• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

DeaDPo0L84

I get what you're trying to say, Starship Troopers and all, but... that's pretty much exactly how democracy functions IRL.
Jokes aside, it sounds great when the devs announce a new patch every 30 minutes, but when things don't seem to actually be fixed or even worse post patch, it all seems very redundant. We went from matchmaking not working properly, to it being a bit better, to not working at all, that's after multiple patches. I absolutely love this game, but it needs to be made more consistent asap or they will lose all the goodwill they've garnered.

cormack12

Gold Member
About that...

Anyone know if only certain strategem balls are sticky or how does it work? I feel like sometimes they randomly stick, most often when I go for it specifically they don't and so on.
I've had some weird cases calling down an orbital strike and the ball has bounced off something and fired miles away

yurinka

Did I hear/read correctly that they have plans to add new things to the game every Thursday at some point? Something to that effect?
Their top priority right now is to stabilize the servers.

But yes, they have plans to keep adding free content of all kinds (some of it obviously will be also purchasable). So far they confirmed that will include new weapons, cosmetics, enemies, planets, biomes or mechs, and the CEO said he would love to include weapon customization.

Regarding the timing and specific stuff to be added, their CEO said that due to the insane success they are having they are changing their post launch content plans to make them more ambitious.

this gifs in this thread alone make me wanna play this game :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_sunglasses:
They are from their Reddit, which is ultra fun specially for those who played it and get the inside jokes: https://www.reddit.com/r/Helldivers/

Last edited:

MastAndo

Three day weekend coming up and I'm tempted to pick this one up. Is there any fun at all to be had here solo? I'm sure once I get my bearings with the game, I'll be more into jumping on with randos (my friends only have Xbox, which is a bummer), but I'm more of a solo type of guy these days.

TrebleShot

Three day weekend coming up and I'm tempted to pick this one up. Is there any fun at all to be had here solo? I'm sure once I get my bearings with the game, I'll be more into jumping on with randos (my friends only have Xbox, which is a bummer), but I'm more of a solo type of guy these days.
Nah solo is ok but pretty barren and lifeless compared to co op. But it’s not like active coop you sit have to be chatting away or anything you can use the pin mechanic and most of the time people just know what to do.

Biggest issue is finding games, I usually start one and Random’s will join and it’s like having v good NPC with you.

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member

I've spent a ton of time playing solo and had a blast, your mileage may vary, it's highly subjective so don't take anyone's word as gospel. I can routinely solo Hard levels solo but beyond that you're pushing your luck and the game takes a turn from intense/engaging to tedious/frustrating. Good news is playing with randoms is a roaring good time too, you don't need a mic, almost every group I've played with knows what to do and uses the ping system effectively.

Im not sure if the server issues are not helping this game. My friend is sending me “full” screenshots of his screen. Otherwise people would have burned out playing it perhaps.

Spyxos

Gold Member
I wouldn't touch it as a solo player.

ManaByte

Gold Member
The Steam page says you need to link a PS account. Does that mean there's cross-progression with unlocks on PS/PC?

:messenger_hushed:
GGj6HvOX0AAAHkg

TheMan

Goddamn servers. Can’t connect for the life of me after coming home from work. Last night also had another long ass session where I ended up with no credit and eventual disconnection. Great game but the frustration remains fuck me

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member

Arrowhead devs, who were already working overtime on weekends trying to keep the servers up and functional:

765.jpg

Such a stupid move from sony, yeah you get more people trying and probably buying the game but you fuck in the ass all plus payers\pc players.

Greedy fuckers.

Luipadre

Yeah i left. Servers are

3x.webp

it was at 330k at some point, but since its shit the bad so badly it wont go above that today. Also wtf is sony doing with the free multiplayer now smh

DrFigs

Sony is such a zany company. wonder what whacky thing they'll do to fuck the servers tomorrow? give away the game for free maybe?

GymWolf

Gold Member
Wait a fucking moment, the weekend trial make you play online without plus but you have to possess the game...who the fuck bought the game without plus in the first place? i doubt that anyone bought this thing as single player game...

That trial make little to no sense :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Is Jimbo still taking decisions from the old folks home or what?:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

tommib

Gold Member
Servers at capacity. I get that they weren’t ready for this and expecting 20K CCU but by know they need to step up.

Top Bottom