• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

Dwayne

Has there been any discussion around PlayStation Mobile titles? I've got plenty but my license has expired, and they're not compatible with PSTV, even after running AntiBlacklist v2.

Hey guys, If I make a new account, will my vita save games still work?
I was using my normal account, but changed the password so I doesn't auto connect to psn, and now I want to download some demos for the ps1 thing, but I'm afraid to lose my savegames.

Bowl0l

Hey guys, If I make a new account, will my vita save games still work?
I was using my normal account, but changed the password so I doesn't auto connect to psn, and now I want to download some demos for the ps1 thing, but I'm afraid to lose my savegames.
Game saves, DLCs and digital games are tied to account.

iosefe

Not really, it is in the final stage of dev and theflow said that we should already have psp/ps1 games in our vitas in order to make the pspemu work, so I1d say a few days/weeks
It was urged because we don't know when Sony will block access to PSN, so best do it now than later

Not really, it is in the final stage of dev and theflow said that we should already have psp/ps1 games in our vitas in order to make the pspemu work, so I1d say a few days/weeks
Oh, do we need PSP AND PS1 games on the Vita or will one of either do? I downloaded the LocoRoco PSP demo but don't have any PS1 titles on it.

you can already play those with PSX-rearmed via retroarch afaik
Oh, I had no idea - thanks. May check it out sometime. I've only used the SNES emulator, and that's a build from back in August!

I have Crash 1-3 and CTR on my PAL PSP Go, but I'm sure I'd feel more comfortable playing with an analogue stick. As this rate, I think I may wait for the remastered trilogy.

checked yesterday to be sure and both Gladiator Begins and Tekken 2 are on my PSTV 3.60

good cause I can't access to psn anymore

waiting for Outrun 2006 on big screen @444Mhz :)

when I try to download the 3.60 firmware, it says that chrome blocked it because it's malicious.

is there a safe way to get the firmware?

Oh, I had no idea - thanks. May check it out sometime. I've only used the SNES emulator, and that's a build from back in August!

I have Crash 1-3 and CTR on my PAL PSP Go, but I'm sure I'd feel more comfortable playing with an analogue stick. As this rate, I think I may wait for the remastered trilogy.
You can connect a dualshock controller to the pspgo and connect the go to your television.

mollipen

Sorry if this is a much-covered question, but I've got a spare PSTV that I haven't opened yet, so I'm not sure which firmware it has. Is there a way for me to choose to update it to 3.60, or would my only choice be to go to the latest firmware?

Codiox

Hey guys, got a question. I'm currently on 3.18 with the gladiator psp exploit. Now I want to play binding of Isaac for vita but it isn't compatible with this version. How can I make it work and how can I use the latest vita exploit?

So am I misinterpreting things or does this mean we also don't need to run HENKaku each time on a cold-boot? :eek:

that feature isn't part of Henkaku, adrenaline is seperate, but is gaining extra functionality thanks to the tools that taihen offer.

Unrelated, anyone know for sure if the fastforward option on MGBA works? Downloaded the most recent nightly and mapped it to square, but it does nothing.

Fasty

that feature isn't part of Henkaku, adrenaline is seperate, but is gaining extra functionality thanks to the tools that taihen offer.

Unrelated, anyone know for sure if the fastforward option on MGBA works? Downloaded the most recent nightly and mapped it to square, but it does nothing.

Fast forward must be broken for all cores currently. I tried it on a build last week in Snes9x and it didn't work on that either.

Fast forward must be broken for all cores currently. I tried it on a build last week in Snes9x and it didn't work on that either.
I don't know about MBGA but that feature worked for me for ps1 games.

I'm not using retroarch
Oh yeah I know, I was just wondering because of the IPL part but I think I see my mistake now, did they mean the Vita or PSP IPL?

I'm not sure we know the answer to that, but I don't think it should matter since either it'll load on vita boot and then function as you boot a game or whatever (i assume), or it'll just load when you boot the game. Shouldn't really impact user experience.

I'm not sure we know the answer to that, but I don't think it should matter since either it'll load on vita boot and then function as you boot a game or whatever (i assume), or it'll just load when you boot the game. Shouldn't really impact user experience.

Hmm I see, yeah I look forward to the release then :)

sneas78

Banned

I don't know about MBGA but that feature worked for me for ps1 games.

I can't even get MGBA to run most games fullspeed on my end - it could be that it just can't go any faster.

Really? I've had pretty good success with the most recent nightly. Seems to be recent builds are a big improvement over how t was a couple months back when I last checked it out.

Really? I've had pretty good success with the most recent nightly. Seems to be recent builds are a big improvement over how t was a couple months back when I last checked it out.

I tried it a couple of weeks ago with Pokemon Leaf Green and it had some stuttering (performance got gradually worse as I kept playing - in a way unrelated to the game getting more intensive but just the program running for a longer period of time) and UI bugs. Lot of crashing when fiddling around in the menus, and I was unable to access the root of the ux directory. Might have to try another nightly.

I tried it a couple of weeks ago with Pokemon Leaf Green and it had some stuttering (performance got gradually worse as I kept playing - in a way unrelated to the game getting more intensive but just the program running for a longer period of time) and UI bugs. Lot of crashing when fiddling around in the menus, and I was unable to access the root of the ux directory. Might have to try another nightly.

I don't believe I tried LG/FR but I definitely had none of the other issues you described. Maybe the version you downloaded had some issues that were patched up? The nightly I have was from the 11th of this month.
The PlayStation store will not be available on henkaku? I still can acess it
The store blocks old firmwares by essentially updating a code that only new firmwares have, but they don't do it immediately. This is why when they initially published 3.61 we could still access the store despite not having a spoofer, and can currently access the store with the 3.61 spoofer. Soon, they'll swap over to the 3.63 key and we will lose access.

Sakujou

Banned
so can i access the psn with henkaku? it says i have to update?
i want to download some newer games for the vita, but i dont know how.

i dont have a ps3 at the moment.

so can i access the psn with henkaku? it says i have to update?
i want to download some newer games for the vita, but i dont know how.

i dont have a ps3 at the moment.

Did you even try?

Assuming the store wasn't just updated to 3.63, you just install henkaku and then load the store. There's no room for error.

Did you even try?

Assuming the store wasn't just updated to 3.63, you just install henkaku and then load the store. There's no room for error.

I have PSTV 3.60 and last week I tried to enter PSN store and it said I must update (but I don't remember if I launched HENkaku before trying, HENkaku enables to enter PSN store even with 3.60 firmware ?)

Top Bottom