• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

70 hours...I can`t remember the last time I racked up game hours THIS fast on anything.
But now even Helldive difficulty feels rather trivial with max 1-2 deaths per round unless I get seriously stupid squadmates and I have unlocked and upgraded everything there is.
Now I´m hoping for higher difficulty tiers or maybe more elite enemy types for future updates as this has run its course for me now with the content that`s available.
I paid only 25€ for this game, best bang for buck in a loooong time.

yurinka

But does the game even tell you all that? If it is, I haven't seen it during tutorial and I've read all the shit.
Yes, you see it in the results screen and it's mentioned in the tips that appear when you are being dropped to a mission.

All the team members get the same rewards, there isn't even an MVP reward or something. Everything is shared.

So if the game is too difficult for you, in missions you can stay away from the action in a safe distance, exploring for samples or super credits, supporting the team mates dropping useful stuff like ammo, equip more defensive stuff when unlocked, etc. Before starting a mission you can explore a map to join missions already in the works, where it shows the time elapsed in the mission. So you can join some mission where people already got a part of the job and you just help there for the final part and get the rewards anyways.

I do remember extracting with people who gathered a few types of resources (3 of them) and I haven't gotten any after finishing a mission, only EXP, money to buy shit and medals.

Ideally, you need to have better gear, tools and upgrades for higher difficulties. I don't like to feel like a complete pos while playing around people 13-20 levels above me. I mean, I can help and all, but not on the same level bc of limited tools, less powerful upgrades, weapon's and stuff. That's why I decided to grind resources on lower difficulty levels cuz I've noticed that the higher the difficulty is, the less people are exploring for resources and gathering a bunch, but it can totally be that I'm just not playing with the right people.
The main change in higher difficulty levels is that the enemy waves are bigger and feature new, stronger enemies. And there aer more sample plus certain new types of samples.

This makes more useful certain high level unlocks and upgrades, both offensive and defensive. But you can still complete them being low level if you're somewhat smart and have a minimum skill.

In my case, I started in PS5 and leveled up until level 20. My console started to crash and I moved to PC. After playing several missions in low difficulty levels I unlocked a few higher difficulties to get higher rewards.

Regarding the rewards, everybody who participates in a mission gets the same. But due to a bug related to server saturation issues, sometimes players didn't receive some rewards or received them with a delay.

Thedtrain

Anyone run into an issue with the game crashing at extract? Happened twice in a row. Pretty deflating after 2 long missions to get nothing

bitbydeath

A golden rule many newbies don't seem to understand is just RUN. If enemies are swarming your position, RUN. Reinforcing right in the middle of the chaos won't help you.
Would be great to have a tips thread, I’m sure there’s a lot to understand with this game that I’m yet to discover.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Got a strange bug tonight, my friend called a machinegun and this happened:

553850_20240306011631_1.png

That was funny with all the pods coming one after the other, weird but funny.

cebri.one

# 🛠️ PATCH 01.000.100 ⚙️

**📍 Major Updates**
Planetary Hazards active
* Many planets now have additional environmental challenges that will appear at random while you are deployed, from fire tornadoes to meteor showers and many more.

**⚖️ Balancing**
Eradicate Missions
* Eradicate missions now require more kills and enemies spawn more often. The time to complete the mission was previously shorter than intended and should now usually take twice as long to complete.

Primary, Secondary, & Support Weapons
Balancing adjustments made to the following:
* SG-225 Breaker
* SG-8 Punisher
* SG-225SP Breaker Spray & Pray
* RS-422 Railgun
* FLAM-40 Flamethrower
* LAS-98 Laser Cannon

Stratagems
Balancing adjustments have been made to
* Shield Generator Pack
* Orbital 120MM HE Barrage
* Orbital 380MM HE Barrage

**🔧 Fixes**
* Fixed armor rating values not reducing damage as intended.
* Fixed certain Bug Holes (including Stalker Nests) that were unnecessarily hard to destroy.
* Fixed anti-aliasing toggle not working on PS5.
* Balanced lighting across all planets to solve cases where the game was too dark.
* Improved flashlight efficacy.
* Increased visibility during “sand rain” weather on Erata Prime.
* Updated tutorial materials and lighting.
* Improved cases where some materials could look blurry if "Lighting" graphic setting was set to "Low".
* Fixed timing issues that could occur in the “Extract E-710” primary objective.
* Changed button interaction behavior for buttons in bunker POIs. Helldivers will now let go of the button after holding it for a few seconds.
* Fixed some cases of large assets floating if the ground beneath them was blown up.
* Helldivers standing next to ICBMs during launch will get properly toasty with a chance of not-so-spontaneous combustion.
* Fixed unthrowable snowballs after ragdolling.
* Fixed being able to use grenades after drowning.
* Camera no longer locked on the player's own corpse and blocking spectator mode.
* Helldivers now take damage from fire, gas etc. generated by other players.
* Armor no longer stretches when dismembered.

