• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

Killjoy-NL

Where do you get the PlayStation numbers from? Are they reliable?
Ingame

Edit:

~390K just now

Edit 2:

Thinking about it, maybe it's total players across both platforms.
Got crossplay turned off, so assumed it was showing only active PS5 players.

Edit 3:

Active Helldivers is the total CCU.

Last edited:
:messenger_dizzy: Just passed Palworld....How?!

GGfr73TaoAA179T

Katajx

Level 12. Mostly played as a duo so far, but started playing in 3 and 4 person teams today. Game is still a ton of fun, and it is so hectic.

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Cleared all 3 mission in an Extreme run yesterday with a buddy of mine doing 85% of all the optional objectives too and successful evac, wish we had just 5 more minutes on the timer to clear the last couple of bug nests lol. What tends to happen is you get overrun by 5 chargers, hordes of smaller enemies, a Bile Titan and even King Cockroach so you become embroiled in a prolonged battle wasting precious time. Smoke bomb seems like it could be handy here to aid a retreat, I just haven't experimented with it yet.

Playing as a duo is probably my favourite way to play overall though I still love tackling missions solo and 4 player with randos is usually a blast too. 30 hours clocked now, the game is so good, wouldn't be surprised if many have it as their GOTY come the end of the year, I know it will absolutely be in my top 10, most likely top 5 in a year that is already off to a killer start.

yurinka

helldivers-2-halo.png

Today is the day Helldivers 2 achieves a higher Steam CCU than the F2P part of Halo: Infinite.

These are the all time Steam CCU peak for the Sony PS Studios games released on PC:
  1. Helldivers II 276,013
  2. God of War: 73,529
  3. Spider-Man Remastered: 66,436
  4. Horizon Zero Dawn: 56,557
  5. TLOU Part I: 36,496
  6. Days Gone: 27,450
  7. Spider-Man Miles Morales: 13,539
  8. Uncharted collection: 10,851
  9. Ratchet Rift Apart: 8,757
  10. Detroit: 8,222
  11. Helldivers 1: 6,744
  12. Death Stranding: 6,093
  13. Guns Up!: 2,277
  14. Journey: 1,757
  15. Predator Hunting Grounds: 1,504
  16. Beyond Two Souls: 1,346
  17. Heavy Rain: 747
  18. Sackboy: 610
  19. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture: 191
Some extra coop-ish shooters as reference:
  • PUBG 3,257,248 (F2P)
  • Counter-Strike GO/2 1,818,773 (F2P)
  • Apex Legends 624,473 (F2P)
  • Call of Duty 491,670
  • Starfield 330,723
  • Counter-Strike 319,586 (F2P)
  • Destiny 2 316,750 (F2P)
  • Helldivers II 276,013
  • Dying Light 2 274,983
  • Halo Infinite 272,586 (F2P)
  • Team Fortress 2 253,997 (F2P)
  • Payday 2 247,709
  • The Finals 242,619 (F2P)
  • Rainbow Six Siege 201,053
  • Warframe 189,837 (F2P)
  • Left 4 Dead 2 162,399
  • Halo MCC 161,024
  • Outriders 125,143
  • Borderlands 2 124,678
  • Insurgency 121,575
  • Battlefield V 116,104
  • The Division 114,228
  • Remnant II 110,856
  • Warhammer 40,000 Darktide 108,395
  • Battlefield 2042 107,376
  • Warhammer Vermintide 2 104,323
  • Borderlands 3 93,820
  • Payday 3 77,938
  • Killing Floor 2 69,987
  • Battlefield 1 53,714
  • Payday 50,316
  • Deep Rock Galactic 46,687
  • Left 4 Dead 30,616
  • Vermintide 24,700
  • Killing Floor 24,107
  • Borderlands 23,655
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2 21,923
  • Battlefield 4 12,425
  • Star Wars Battlefront II 10,489
  • Battlefield 3 1,412
  • Battlefield 2 1,399
  • Star Wars Battlefront 623
  • Battlefield Hardline 279
Helldivers II achieved a higher all time Steam CCU peak than the whole catalog from PS Studios, Xbox Game Studios, Activision, Bethesda, EA, 2K, Rockstar, Ubisoft, Valve, WB, Bandai Namco, Square Enix, Capcom, Sega, Koei Tecmo, Embracer with only these following exceptions:
  • Counter-Strike GO/2 (1,818,773, F2P)
  • Dota 2 (1,295,114, F2P)
  • Elden Ring (953,426)
  • Hogwarts Legacy (879,308)
  • CoD (491,670)
  • Fallout 4 (472,962)
  • Life is Strange 2 (468,717)
  • GTAV (364,548)
  • Starfield (330,723)
  • Counter-Strike (319,586, F2P)
  • Skyrim (287,411)

