• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

Pop

Wonder if Sony’s avengers on this forum are surprised that a Sony game released day 1 on PC is no.1
This studio is not owned by Sony. Just exclusive to PS5 console

Different story if this was a first party studio game

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'm installing right now.

Are the servers up?

Edit, OK looks like I'm playing after work!

Heads up that the CD keys codes have gone out.

Last edited:

Alphagear

This studio is not owned by Sony. Just exclusive to PS5 console

Different story if this was a first party studio game

It’s a Sony IP developed by a third party studio.

Only reason it is Day 1 on PC is because it is an online multiplayer game.

Nothing to do with who developed it.

Concord will be the same yet developed by a first party.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It’s a Sony IP developed by a third party studio.

Only reason it is Day 1 on PC is because it is an online multiplayer game.

Nothing to do with who developed it.

Concord will be the same yet developed by a first party.

Yup, games like this need to be on PC day one. But also, hopefully if itnperforms really well, it might actually send the message to Sony that they need to be on PC day one with all of their games, if they want true sales hits on PC.

Man; I am a single player guy; I hope this will review well enough to be a buy. Remnant and Code Vein are still my fav games... Kinda love that they both forced me into multiplayer more out of need than anything.(Souls, Nioh as well... but not Elden Ring really. )

Darkone

Man; I am a single player guy; I hope this will review well enough to be a buy. Remnant and Code Vein are still my fav games... Kinda love that they both forced me into multiplayer more out of need than anything.(Souls, Nioh as well... but not Elden Ring really. )
I am more of a SP as well.
But would love to play with gaffers 😁

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Feel free to add me on PSN, ID below

Jumping in shortly, added a few others who shared names on here. We should maybe make a community if this games takes off.

Pietanic

Zones

@33k in less than 30 mins on Steam alone...

Screenshot-2024-02-08-12-26-03.png

tommib

Gold Member
To everyone I added to PSN, I’m working during the day but will join after work. I can see you bitches all over PSN playing. Envious!

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Feel free to add me on PSN, ID below

Jumping in shortly, added a few others who shared names on here. We should maybe make a community if this games takes off.

Pietanic

To everyone I added to PSN, I’m working during the day but will join after work. I can see you bitches all over PSN playing. Envious!
Feel free to add me also, jumping in shortly once I get some work out of the way.

cormack12

Gold Member
It looks like you get an internal friend code, but once generates it disappears. Failed to join lobby now on 10 attempts

Ogbert

Gold Member
Just played through the tutorial and 10 mins or so of a mission.

Controls are snappy. Gunplay feels good. Solid framerate. Very big downgrade in graphics on PS5. Doesn't bother me as I prefer the framerate, but it's noticeable.

Still got the fucking annoying input codes.

Did the tutorial but I'm too sleepy to keep playing tonight. Gonna dive in tomorrow. Graphics look great but vsync wasn't working properly so I guess I'll have to force it through NVCP

StueyDuck

whoevers playing just give me good news about pc performance?

got it cause most the lads are going to be playing PC and was worried crossplay would be a hack, i just need to hear that it's smooth like butter.

tommib

Gold Member
Just played through the tutorial and 10 mins or so of a mission.

Controls are snappy. Gunplay feels good. Solid framerate. Very big downgrade in graphics on PS5. Doesn't bother me as I prefer the framerate, but it's noticeable.

Still got the fucking annoying input codes.
I might go with quality then. I want those explosions to look as good as possible.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
A bit occupied with Tekken 8 right now, but I'll give this game a go soon.

45k peak on Steam at the moment. I Hope it performs well.

Luipadre

HDR support? Also hows the game looks and runs in performance mode? If its bad and the pc version is good, im going pc

tommib

Gold Member
HDR support? Also hows the game looks and runs in performance mode? If its bad and the pc version is good, im going pc
From what I’m reading performance mode is solid but graphics are paired back significantly.

Last edited:

Ogbert

Gold Member
So far, performance mode is holding the frame rate but it is absolutey dialled back, in terms of visuals. Assets, textures etc are simple and there’s a lot of variable resolution going on.

That said, haven’t seen the weather effects in action yet.

T-0800

Alright this is fun. Graphics aren't anything special but some environments look very nice indeed. Just played one set at night and looked great. Haptics feel great. Look forward to getting stuck in to this.

cormack12

Gold Member
YYaH6R8.jpg

Yeah, graphics are really dialled back. Matchmaking seems completely bust at the moment. It sort of reminds me a bit of FFVII Remake, where it looks decent but then falls apart under scrutiny with really soft textures etc. Still good enough to play for me. Not as good as say BFII though.

With or without crossplay. There is no pre-game matchmaking (that I can see). You load in alone or use quick play and hope someone has a beacon down which is a bit lame.

So at the moment, I'm gonna park it until later. If MM doesn't work properly or you're relying on beacons then I can't see this having legs for me unless the population is insane. I thought they did say there was MM and beacons though. Really boring alone, you'll probably get some masochists trying to play alone but it's clearly made to be mp with the pace and tempo of actions.

Can see it will be fun, but will live and die on the community I think

StueyDuck

Those on PC look carefully at settings, it seems it's doing FSR as standard (and isn't labeled to clearly), bumped it to native and got a much cleaner image,
could only do the tutorial cause well yeah, im technically on "lunch break"

but god damn that is a 10/10 dive. I'm gonna be flopping about everywhere and loving it.

Last edited:

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
Those on PC look carefully at settings, it seems it's doing FSR as standard (and isn't labeled to clearly), bumped it to native and got a much cleaner image,
could only do the tutorial cause well yeah, im technically on "lunch break"

but god damn that is a 10/10 dive. I'm gonna be flopping about everywhere and loving it.
How FSR is called?

StueyDuck

How FSR is called?
ah can't remember the exact wording now but it's like image quality or something like that and it seem to be set to ultra quality as standard then you get all the SS options like performance up to ultra quality, then it goes native and then you can do AA.

also im assuming it's FSR, maybe it's some internal solution.

Last edited:

hlm666

Game is out and no reviews yet....

What gives?
500+ steam reviews for you to peruse.

Last edited:
Top Bottom