**🧠 Known Issues**
These are issues that were either introduced by this patch and are being worked on, or are from a previous version and have not yet been fixed.
* Picking up items from caches may cause characters to freeze in place for an extended period of time.
* Picking up items from bunkers and caches in quick succession may render one of the items unpickable.
* Players cannot unfriend other players befriended via friend code.
* Players may be unable to select loadout or return to ship when joining a multiplayer game session via PS5 Activity Card.
* Occasionally mission reward multiplier may not be applied.
* Mission objective HUD displays different numbers for client and host during some missions.
* Default armor is always shown while viewing the warbond, regardless of the armor that player has equipped.
* Text chat box display is obstructed by the cinematic letterboxing during extraction.
* Some text in the HUD/UI is missing or not displaying correctly.
* Players may experience issues when many players attempt to login and/or play at the same time:
🔹 Login rate limiting
🔹 Players may become disconnected during play
🔹 Various UI issues may appear when the game interacts with servers
🔹 Some games may not be joinable by others for a short period of time

cebri.one

• Breaker: Decreased magazine capacity from 16 to 13, increased recoil from 30 to 55
  • Railgun: Decreased armor penetration, decreased damage against durable enemy parts
  • Flamethrower: Increased damage per second by 50%
  • Laser Cannon: Increased damage against durable enemy parts, increased armor penetration, improved ergonomics
  • Punisher: Increased total ammo capacity from 40 to 60, increased stagger force, increased damage from 40 per bullet to 45 per bullet
  • Breaker Spray & Pray: Increased armor penetration, increased fire rate from 300 to 330, increased number of pellets from 12 to 16 per shot, decreased magazine size from to 32 to 26
  • Energy Shield Backpack: Increased delay before recharging
  • 380mm and 120mm Orbital Barrages: Increased duration of the bombardment, decreased spread

• Breaker: Decreased magazine capacity from 16 to 13, increased recoil from 30 to 55
  • Railgun: Decreased armor penetration, decreased damage against durable enemy parts
  • Flamethrower: Increased damage per second by 50%
  • Laser Cannon: Increased damage against durable enemy parts, increased armor penetration, improved ergonomics
  • Punisher: Increased total ammo capacity from 40 to 60, increased stagger force, increased damage from 40 per bullet to 45 per bullet
  • Breaker Spray & Pray: Increased armor penetration, increased fire rate from 300 to 330, increased number of pellets from 12 to 16 per shot, decreased magazine size from to 32 to 26
  • Energy Shield Backpack: Increased delay before recharging
  • 380mm and 120mm Orbital Barrages: Increased duration of the bombardment, decreased spread
To add
Planetary Hazards active

Many planets now have additional environmental challenges that will appear at random while you are deployed, from fire tornadoes to meteor showers and many more.

Balancing

Eradicate Missions

Eradicate missions now require more kills and enemies spawn more often. The time to complete the mission was previously shorter than intended and should now usually take twice as long to complete.

Armor now has correct damage according to light, medium, and heavy.

I'm really happy Arrowhead is properly balancing weapons. I was getting a bit tired of using the railgun. Really looking forward to seeing if Flamethrower is viable weapon now

Surprised they didn't wait til next week when the mechs and new war bond drop. Unexpected and awesome update

GymWolf

Gold Member
Some good changes but i'm not sure about nerfing weapons as opposed to just buff all of them and just adding new difficulty modes...

Time to try again the flamethrower and the laser cannon i guess and give a second change to the large barrages...

GymWolf

Gold Member
To add
Planetary Hazards active

Many planets now have additional environmental challenges that will appear at random while you are deployed, from fire tornadoes to meteor showers and many more.

Balancing

Eradicate Missions

Eradicate missions now require more kills and enemies spawn more often. The time to complete the mission was previously shorter than intended and should now usually take twice as long to complete.

Armor now has correct damage according to light, medium, and heavy.

I'm really happy Arrowhead is properly balancing weapons. I was getting a bit tired of using the railgun. Really looking forward to seeing if Flamethrower is viable weapon now

Surprised they didn't wait til next week when the mechs and new war bond drop. Unexpected and awesome update
You should try the arc thrower instead.