Hot5pur

servers at capacity.....
yeesh, where is the queue system?
I do wonder how quickly the numbers will drop off, perhaps they will have a good trickle of content relatively soon

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Just solo'd a Suicide mission, woop woop. Eradicate Terminid swarm, used incendiary mines, rocket sentry, laser drone and orbital laser, wasn't even that hard. Now for a big mission though, I don't think it will go as smoothly lol

Edit: I got destroyed lol. More importantly, getting the gray screen again post mission, XP not being rewarded, double XP weekend ftw!

Last edited:

Dynasty8

Just solo'd a Suicide mission, woop woop. Eradicate Terminid swarm, used incendiary mines, rocket sentry, laser drone and orbital laser, wasn't even that hard. Now for a big mission though, I don't think it will go as smoothly lol

Edit: I got destroyed lol. More importantly, getting the gray screen again post mission, XP not being rewarded, double XP weekend ftw!

Didn't even think it was possible to solo. I'm going crazy here on hard trying to solo. Once I get hit by a bug, I am slowed and can't run away. Get swallowed by the mob right after.

Esca

Been eyeing this game for awhile and finally bought it just now and when I go to play I get servers at capacity lol sob, really was looking forward to this tonight.

Might as well try that skulls and bones trail

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Once I get hit by a bug

Ahhh, that right there is the problem, don't get hit! lol Seriously though, position everything for max coverage, incendiary covering one entrance, rocket turret against wall, supply beacon down at start to stay stocked, orbital laser for the big boys (I had 1 Charger and 1 Bile Titan). Stay close to the rocket cannon and pick off everything before they can even get close, use grenades liberally, laser drone will help a lot too.

ManaByte

Gold Member
FFS. The game is great but the online side of things have been nothing but a shit show.

Fake edit: in on the 5th attempt, but point stands.
I was matchmaking with randoms fine earlier. Then I got the exp error and stopped for a while. When I came back servers were at capacity.

clarky

Gold Member
You would think they could simply boost the servers within the week :(
I'm in fine now, but looks feels like they will shit the bed proper this weekend. I wonder why they didn't do a beta?

Games completely blown up. Will hit 300k CCU, if they can handle it that is.

Kudos to the Dev's, a good game at a fair price, with very reasonable MTX. Just need them to sort of the network issues and the crashes and we good.

Last edited:

Mikado

Had some great games with some Gaffers and randos earlier tonight. Pretty sure none of us got any EXP due to all the bugs but still worth it.

No getting into the servers now tho :(

dpPKl32.png

Last edited:
I saw on Discord that if you restart your game after a mission (or several you don't have to do it each time) you will receive all your rewards. I played a bunch of missions all perfectly except nothing was counting afterwards. Hopefully when I log in it's all there.

Mikado

Everytime anyone in my squad picks up a shiny they get stuck in place. Only prodigious amounts of teabagging seem to help get them unstuck again.

I think maybe imma just head out for the night and let the servers settle down.

tmlDan

Everytime anyone in my squad picks up a shiny they get stuck in place. Only prodigious amounts of teabagging seem to help get them unstuck again.

I think maybe imma just head out for the night and let the servers settle down.
you get unstuck after an amount of time, its feels like server lag when acquiring credits - it's weird, but yea, melee your teammates to get unstuck lol

Mikado

The dual dropship happened again, except this time one successfully landed and we extracted... but as we ascended, we clipped through the other dropship and it killed us both. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

And on that note, gonna call it a night lol

I mean I'm sorry that happened but it's actually pretty amazing that not one, but both drops ships actually have collision and collision damage during what is effectively a cutscene.

I mean I'm sorry that happened but it's actually pretty amazing that not one, but both drops ships actually have collision and collision damage during what is effectively a cutscene.
It counted as a successful extract so we're not even mad - it was actually hilarious. But we would have liked to have kept playing more. Alas, the servers are borked tonight so hopefully things improve over the weekend....

skit_data

I'm gonna sit down and play a few missions today. My schedule has been completely stacked for several weeks due to studies, which has made it next to impossible to create room for gaming outside of a few daily workouts in GT7.

I just had 2 of my ship upgrades reset, after spending 10 minutes to to sign in just now. I've been very patient with this game, but they're are very testing it.

Top Bottom