• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

Varteras

Went to do the defense against the Automatons...

giphy.gif

Sucks that there's a lot of issues going on with the game. The devs need to step it up or else the player base will abandon the game. No one can tolerate what's happening for too long.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Somehow I'm the only one who can't really get into the game. My friends have a lot of fun and I just run along and play because they play it.

Anyway, what is a good weapon against the robots? The grenade launcher is great against the bugs, is there something similar for the robots? I am lvl 10.

Last edited:

Varteras

Despite people complaining you can't deny they're on top of it.

They also stated on Discord that they're calling in more devs to solve the issues.

Did I hear/read correctly that they have plans to add new things to the game every Thursday at some point? Something to that effect?

Pakoe

Too bad the game has these issues. I personally didn't experience a lot of em but it's obvious that they are present.
Hope the devs can fix these because I'm having a lot of fun with the game and it would be a shame if the playerbase would drop.

cormack12

Gold Member
Well, it's fucked. Honestly, this has been a shitshow of a launch for me. I preordered and have probably played 4 hours. I don't mind a few gremlins for a couple of days but this is proper bollicks now.

ZJfVawI.jpg

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
*checks in on thread to see if things are going smoothly, reads it's possibly even worse than before, goes back to playing Tomb Raider*

I'd hope that Sony is doing everything in their power to assist Arrowhead right about now, they've got a seemingly unexpected, bonafide hit on their hands but people's patience is wearing thin. I have more than enough to play but for those who bought this and are completely locked-in it's justifiably frustrating no matter how great the game is (and it really is damn good).

Despite people complaining you can't deny they're on top of it.

They also stated on Discord that they're calling in more devs to solve the issues.
Theyre on top of it during the week.. wasnt it last weekend they basically said "its the weekend, our guys will get back at it on Monday".
relatively good on em thus far though.

Too bad the game has these issues. I personally didn't experience a lot of em but it's obvious that they are present.
Hope the devs can fix these because I'm having a lot of fun with the game and it would be a shame if the playerbase would drop.
The game has too good of a foundation for launch issues to cause long term problems, imo. Any major content drop, like a new enemy faction, would catapult the game to popularity again. But, yeah server issues suck. I think it's because of the engine they are using. Very few developers are familiar with it

Killjoy-NL

Theyre on top of it during the week.. wasnt it last weekend they basically said "its the weekend, our guys will get back at it on Monday".
relatively good on em thus far though.
Kinda, I guess. They said were extremely tired trying to fix all the issues because they were completely overwhelmed by the amount of players getting online and working non-stop to get servers working and whatnot.

I believe they stated they needed some rest on sunday morning or a but later in the day.

Last edited:

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
My new hate is for the fucker that makes the anti-cheat on PC OPEN A NEW FUCKING BROSWER WINDOW when it fails to connect....

Having said that, I love this game. I just hate that man.

just downloaded the game. When i try to join game with my friend it said: " Different game version". What does it mean?Me and him already updated the game? Both play Steam version.

Last edited:

draliko

Had bad gpu crashes in the past days, seems fixed now after a bit of thinkering, the game foundations are solid, but the thing that i don't like is mission recap screen downtime is too long... it needs to be 2secs max not more, it breaks the flow of the game :) Hope they've got a solid content plan as of now the game is fun but barebone, on the technical side i must say they're quick on patches at least and every minor one seems to improve something.

jbortz78

Damn started to feel an urge to jump in but as it seems now maybe I should wait and finish Yakuza 8..!

My friends aren’t liking the premise so my question is how fun is is the game with randoms?

ManaByte

Gold Member
Someone needs to tell Arrowhead that if you plan on launching a service game, that service needs to be 24/7 including weekends. You don't get the weekend off anymore or hire a weekend team.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Somehow I'm the only one who can't really get into the game. My friends have a lot of fun and I just run along and play because they play it.

Anyway, what is a good weapon against the robots? The grenade launcher is great against the bugs, is there something similar for the robots? I am lvl 10.

The sniper rifle (marksman rifle) is good against the bots.

Shield backpack is good too, though obviously not a weapon.

Hot5pur

Based on how it's going it will beat yesterday's numbers.
Been playing on the robot side and they play very differently.
I wonder if they will add airborne units, would make things even more hectic.

Luipadre

Based on how it's going it will beat yesterday's numbers.
Been playing on the robot side and they play very differently.
I wonder if they will add airborne units, would make things even more hectic.
I have the official wallpaper on my desktop and it has flying bugs on it so... Probably

Alebrije

Good Game for PS5 but the servers are trash , yesterday was the worse day...after 40.minutes played just 2 missions , the rest of time was failed matchmakes, log out when You are descending full servers, etc...

Just put it dow and returned to Rocket League.

Top Bottom