• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
No it does not. Stop with your bs fake concern. Nobody gives a fuck about pay to win in a pve game, stop trolling.

There are already single player games that offer early unlocks for money yet nobody complains about it because they aren’t forced to buy it.

How in the world is someone matching up with you and trivializing your gameplay through their pay-to-power purchase not unhealthy for any game?

. . .like, imagine we're just talking about cheaters who come in overlevled and blow through the content you wanted to co-op: you're not upset at this?

Luipadre

I love the weather effects in this. So far i've seen snow and rain, hopefully there are sandstorms too.

Hr2dtCN.gif

Hopefully they wont have server issues tomorrow

This is why I wont buy it day 1. Server issues for games like this seem to be like 50/50 at this point. It's just a matter of more people than they expected buying the game and the problems will start.

[Sigma]

This is why I wont buy it day 1. Server issues for games like this seem to be like 50/50 at this point. It's just a matter of more people than they expected buying the game and the problems will start.
Yeah and even if doesn't tomorrow, i've come to expect that it will either Friday or Saturday this weekend. I'd be a little surprised if it doesn't.

tmlDan

I asked the official discord about cross-progression from steam to PS and they said they are going to add it later. Kinda sad cause i wanted to try both and refund if i didn't like the steam version, but i guess i can wait.

Last edited:

TrebleShot

I asked the official discord about cross-progression from steam to PS and they said they are going to add it later. Kinda sad cause i wanted to try both and refund if i didn't like the steam version, but i guess i can wait.
Oh I didn’t know that, oh well both are loaded

Yeah and even if doesn't tomorrow, i've come to expect that it will either Friday or Saturday this weekend. I'd be a little surprised if it doesn't.

Yea I would be pretty surprised also. I didn't even think about the weekend but you're right that's when it can get really bad also. Luckily these days they tend to fix those issues pretty quickly. In my early days of MP game it was brutal. Never forget WOW servers and my friends telling me they have to wait like 30min -1hr just to login to the server and play. They all had to leave and switch to my server (we didn't know each other when the game came out).

Last edited:

demigod

How in the world is someone matching up with you and trivializing your gameplay through their pay-to-power purchase not unhealthy for any game?

. . .like, imagine we're just talking about cheaters who come in overlevled and blow through the content you wanted to co-op: you're not upset at this?
Go make a new thread if you’re so concerned about it.

Anyways, preordered 2 copies for Steam. I’m ready boyz.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Go make a new thread if you’re so concerned about it.

Anyways, preordered 2 copies for Steam. I’m ready boyz.
If I have learned anything about GAF, making a separate thread to complain about aspects of a game, is not something people do. It’s much easier to keep posting in the thread with most eyes and piss off the others in it who are excited for/enjoying the game lol.

Speaking from the SuicideSquad OT I made which was folks shitting on the game who had not played it and didn’t plan to. :)

demigod

If I have learned anything about GAF, making a separate thread to complain about aspects of a game, is not something people do. It’s much easier to keep posting in the thread with most eyes and piss off the others in it who are excited for/enjoying the game lol.

Speaking from the SuicideSquad OT I made which was folks shitting on the game who had not played it and didn’t plan to. :)

I’m waiting for reviews and impressions.

I’m between this and getting ready or not which is on sale for some fun co op fun this weekend.
So you decided to come into the OT and not even sure if you’re buying it to threadcrap?

Arsic

So you decided to come into the OT and not even sure if you’re buying it to threadcrap?
No I came in to read about the game. Found out about its monetization from reading, and commented on it.

I’m now, reading the thread from time to time, to see what more we learn about the game as release draws near.

For clarification on my buying — I rarely pre order. Like an intelligent consumer I wait for reviews, and impressions from early posters. The exception is when I know and don’t care because I’m sold on the product entirely.

Helldivers one was an easy play due to free. The sequel has this giant change in art direction , a $40 tag, and a bit sus sounding monetization model. I also saw a video on the game saying it may not have enough to do in its current state before becoming repetitive. Think it was IGN?

That’s enough for me to do a wait and see. If ready or not wasn’t on sale I’d likely just take a leap of faith with this one, but if it doesn’t impress I can go with ready or not instead. A few buddies are down to pick up either one depending on what we learn about hell divers 2. I’m gone for work Thursday and Friday l, and they can’t play until Saturday. Plenty of time for impressions to hit.

Anything else I can explain for you?

demigod

No I came in to read about the game. Found out about its monetization from reading, and commented on it.

I’m now, reading the thread from time to time, to see what more we learn about the game as release draws near.

For clarification on my buying — I rarely pre order. Like an intelligent consumer I wait for reviews, and impressions from early posters. The exception is when I know and don’t care because I’m sold on the product entirely.

Helldivers one was an easy play due to free. The sequel has this giant change in art direction , a $40 tag, and a bit sus sounding monetization model. I also saw a video on the game saying it may not have enough to do in its current state before becoming repetitive. Think it was IGN?

That’s enough for me to do a wait and see. If ready or not wasn’t on sale I’d likely just take a leap of faith with this one, but if it doesn’t impress I can go with ready or not instead. A few buddies are down to pick up either one depending on what we learn about hell divers 2. I’m gone for work Thursday and Friday l, and they can’t play until Saturday. Plenty of time for impressions to hit.

Anything else I can explain for you?
Get off your high horse. It’s fine if you don’t preorder, but don’t claim that you’re more intelligent than others for doing so. Good thing I can make my own decisions and not let reviews dictate what I want.

j0hnnix

Is this going to be somewhat close in design to destiny, story, hub location, launch to planet do quests for loot, raids or like Warhammer 40k Darktide style.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Wonder if Sony’s avengers on this forum are surprised that a Sony game released day 1 on PC is no.1

Arsic

Get off your high horse. It’s fine if you don’t preorder, but don’t claim that you’re more intelligent than others for doing so. Good thing I can make my own decisions and not let reviews dictate what I want.
You need to relax little bro.

relax-bro.gif

S0ULZB0URNE

Reviews?

Want to do PC(and game sound) but need PlayStation party chat for communication with the console bros.

Help a brotha out?

Top Bottom