• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Hycran

Banned
Eloise: Playing with the world champion and the worlds best rank 2 player

FUCKING ETHER, this girl gives no fucks, would wife the shit out of her.

Did Eloise just say "Worlds best rectal player?"

Rank 2 is a reference to the 24 hour stream where Forsen, Reynad and I think Thijs played where it ended up being Forsen and Thijs making it into legend and the noodle got stuck at rank 2 (which is ironic given the catchphrase of the tempostorm website - become legendary)

Edit: Haha wtf the stream ended with "congrats team liquid" - amateur hour

Zoggy

everyone's saying tazdingo makes a comeback when belcher is gone, but why play him over abomination?

especially against aggro decks, abomination works better no?

idk

Dahbomb

Abomination comes out 1 turn later and has only 4 HP.

Can't play Abomination on an empty board, can't play when low on HP. It's not that great of a card.

Tazdingo is one of my favorite cards. First card I put into my deck and still play it in some of my decks like Renolock. GG like Yeti.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Abom has the same amount of stats as tazdingo but the distribution makes him less effective on top of being more expensive. While the clear could be clutch, it also damages your face which can be really bad.

Meanwhile belcher is literally a senjin and a goldshire footman stapled together which speaks something about the quality of him as a 4 drop. Evil Heckler could be pretty interesting to watch though, but it depends on what gets added.

Pooya

You don't want to play senjin in standard, there are a lot of 5/4s and 3/5s 4 drops in the game now. You will be facing savage combatant, violet teacher, yeti, tomb pillager, holy champion etc. Evil Heckler trades up way better. With cards like minibot and death's bite gone too, Evil Heckler is looking better than senjin. If something like KJ is nerfed too then it's just better to run Heckler.

Alright, so I learned that the Google Opinion Rewards app gives you Google Play $, which you can apparently use to buy Hearthstone packs. I signed my wife and I up for a little extra cash that will accumulate over time. We both got a dollar today.

For you vets: any other great tricks on ways to get Hearthstone content faster/for free? There should be a comprehensive guide for newbies out there...

Not sure what you mean?

ET makes Anubarak a 8 mana card. You play Anubarak for 8 mana, it dies and comes to your hand but it will cost 9 mana.
Ah, yeah. I was wondering if the cost reduction sticks.

Dahbomb

There are those Amazon coin things. If you buy packs in bulk with them you get them at a discounted rate. Something like that.

You also get the free packs for playing the game on different devices.

Apathy

Alright, so I learned that the Google Opinion Rewards app gives you Google Play $, which you can apparently use to buy Hearthstone packs. I signed my wife and I up for a little extra cash that will accumulate over time. We both got a dollar today.

For you vets: any other great tricks on ways to get Hearthstone content faster/for free? There should be a comprehensive guide for newbies out there...

Faster and free only to together if you're good at arenas. You need to average over 6 or 7 wins there to break even, and it gives you packs and dust. Aside from that you can either get it free and just get your 100gold/30 wins per day and quest gold. If you want it fast buy 60 packs one time and get a lot of the basic cards all at once.

Edit: also here http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Quest check under unique quests. Those are the hidden quests that give you stuff one time when you complete them.

Woohoo

Pulled a

22288.png

That might be useful in standard, right?

Dahbomb

Woohoo

Pulled a

22288.png

That might be useful in standard, right?
This card sucks. Far inferior to Emperor Thaurissan and less consistent too.

People thought that this would work in Handlock because Handlock runs lots of expensive creatures/cards but they didn't realize that Handlock also runs many cheap stuff like Mortal Coils, Chows, Sunfury, Ancient Watcher, Owl, Dark Bomb etc. If they effect doesn't hit a big creature then it's like paying 8 mana for a 6 mana worth of stats... absolutely horrible!

Disenchanted his goofy butt after experimenting with him for a while. Now I don't have to feel bad when I look at my Handlock collect and see him not available thanks to the existence of Standard format and that he will get rotated out next year anyway.

fertygo

I somehow winning against secret pally today with my shitty ass hunter deck, he already pull MC too but I focusing to attack his minions so that one trap that boosting minion stat won't pull at beginning of turn, will lose the next 99 encounter tho.

Pooya

I had Wilfred since close to TGT, I haven't even played it once :(

Saarad should be viable in a slower meta. I'm missing Rhonin, Mistcaller and Aviana from TGT, some of the could playable now potentially.

Pooya

I hope they nerf arcane golem, the card is just so open for abuse and of course I noticed I have two golden ones, which could become one legendary. So please nerf.

I stopped hitting the dust button since last week, who knows maybe even common stuff like leper gnomes or abusive sergeant get a nerf...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I feel Alex needs to be nerfed, but I can't think of any way to nerf its battle cry and not make it utterly suck or just redo it. The only thing I can think of is to make its statline suck.