Luipadre

Lots of people crying about the meta nerf. Oh no, they have to try out new weapons and not using the same meta loadout every match :(

Every changes sounds great, excited to see the planet hazards

GymWolf

Gold Member
Lots of people crying about the meta nerf. Oh no, they have to try out new weapons and not using the same meta loadout every match :(

Every changes sounds great, excited to see the planet hazards
The thing is, you don't defeat a boring meta by nerfing the meta, but by making everything viable to be meta, especially in a pve game where perfect balancing is slightly less important over having just fun.

Do they made every other trash weapons on the level of breaker and railgun or they just nerfed those?

Luipadre

The thing is, you don't defeat a boring meta by nerfing the meta, but by making everything viable to be meta, especially in a pve game where perfect balancing is slightly less important over having just fun.

Do they made every other trash weapons on the level of breaker and railgun or they just nerfed those?

well they buffed some weapons and stratagem too

Some good changes but i'm not sure about nerfing weapons as opposed to just buff all of them and just adding new difficulty modes...

Time to try again the flamethrower and the laser cannon i guess and give a second change to the large barrages...
It's a balance they are surely figuring out on the fly. If they didn't nerf items and just buffed everything, they would be forced to just keep adding enemies to make it more difficult. I don't think that would enhance the experience, especially from a strategy standpoint. With the railgun, you could just wipe out powerful bots/bugs in only 1-2 hits from across the map. There wasn't much strategy to it

My prediction is everybody is going to bitch about the game being too hard this week. And then Arrowhead is going to drop mechs next week, which will be a massive buff to players

Also, players shouldn't on average be able to beat Helldive with randoms, using no coms. That was the current state of the game

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
# 🛠️ PATCH 01.000.100 ⚙️

**📍 Major Updates**
Planetary Hazards active
* Many planets now have additional environmental challenges that will appear at random while you are deployed, from fire tornadoes to meteor showers and many more.

**⚖️ Balancing**
Eradicate Missions
* Eradicate missions now require more kills and enemies spawn more often. The time to complete the mission was previously shorter than intended and should now usually take twice as long to complete.

* SG-225 Breaker
* SG-8 Punisher
* RS-422 Railgun
* FLAM-40 Flamethrower
* LAS-98 Laser Cannon

Stratagems
* Shield Generator Pack

**🔧 Fixes**
* Fixed certain Bug Holes (including Stalker Nests) that were unnecessarily hard to destroy.
* Balanced lighting across all planets to solve cases where the game was too dark.
* Improved cases where some materials could look blurry if "Lighting" graphic setting was set to "Low".
* Fixed timing issues that could occur in the “Extract E-710” primary objective.
* Changed button interaction behavior for buttons in bunker POIs. Helldivers will now let go of the button after holding it for a few seconds.
* Fixed some cases of large assets floating if the ground beneath them was blown up.
* Helldivers standing next to ICBMs during launch will get properly toasty with a chance of not-so-spontaneous combustion.
* Camera no longer locked on the player's own corpse and blocking spectator mode.

**🧠 Known Issues**
These are issues that were either introduced by this patch and are being worked on, or are from a previous version and have not yet been fixed.
* Picking up items from caches may cause characters to freeze in place for an extended period of time.
* Picking up items from bunkers and caches in quick succession may render one of the items unpickable.
* Players may be unable to select loadout or return to ship when joining a multiplayer game session via PS5 Activity Card.
* Mission objective HUD displays different numbers for client and host during some missions.
* Default armor is always shown while viewing the warbond, regardless of the armor that player has equipped.
* Text chat box display is obstructed by the cinematic letterboxing during extraction.
* Players may experience issues when many players attempt to login and/or play at the same time:
🔹 Login rate limiting
Great, they should adapt the other weapons to Breaker and not break breaker. So that the other weapons make sense.

cebri.one

Some comments from the devs about the rail gun (can do armor pen in unsafe mode)

"The Railgun was overperfoming in it's ease of use and convenience. We therefore made it so that the safe mode of the Railgun is not able to penetrate heavier armor, but the unsafe overcharged mode is still able to penetrate the heavier armor. In addition the damage that the Railgun does to massive body parts is reduced, meaning you need to land headshots and other specific weakpoint shot for it to have maximum efficiency."

TrebleShot

The reddit is a clusterfuck of gatekeepers.

Seems like everyone is an expert who wants to share their latest 300 hour grind tips to their attentive (non existent) audience.

Just play the fucking game and have fun, no need to be so fucking obsessive and weird about it.

IF DOING X MAKE SURE TO DO Y
PSA - USELESS TIP NO ONE CARES ABOUT

Then these really fucking cringe posts like:

"When Noobs join as lvl 3 and your lvl 30" and some unbelievably cringe meme or picture.

