• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

you need to host a server via vitashell, not molecularshell

I used vitashell also and nothing changed, the only difference was all directories were enabled, but no transfer or create new directory allowed

also i noticed my vitashell is 1.41 and not 1.42, now i try to update it

now it's working, don't know what changed :D

ty_hot

Im probably the only person with 3.63 in the world. I bought my vita a few days before henkaku was made public, it was on 3.something, before 3.60, and the guy had to update it so that he could unlink his PSN id from the console. While it was doing that I started to wonder that I was probably losing the possibility of some homebrew at some point lol anyway, I would update because I wanted to play some games from PS+ so I am not really sad about it, but it sure loses some resale value.

EGM92

For those of you having issues, you cannot transfer the vitashell.vpk into the ux0 root anymore, transfer it into a folder or a create a folder within ux0 within molecular shell. Once you've installed the vita shell you'll be able to see more directories within ux0.

Lime

So I'm getting errors when trying to use FTP - I can't transfer the Adrenaline folder via FileZilla even though I'm logged into the FTP server and can access the folder. What to do?

EDIT: Nevermind.

what path did you place the iso in?

I had Vita 3.18 and I made a backup when I bought PSTV, then I restored that backup on PSTV, so the path is the same when I used TN-V

ux0:/pspemu/ISO

while in

ux0:/pspemu/PSP/GAME/

there is the game I use for exploit (Gladiator Begins, the same for 3.18)

Lime

So to copy PSP ISOs I just create a ISO folder in ux0:/pspemu/ and then throw my ripped ISO PSP games in that folder and then launch Adrenaline?

So to copy PSP ISOs I just create a ISO folder in ux0:/pspemu/ and then throw my ripped ISO PSP games in that folder and then launch Adrenaline?
Yes, it looks like pspemu looks for files in the same places as a normal psp, except with "pspemu" functioning as the root of the PSP memory card.

So on a psp you place PSP games in 'ms0:/ISO/', and for adrenaline you place them in 'ux0:/pspemu/ISO/'

I'm not sure if plugins are working, I'm getting mixed reports. I've tried disabling them but that didn't seem to do much. not sure.

Lime

HOLY FUCK SWEET JESUS MUHAMMED MARY MOTHER JOSEPH

img_65350os5s.jpg

img_6548gosof.jpg

Freya knows what's up

SaiyanRaoh

Could I please get someone to post the text in their config.txt? I'm not sure whether I have the game named incorrectly, wrong directory or what.

Alright, I'm giving up for today. Cannot figure out why using a mini causes everything to crash on load, and why using a different game causes any unofficial game in /ISO/ to crash. I'll wait and see if anyone finds a solution, since I've tried more or less every configuration option I could think of.
hmm how do you make ff tactics work with better speed?

There's a slowdown removal patch. Can be found pretty easily around the net. think romhacking.net has it.
Could I please get someone to post the text in their config.txt? I'm not sure whether I have the game named incorrectly, wrong directory or what.
Find the folder within pspemu/PSP/GAME that contains the game you intend to use to start adrenaline. Copy the name of that folder in to the format found in the instructions where you see "TITLEID".

Lime

This is the code you use into config.txt:

Code:
        # You must reboot for changes to take place.
        *KERNEL
        ux0:pspemu/adrenaline/adrenaline.skprx
        *main
        # main is a special titleid for SceShell
        ux0:app/MLCL00001/henkaku.suprx
        *NPXS10015
        # this is for modifying the version string
        *TITLEID
        vs0:sys/external/libpgf.suprx
        ux0:pspemu/adrenaline/adrenaline.suprx

Where TITLEID is the name of the PSP game you are using for Adrenaline. You can find the title id under 'ux0:/pspemu/PSP/GAME/' and select the one you want to use (google the ID if you don't know what it is)

Remember that config.txt has to be in the tai folder

Sulla1980

I am having this curious problem where there is no pspemu folder in my ux0 directory.