Maybe something like "Set a hero's remaining health to 15. Convert lost heath into armor", or "Heal the target hero to half life". Would kill the card as a way to burst down an opponent without another card that could burn your opponents armor, and could be a buff in a number of scenarios where its sort of a dead card in hand.

Zoggy

I somehow winning against secret pally today with my shitty ass hunter deck, he already pull MC too but I focusing to attack his minions so that one trap that boosting minion stat won't pull at beginning of turn, will lose the next 99 encounter tho.

face hunter is very strong against secret pally.

smorc smorc

gF5FkzP.png

what do u think i should drop from this list for captain greenskin? obvi kezan mystic is the obvious ideal card to drop, but i put it in as an extra 'eff you' to paladwins on the ladder. these trap hunter decks are really fun, lots of in game strategy involved, greenskin on eaglehorn bow is awesome though since you can indefinitely add to that damage. maybe galvazooka, but galvy is good when you don't have a strong minion core, so idk!

scarab is sooo strong too since he can grab EHB, kill command, UTH etc, it kinda pains me not to double up on him in a longer term deck like this

The illuminator.

The rest of the deck seems to be about doing damage and the secrets do not last for long. Indeed you are counting on them getting triggered.

The illuminator.

The rest of the deck seems to be about doing damage and the secrets do not last for long. Indeed you are counting on them getting triggered.

loomys pretty interesting though, combos with freezing trap really well, and is kind of a shock play to help you stick around since it's not really fast enough to be a rush deck. sort of a buffer to beat face decks since the deck isn't turbo aggro like half the ladder is. secret keeper is pretty poopy but again its an eff you to paladwin lol. i dropped a leper gnome for greenskin, adding another jewel is tempting but idk where i would put it. this kinda deck shows me that hunter secrets are really pretty well balanced honestly, they're fun and if you have a mix of them its fun to see how people react to a deck full of them

that said, once mad scientist goes away this kind of deck will be more than dead due to losing too much speed, kind of a shame! honestly i think mad scientist is fine for paladin and hunter, it's only broken in mage.

the fact that i just grabbed maexena from webspinner makes me lean towards dropping a spider for a scarab lol :p at least that won't be a problem next month!

ive quickly learned that mulliganing for the bow is the way to go though, deck is reliant on it. such a good weapon when you abuse it tho

this is why scarab is fun:

5w5Vl4Y.png

OUbztzO.png

Xanathus

You don't want to play senjin in standard, there are a lot of 5/4s and 3/5s 4 drops in the game now. You will be facing savage combatant, violet teacher, yeti, tomb pillager, holy champion etc. Evil Heckler trades up way better. With cards like minibot and death's bite gone too, Evil Heckler is looking better than senjin. If something like KJ is nerfed too then it's just better to run Heckler.

Yup, you 100% run Evil Heckler over Senjin. With Piloted Shredder gone most decks will replace it with 4 drops like Water Elemental, Murloc Knight, Savage Combatant and Tomb Pillager. Senjin doesn't trade or trades unfavorably with all of them.

For the life of me, I can't figure out what is up with Paladin. I guess since it was complete garbage pre-Naxx they gave it all the overpowered cards. Divine Favor and Anyfin should not exist. :l

Disclaimer: I'm just salty that my Reno Mage winstreak was broken by some guy Divine Favoring for 8 into Leeroy and Abusive.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
This card sucks. Far inferior to Emperor Thaurissan and less consistent too.

People thought that this would work in Handlock because Handlock runs lots of expensive creatures/cards but they didn't realize that Handlock also runs many cheap stuff like Mortal Coils, Chows, Sunfury, Ancient Watcher, Owl, Dark Bomb etc. If they effect doesn't hit a big creature then it's like paying 8 mana for a 6 mana worth of stats... absolutely horrible!

Disenchanted his goofy butt after experimenting with him for a while. Now I don't have to feel bad when I look at my Handlock collect and see him not available thanks to the existence of Standard format and that he will get rotated out next year anyway.

Wilfred could be really useful in some kind of future brawl. You never know. Remember what happened with Shadowfiend in the last brawl?

gutshot

Google Rewards are great. I've gotten a bunch of free packs through it.

I also use Bing Rewards. You get points for using Bing that I then redeem for $5 Amazon gift cards. I use the gift cards to buy Amazon Coins and purchase packs that way since you get a little discount. Amazon also does deals around when new expansions release that can get you 20% Coins back for purchasing $20 or more in Hearthstone packs. I have $15 in Amazon gift cards right now via Bing Rewards and should hopefully get another $5 before the expansion drops, so I will be able to take advantage of any Coin back deals they run.