Not sure why people cant just play the game and chill.
Mechs coming v cool

The community kind of puts me off the game tbh its all a bit weird and obsessive.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Shiiiit that's a bad patch note. No weapons needed a nerf, the other needed a buff. With how many Charger and Titan the game throws at you at level 8-9 we NEED something to take them out quickly. Railgun was perfect, and need you to stand still for a moment so you are an easy prey. Next nerf is gonna be the Arc now...

image.png

Not sure why people cant just play the game and chill.
Sorry but if you want to play chill, don't go beyond level 7 difficulty while you're still at level 10 for example. Because it's annoying to have people who don't understand anything and who stay put even when the objective is finished, eating away your reinforcements little by little. Or even worse, someone who's been carried by other to this difficulty and don't know how to do basic objectives. No saying it's your case, I'm just explaining why it's annoying when you try to collect the last few samples you need and a stupid level 13 who don't know how to play kills you or whatever.

Play chill? Play 5-6.

Last edited:
# 🛠️ PATCH 01.000.100 ⚙️

**📍 Major Updates**
Planetary Hazards active

**⚖️ Balancing**
Eradicate Missions

* SG-225 Breaker
* SG-8 Punisher
* RS-422 Railgun
* FLAM-40 Flamethrower
* LAS-98 Laser Cannon

Stratagems
* Shield Generator Pack

**🔧 Fixes**

**🧠 Known Issues**
🔹 Login rate limiting
Yes! Flamethrower and Punisher. My favourite combo getting some love.

TrebleShot

Shiiiit that's a bad patch note. No weapons needed a nerf, the other needed a buff. With how many Charger and Titan the game throws at you at level 8-9 we NEED something to take them out quickly. Railgun was perfect, and need you to stand still for a moment so you are an easy prey. Next nerf is gonna be the Arc now...

image.png

Sorry but if you want to play chill, don't go beyond level 7 difficulty while you're still at level 10 for example. Because it's annoying to have people who don't understand anything and who stay put even when the objective is finished, eating away your reinforcements little by little. Or even worse, someone who's been carried by other to this difficulty and don't know how to do basic objectives. No saying it's your case, I'm just explaining why it's annoying when you try to collect the last few samples you need and a stupid level 13 who don't know how to play kills you or whatever.

Play chill? Play 5-6.
Nah bro, just play whatever level you like, if people get annoyed that is their issue not yours.

Its a game where your supposed to help others out, its not about getting to a certain skill level then gatekeeping it.

Let others in, if your bothered by it, restrict yourself to playing with friends.

Dont expect others to play by your own asinine rules, youll only get frustrated.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Nah bro, just play whatever level you like, if people get annoyed that is their issue not yours.

Its a game where your supposed to help others out, its not about getting to a certain skill level then gatekeeping it.

Let others in, if your bothered by it, restrict yourself to playing with friends.

Dont expect others to play by your own asinine rules, youll only get frustrated.
It's so much fun when someone boosts another lvl 5 in every second lobby on lvl 9 difficulty. They don't belong there and I go out immediately.

Mobilemofo

Holy fuck, I must have revived my team at least 5 times last night...the Lazer beam thing is literally useless against anything but those lil bugs and those jumpy flying things. Also, the flamethrower is absolute turd..mine might have needed a new starter motor or something but sweet lord, it's shit.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

They don't have the level. Once you reach a certain point you want to progress and like it or not it's annoying to get your game ruined by people who don't know what they are doing.
If you are a low level and don't know how to complete the objectives, or running straight to my orbital strike even if I'm screaming "RUUUNNNNN" on my mic for 10s then it's on you and you get kicked.

The worse part is that I'm someone who likes to explain stuff but they just don't listen, like: DON'T ENGAGE FOR TOO LONG, JUST RUN THE FUCK AWAY.

Hey a balance patch where they made the most powerful stuff less powerful and the most useless stuff more useful.

It's almost like it's more IN BALANCE.

Holy fuck..
Did you play level 9? When you will fight 6 Charger and 3 Titan, good luck killing them with these newly upgraded weapons (spoiler: you wont). They need to BUFF them, and not by a small amount.

the Lazer beam thing is literally useless
Orbital Laser is probably the strongest stratagem.

TrebleShot

It's so much fun when someone boosts another lvl 5 in every second lobby on lvl 9 difficulty. They don't belong there and I go out immediately.
People are playing with their friends and having fun at more chaotic difficulty levels.

There’s no leaderboards, competitive play etc, just suck it up as part of the game.

What makes this game special is the fact that it’s just fun and chaotic you’re not always going to get all the shiny things and complete missions.

