• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

Installed Adrenaline

zDi3rbs.jpg

jzM2dLm.jpg

Something finally went right during this shitty week.

got parodius working. Still kinda baffled at MHP3rd still not working. I've tried like 3 different patching methods. Cannot wait until we get proper USB transfers so I can stop fucking with FTP's god damn disconnects.

got parodius working. Still kinda baffled at MHP3rd still not working. I've tried like 3 different patching methods. Cannot wait until we get proper USB transfers so I can stop fucking with FTP's god damn disconnects.

have you tried using the .mp4 rename exploit? It's not elegant but it's the best way to deal with huge files for now.

NeOak

Im probably the only person with 3.63 in the world. I bought my vita a few days before henkaku was made public, it was on 3.something, before 3.60, and the guy had to update it so that he could unlink his PSN id from the console. While it was doing that I started to wonder that I was probably losing the possibility of some homebrew at some point lol anyway, I would update because I wanted to play some games from PS+ so I am not really sad about it, but it sure loses some resale value.

Pretty much same situation here. I want to play PS+ games and games I bought on my Slim and on my PSTV.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

fyi, the vita can continue to copy files over ftp even in sleep mode.

I realize, but my issue with using the FTP is how easily files get fucked up due to the prevalence of connection drops and slow speeds. If it was just the latter, it would be a non issue since I'd just queue up a bunch of stuff and then play something else or do it over night or whatever.

Finally got it. Vita is now my monhun machine.
The PS Vita WiFi is pretty bad but if you're getting lots of connection drops not caused by the sleep then you should be looking at your router for something to blame. You can also look at all the routers around you too, since the Vita only supports the 2.4 ghz WiFi band and most places are just saturation bombed by tons of routers interfering with each other on that band. There's unfortunately not much you can do that about that besides get a PSTV which has Ethernet that is a godsend for these sorts of transfers.
Don't have access to the router I'm connected to cause student ghetto.
Also, when a file transfer is taking 45 minutes, it's not uncommon to get a little blip on filezilla or whatever, where perhaps the connection wavers or filezilla/vita itself fucks up.

I realize, but my issue with using the FTP is how easily files get fucked up due to the prevalence of connection drops and slow speeds. If it was just the latter, it would be a non issue since I'd just queue up a bunch of stuff and then play something else or do it over night or whatever.

The PS Vita WiFi is pretty bad but if you're getting lots of connection drops not caused by the sleep then you should be looking at your router for something to blame. You can also look at all the routers around you too, since the Vita only supports the 2.4 ghz WiFi band and most places are just saturation bombed by tons of routers interfering with each other on that band. There's unfortunately not much you can do that about that besides get a PSTV which has Ethernet that is a godsend for these sorts of transfers.

I'm increasingly of the opinion that Sony has no way of detecting the spoof or Henkaku in general. They probably don't care about it now because they will soon disable PSN access to firmwares without the new encryption keys anyways, which will solve the problem without requiring additional work to detect and ban spoofing or Henkaku Vitas.

Lime

the screenshot function is wrong - whenever I press Home Button + Start, the game goes into the "Are you sure you want to exit - Yes/No?" screen which isn't what I want to do when screenshotting a game.

Any way to disable that in any way?

Dwayne

Took a lot of strife (had to reinstall both Molecule and VitaShell to see pspemu) and a bunch of crashes trying to run taihenkaku, but I eventually made it to the finish line :D
rJEhjofl.jpg
fpq8mrGl.jpg

THlABJGl.jpg
e3nm54wl.jpg

Awesome!

data

Where are you supposed to put the ISOs for the games? I put them in pspemu and in the game folder and neither detected the game

SURGEdude

Really impressed with how much better PSP titles look on the Vita screen, even the LCD. Still kicking myself for picking my Vita 2000 instead of my 1000 to keep on 3.60.

I am now playing Crisis Core on my Vita.

I will never ever update ever again. Ever. Donating for sure. The Flow and the scene in general has really given me some joy during these trying times.

SURGEdude

I am now playing Crisis Core on my Vita.

I will never ever update ever again. Ever. Donating for sure. The Flow and the scene in general has really given me some joy during these trying times.

It's great. Between this and the out of nowhere breaking of the Wii U has really led to a resurgence in the homebrew community in a way we haven't seen since perhaps the heyday of the Wii and PS3.

Codiox

@EU Users

i just bought "Alien Zombie Death" as a PSPmini, its only 1,19€ and only 8MB!

it works flawless!

does anybody know how i can make a custom bubble for this?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, kinda off-topic among the Adrenaline talk but I have trouble transferring a specific game using the PS3/QCMA trick.

Yesterday I bought Sword of Mana and Tomba 2 (both PS1) on PSN. When I tried to transfer them using QCMA+PS3, Sword of Mana worked just fine but Tomba 2 wouldn't show up in the transfer list on the Vita. Any idea what could be wrong?

Joey Ravn

Banned
@EU Users

i just bought "Alien Zombie Death" as a PSPmini, its only 1,19€ and only 8MB!

it works flawless!

does anybody know how i can make a custom bubble for this?

Bubble Studio should do the trick

I'm more partial to this design :)

Cxi3lV_XUAEV1zc.jpg:large

You have to manually move the files using an FTP client, though. I don't know how to make the Live Area read off the XML to have the icon set to the right and the text show up either. I get the standard, centered icon, but I'm sure I'll be able to fix it and it will look COOL

JudgeN

Well ive been out of the loop for a while, is there a certain game I need to buy to setup adrenaline?

Need to get this installed when I get home.

SURGEdude

I can't overstate how much of a difference the screen on Vita makes when compared to the PSP. It seems like every revision of PSP had some drawback when it came to visual output, except maybe the Go. Even with the screen being larger it looks so much better. No ghosting, sharp colors, sufficient brightness.

So many games I skipped on because I hated the PSP hardware are going to get played now. Can't wait, I really missed the vast majority of its catalogue at the time.

Well ive been out of the loop for a while, is there a certain game I need to buy to setup adrenaline?

Any PSP game or demo or mini works fine. PS1 games not yet.

iosefe

get a PSP demo smallest one, probably locoroco, but i think iread abotu a different demo featuring apes?

Top Bottom