Menchi

On Charge being an awful mechanic, what if it only allowed you to attack minions on the turn it is summoned? It'd fix the OTK problem of the mechanic, and still be thematic in the sense of "charging into battle"

HOLY SHIT. Remember my complaint that my Faerie Dragon got killed by a Mad Bomber's RNG right after I played it? I just got my opponent with the same situation in Arena.

Google Rewards are great. I've gotten a bunch of free packs through it.

I also use Bing Rewards. You get points for using Bing that I then redeem for $5 Amazon gift cards. I use the gift cards to buy Amazon Coins and purchase packs that way since you get a little discount. Amazon also does deals around when new expansions release that can get you 20% Coins back for purchasing $20 or more in Hearthstone packs. I have $15 in Amazon gift cards right now via Bing Rewards and should hopefully get another $5 before the expansion drops, so I will be able to take advantage of any Coin back deals they run.

How often does Bing reward you, and for how much work?

gutshot

HOLY SHIT. Remember my complaint that my Faerie Dragon got killed by a Mad Bomber's RNG right after I played it? I just got my opponent with the same situation in Arena.

How often does Bing reward you, and for how much work?

You can get around 30 points a day and an Amazon gift card costs 475 points (once you hit gold level, which you will if you do it every day). So about once every 15 days, provided you get your max points each day. It only takes me about 5 mins to max out my points for the day. Each search counts for a point and I just go to the homepage and click on all the news stories.

On Charge being an awful mechanic, what if it only allowed you to attack minions on the turn it is summoned? It'd fix the OTK problem of the mechanic, and still be thematic in the sense of "charging into battle"
Yeah I was kinda thinking the same thing for a while now, what if charge minions can't hit face on the turn they're summoned? It'd be a pretty big change though and most charge minions would need a stat buff or something to make up for the reduced threat level.

Even then though you could argue that it's unfair that Mage can still OTK you with spells but other classes can't do the same with Charge minions.

Apathy

I feel Alex needs to be nerfed, but I can't think of any way to nerf its battle cry and not make it utterly suck or just redo it. The only thing I can think of is to make its statline suck.

Maybe something like "Set a hero's remaining health to 15. Convert lost heath into armor", or "Heal the target hero to half life". Would kill the card as a way to burst down an opponent without another card that could burn your opponents armor, and could be a buff in a number of scenarios where its sort of a dead card in hand.

Personally I would rather it see a complete redo. She's technically the life-binder aspect, why the heck she can do 15 damage is crazy. It should have just been a heal, and maybe even just make it heal for 15.

I wish there were some guaranteed way to get a Jaraxxus. :-/

You know what would solve almost every problem in the game?

If minions could block. Or, hell, what if you could just assign a minion as a "defender" instead of attacking. Then the unique trait of Taunt would be having both roles simultaneously, but the board would be less volatile.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Several problems with that.

1. Current charge minions are balanced around being able to hit face on the first turn they are played. Bluegill Warrior,Woflrider, Arcane Golem, and Reckless Rocketeer would all be unplayable if they were forced to attack minions on the turn they were played.
2. The mechanic would be pointless if your opponent did not have minions on the board.
3. It makes the mechanic much more difficult to understand for new players.

Then again, why is Charge inherently more problematic than spells? Fireball is 6 damage for 4, while Reckless Rocketeer is 5 damage for 6.

Also, that moment when you have 3 Flamestrikes and a Blizzard in your hand in Arena...

Dahbomb

Then again, why is Charge inherently more problematic than spells? Fireball is 6 damage for 4, while Reckless Rocketeer is 5 damage for 6.

Also, that moment when you have 3 Flamestrikes and a Blizzard in your hand in Arena...
Because it's easier to buff minion damage than spell damage and minions can potentially attack twice or more, spells can't.

Reckless Rocketeer can easily hit for 13 damage with stuff like Cold Blood. A Fireball can't even hit that much with Malygos on board (and you can't do Fireball Malygos on same turn but you can do Reckless and 2 Cold Bloods on same turn).

Haunted

Because spells are one-time use, while charge minions can potentially be used several times, up to indefinitely + the potential for minion buffs.

Your proposed change would necessitate a rework in stats for pretty much every minion with charge.

2 Flamestrikes and a Blizzard, and I don't find any until 16 cards into the deck. -_-

Because it's easier to buff minion damage than spell damage and minions can potentially attack twice or more, spells can't.

Reckless Rocketeer can easily hit for 13 damage with stuff like Cold Blood. A Fireball can't even hit that much with Malygos on board (and you can't do Fireball Malygos on same turn but you can do Reckless and 2 Cold Bloods on same turn).
I'm not unaware of that, but I think they're comparatively fair.

Because spells are one-time use, while charge minions can potentially be used several times, up to indefinitely + the potential for minion buffs.

Your proposed change would necessitate a rework in stats for pretty much every minion with charge.
Oh no, Blizzard might have to balance the game?!

Top Bottom