Just jump in blow shit up.

If you want something ultra balanced for skill levels you can play COD, Halo, Apex etc

Like I said if you want to restrict to players of your godly skill levels then play with friends.

TrebleShot

They don't have the level. Once you reach a certain point you want to progress and like it or not it's annoying to get your game ruined by people who don't know what they are doing.
If you are a low level and don't know how to complete the objectives, or running straight to my orbital strike even if I'm screaming "RUUUNNNNN" on my mic for 10s then it's on you and you get kicked.

The worse part is that I'm someone who likes to explain stuff but they just don't listen, like: DON'T ENGAGE FOR TOO LONG, JUST RUN THE FUCK AWAY.

Did you play level 9? When you will fight 6 Charger and 3 Titan, good luck killing them with these newly upgraded weapons (spoiler: you wont). They need to BUFF them, and not by a small amount.

Orbital Laser is probably the strongest stratagem.
a lot of people turn off mics, and chat, I know I do because when your running about having fun and blowing shit up you don’t want someone whining and shouting as if it’s WW3 And your on the front lines.

There is no hierarchy in the game so no one has any objective rule over who or what they want to do on a map.

Mobilemofo

Few tips I picked up from myself:
Don't reload your clip until it's empty. 2. Investigating "?" Usually results in a few bugs coming your way. 3. You can run away and do the stratagem commands at the same time. It's useful learn it. 4. If your getting battered, don't stay and fight, run away. A well timed dive can get you out of deep shit. 5. If your going off somewhere on your own, at least make sure your loaded up with ammo. Chances are, you will get fucked up by a surge of bugs, so prepare to graft.

Thats it for now. 😅

Interfectum

image.png

Play chill? Play 5-6.
GH-Ya70bwAAXbvK

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
People are playing with their friends and having fun at more chaotic difficulty levels.
There is a beautiful option called PRIVATE MATCHMAKING so you can play with only your friends.

What makes this game special is the fact that it’s just fun and chaotic you’re not always going to get all the shiny things and complete missions.
Again I'm not asking for super players doing everything by themselves. I'm not a very good player too but there is a difference between someone coming and genuinely learning and someone (like you apparently) who's just here to play on his own little world. You are talking about cooperation but where is the cooperation when your low level teammates ruin the game for the 3 other players because he just don't know how to play.

a lot of people turn off mics, and chat, I know I do because when your running about having fun and blowing shit up you don’t want someone whining and shouting as if it’s WW3 And your on the front lines.
So your definition of fun is just ruining other peoples games and not talking to your teammates in a COOP game? Have fun in your own terms: launch a private game with your friends!

There is no hierarchy in the game so no one has any objective rule over who or what they want to do on a map.
I'm not talking about which order we should tackle them, just to complete them. People standing right beside the terminal doing nothing while you have a full horde on you is not fun.

a lot of people turn off mics, and chat
In a coop game.....

Tired Pbs Nature GIF by Nature on PBS

I know I do because when your running about having fun and blowing shit up
Again, play at a lower level.

Yeah I know the meme haha very funny, now tell me how to kill 6 Charger and 3 Titan in level 9. Also I'm not running the shield.

Last edited:

Alebrije

Yesterday was playing and called a rail gun but instead a 500.kg bomb landed..So tried the 500 bomb stratageme but instead the láser beam "landed". It's like all was changed, You ask for A but get B

It's this a glitch? Or the owner of the cession controls that? It's very frustrating

DosGamer

Just picked this up last night and I plan on giving it a go this evening. How does it work on the Playstation Portal? Anybody tried it out to see if its playable?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Yesterday was playing and called a rail gun but instead a 500.kg bomb landed..So tried the 500 bomb stratageme but instead the láser beam "landed". It's like all was changed, You ask for A but get B

It's this a glitch? Or the owner of the cession controls that? It's very frustrating
It's a planetary modifier called electronic countermeasure or something, I'm not English so I don't know the name. Randomize your stratagem but you can see which one is "activated" before launching it once you finished the input. If iot's not the one you want just switch to your weapon and try again. Damn annoying.

Spyxos

Gold Member

There’s no leaderboards, competitive play etc, just suck it up as part of the game.

Just jump in blow shit up.

If you want something ultra balanced for skill levels you can play COD, Halo, Apex etc

Like I said if you want to restrict to players of your godly skill levels then play with friends.
You can't play only with your friends, even if you choose it, people will still join.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
You can't play only with your friends, even if you choose it, people will still join.
With private match? Never had any issue (on PC at least). It's working just fine never had anyone else joining when this was enabled. I did not find anything like this reported on Google too.

Top Bottom