Nor can I make the folder, since I can neither make nor rename folders in Vitashell or Molecular Shell

Caim

# You must reboot for changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ux0:pspemu/adrenaline/adrenaline.skprx
*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string
*ULUS10512
vs0:sys/external/libpgf.suprx
ux0:pspemu/adrenaline/adrenaline.suprx

Just replace the ULUS10512 (Persona 3 Portable) with the id of the game you want to launch Adrenaline.

I am having this curious problem where there is no pspemu folder in my ux0 directory.

Nor can I make the folder, since I can neither make nor rename folders in Vitashell or Molecular Shell
Follow the instructions I put in the pastebin further up. You're not using vitashell 1.42.

Lime

Hmm, the screenshot function seems counter-intuitive - whenever I press Home Button + Start, the game goes into the "Are you sure you want to exit - Yes/No?" screen which isn't what I want to do when screenshotting a game.

Any way to disable that in any way?

Hmm. It says VitaShell 1.42 in the top corner.

I will try reinstalling the vpk

There are two 'forks' of VitaShell right now. One is the one bundled with MolecularShell and TaiHen, which is highly restricted and mostly just for installing programs. It still retains the VitaShell interface, though, which is why you see it as "VitaShell 1.42".

Install the VPK and I think you'll see the difference.

Also worth mentioning, you should properly disconnect/close your FTP client before connecting back, as sometimes it will glitch out and only show you the files you could access on the less open version of vitashell.

jackal27

Banned
WOAH WOAH we got PSP ISOs running now!? Could I replace my copy of FFTactics: War of Lions with a patched one that removes the slow down? Could I still use my old save file?

Trace

Banned
WOAH WOAH we got PSP ISOs running now!? Could I replace my copy of FFTactics: War of Lions with a patched on that removes the slow down? Could I still use my old save file?

Yes and probably yes. All the other PSP games I own just show up in the PSP menu, don't even need to change anything.

jackal27

Banned
Yes and probably yes. All the other PSP games I own just show up in the PSP menu, don't even need to change anything.

OH MAH LORT

This is what I've been waiting for. Really tempted to give some fan translations a shot as well.

Looks like it's time for a bigger memory card...

Sulla1980

There are two 'forks' of VitaShell right now. One is the one bundled with MolecularShell and TaiHen, which is highly restricted and mostly just for installing programs. It still retains the VitaShell interface, though, which is why you see it as "VitaShell 1.42".

Install the VPK and I think you'll see the difference.

Also worth mentioning, you should properly disconnect/close your FTP client before connecting back, as sometimes it will glitch out and only show you the files you could access on the less open version of vitashell.

That certainly makes sense, and thanks for your help.

However, I just can't get it to work, even with the vpk from the guide you formatted. I'm not even sure why I don't have a pspemu folder showing in the first place.

I will have to do some searching.

SaiyanRaoh

Thanks for the help guys. I successfully got Outrun to boot and play. (Woohoo!!) But I can't get it to save. Says I have insufficient space. So I read the readme and saw:

"Ability to use ur0 as Memory Stick File System" as a future feature.

Is there an alternate way to save then? Did I miss or forget to do something?

Trace

Banned
Thanks for the help guys. I successfully got Outrun to boot and play. (Woohoo!!) But I can't get it to save. Says I have insufficient space. So I read the readme and saw:

"Ability to use ur0 as Memory Stick File System" as a future feature.

Is there an alternate way to save then? Did I miss or forget to do something?

ur0 is the inbuilt memory of the Vita hardware itself. You should be able to save on ux0 (the memory card) just fine, assuming you have enough space.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I guess I gotta find one of those PSTVs around. Should have grabbed one when they were firesaling them earlier in the year. :(

whitehawk

Banned
What am I doing wrong? I did everything, launched the PSP game to launch it, and it just launches the loco roco demo like normal.

edit: nvm working now i think

Top Bottom