might get changed. But then again don't they let you dust them for full value if they make any changes to the cards?

Blizzard really needs to take the opportunity with the introduction of Standard and go back and rebalance some spells. Way too many of them are balanced for minion removal which makes them completely fucking broken when used on the face. Fireball, Frostbolt, Kill Command, Lava Burst, Crackle, etc.

Blizzard really needs to take the opportunity with the introduction of Standard and go back and rebalance some spells. Way too many of them are balanced for minion removal which makes them completely fucking broken when used on the face. Fireball, Frostbolt, Kill Command, Lava Burst, Crackle, etc.

Crackle is GvG.

Peléo

Yeah that's what I'm kind of worried about. I was thinking I could at least craft some classic cards, but then they might get changed. But then again don't they let you dust them for full value if they make any changes to the cards?

They said they won´t give full dust value for the adventure cards, but nothing was said for the Classic cards. My guess: they won´t.

Classic cards will never lose value though, since they will always be present in the Standard format. Others, such as Black Rock Mountain and TGT, are the next in line for being rotated out, so it doesnt make much sense to jump into them right now.

I would say buy Classic Packs and use the rest for the next expansion when it comes out. LOE is a maybe. Save Dust regardless, at least until the balance changes are made.

the funnest part is after you've hit on one misdirection, any secret you drop after, the opponent waits for like five minutes before deciding to go face the next time...only to get explosive or freezinged hopefully!

Hopefully we can get a good Secret or Control Hunter going come Standard, because I do find Misdirection really fun too. Just have to hope you don't get Freezing and Misdirect out on the same turn.

Dahbomb

Hopefully we can get a good Secret or Control Hunter going come Standard, because I do find Misdirection really fun too. Just have to hope you don't get Freezing and Misdirect out on the same turn.
Blizzard was happy enough to provide me a card I can share with GAF that's coming in the next expansion (like they did with Kripp/Amaz/Trump etc.):

3e9ab871.png

Man I am really going to miss Unstable Portal.

Said no one ever because **** that card.

I really am going to miss that shit. My Unstable Portal luck is fucking godly.

As for the rest of the RNG shit in this game.....ugh.

I played 3 arcane missiles and I only needed 2 of the shots to hit the face. Out of 9 shots, not one of them hit my opponents face, and he only had one goddamn minion on the board. Holy fucking shit. Well at least I got to kill that Ancient of War.....smh

fertygo

I never feel Kill Command is intended for removal, its a face card.

ViviOggi

Fuck Mage's rng bs and Esportal in particular. I die a little inside every time a turn 1 coin Esportal play is rewarded with a 5-drop, and in arena that shit is just soul-crushing.

Or those BrokeBack <10% Flamewanker clears... gut it

Yeah I don't see how Esportal is ever fair, you either get a big card at a huge discount or a cheap card for zero, the only way it's not worth it is if you get a 0-1 drop out of it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yeah I don't see how Esportal is ever fair, you either get a big card at a huge discount or a cheap card for zero,

Uh, you have to take into account the two mana you pay for the card.

There's a reason that Tempo Mage is like the only deck that runs two copies of it.

Ridli

Anybody randomly get 2 quests today?

I don't know if this was addressed, but there is a hidden buffer of quests that builds up if you go a few days without completing quests or re-rolling quests. These show up on the next day when you have extra slots open. I've had instances where I haven't been playing for several days, come in and knock out the three quests I have and then get 3 more the following day. However, re-rolling any current quests will delete all the entire "hidden" queue.

Tagyhag

I don't know if this was addressed, but there is a hidden buffer of quests that builds up if you go a few days without completing quests or re-rolling quests. These show up on the next day when you have extra slots open. I've had instances where I haven't been playing for several days, come in and knock out the three quests I have and then get 3 more the following day. However, re-rolling any current quests will delete all the entire "hidden" queue.

Ahh that makes sense. Thank you!

Top Bottom