• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

SURGEdude

I have PSTV 3.60 and last week I tried to enter PSN store and it said I must update (but I don't remember if I launched HENkaku before trying, HENkaku enables to enter PSN store even with 3.60 firmware ?)

If you didn't load Henkaku before trying the load the store it will prompt you to update just like it would any console with what Sony considers outdated firmware.

Fully updated Henkaku/Vitashell worked fine last I checked and I'd assume we'd be hearing about it bigly if something had changed.

whitehawk

Banned
it feels so close

Adrenaline.jpg

http://wololo.net/2016/11/16/adrenaline-epsp-custom-firmware-will-custom-ipl-64mb-ram-means/

Is it specific or will any demo work?

you need literally anything with access to the ePSP emulator. A PS1 game, a PSP game, a PS Mini would all work.

Demos are recommended because they're small, but given it's an IPL it seems likely (but not guaranteed) that there will only be an initial need for the game to install it, after which it doesn't matter, in which case size is a nonfactor.

If you didn't load Henkaku before trying the load the store it will prompt you to update just like it would any console with what Sony considers outdated firmware.

Fully updated Henkaku/Vitashell worked fine last I checked and I'd assume we'd be hearing about it bigly if something had changed.

thanks for the explanation
Considering I still have both a PSP and a ps1 game I don't need to dl anything from the store, I was just curious to see if I can access to it

Talking about the incoming CFW, I don't understand if it's something better than TV-X or not, I mean the latter doesn't use the Vita hw, games can be overclocked to 333Mhz, so I wonder if the Adrenaline CFW will allow users to set games running at 444Mhz (or giving access to the second analog stick)
Cause if not I don't see the point to switch from TN-X

thanks for the explanation
Considering I still have both a PSP and a ps1 game I don't need to dl anything from the store, I was just curious to see if I can access to it

Talking about the incoming CFW, I don't understand if it's something better than TV-X or not, I mean the latter doesn't use the Vita hw, games can be overclocked to 333Mhz, so I wonder if the Adrenaline CFW will allow users to set games running at 444Mhz (or giving access to the second analog stick)
Cause if not I don't see the point to switch from TN-X
Previous epsp exploits more or less just gain access to the stuff in the emulator. So you have ways to play games within that emulator or load whatever inside of it.

Adrenaline has access to the emulator software itself, so thefl0w can edit the software at a base level to add functionality such as scaling, filters, etc..

Previous epsp exploits more or less just gain access to the stuff in the emulator. So you have ways to play games within that emulator or load whatever inside of it.

Adrenaline has access to the emulator software itself, so thefl0w can edit the software at a base level to add functionality such as scaling, filters, etc..

great!
thanks for your reply

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'm going to be really sad when I finally can't use my PSTV for PS4 streaming once the spoofing goes away. I started using it for the first time last week and can't really believe how well it works. Sometimes forget I'm not playing the actual console. Is there any chance at all that they could figure out a permanent spoof method, or is it just a cat and mouse game at best?

Dwayne

I'm going to be really sad when I finally can't use my PSTV for PS4 streaming once the spoofing goes away. I started using it for the first time last week and can't really believe how well it works. Sometimes forget I'm not playing the actual console. Is there any chance at all that they could figure out a permanent spoof method, or is it just a cat and mouse game at best?

Anything is possible, but with the price of a PSTV these days, you might as well just invest. Will come in useful with games that won't run on 3.60 too.

NeOak

Really tempted to update both my Vita and PSTV to 3.63, and just get a cheap PSTV later on for HENKaku.

I don't really care for emulation on the go, it would be more to play fan translations of Vita games that never came here.

Sakujou

Banned
how to access the ps store with 3.60?
i have henkaku, but it says i have to update?
i have downloaded years ago a psx-game, but i dont have it anymore, is it needed to have the file on the vita?

how to access the ps store with 3.60?
i have henkaku, but it says i have to update?
i have downloaded years ago a psx-game, but i dont have it anymore, is it needed to have the file on the vita?

Can you please read the thread before repeating questions you just asked.
Vita seems to freeze up when I launch my game. hm....

got it.

Eylos

Banned
taihen doesnt show anymore the pspemu folder, only ux0 with some few folders, what i have to do?

and what this part means?

"Note that you replace TITLEID by the titleid of your PSP game (the name of the folder where EBOOT.PBP is)"

edit:
answer to my first question, you have to download and instal vitashell vpk, molecularshell from taihen doesn't show the folders

iosefe

Reboot your Vita, run the beta again, and install Vita she'll 1.42 if you haven't. Then reboot again

Look at the sample configuration. The word titleID should replaced with the 4 letters and like 5 numbered name of the folder with the demo you are using

some games/demos/minis have a flag that seems to be causing the 661.pbp not found bug. I used Brandish and that worked, as well as doodle pool (.99c 10MB mini)

Joey Ravn

Banned
Yeah, like I just said, not all games are working. What game did you try specifically? The Locoroco demo people recommend is confirmed to work.

Puzzle Escape (Minis). But it seems TheFloW has fixed the bug with a new version? I'll try that one now.

Edit: Yep. Works. Let the Adrenaline goodness begin!

Sakujou

Banned
Can you please read the thread before repeating questions you just asked.
Vita seems to freeze up when I launch my game. hm....

got it.
you have the time to write this and tell me i should read a thread about 70 pages.
why cant you just tell me on one sentence how to get around this?
OP didnt deliver.

Joey Ravn

Banned
What's the easiest way to change my game's icon and name, so that I can get a fully customized Adrenaline bubble? Back then we could edit the database manually, but it was kinda a pain in the ass. Any newer, easier method lately?

Sakujou

Banned
did you go through all the hassle of deleting history, changing to a psn-acc which doesnt show any trace and so on?

another question would be, is except for mai_D another option for dumping games?
i want to backup games via ftp, but there is no direct option except for qcma?
i have a mac, so it doesnt work.

hm. so i can see the games I have installed when in adrenaline, but when trying to start MHP3rd I get error C1-2858-3. Seems like folks haven't figured out exactly where files should go just yet, maybe that's my problem. I just made an ISO folder in the pspemu root.

Eylos

Banned
ugh, something wrong is happening with taihen, i cant upload nothing in it, already enabled unsafe homebrew, rebooted, already tried re-installing taihen, nothing works, some soul save me

i cant upload and install the vitashell vpk =(

I'm trying but it doesn't work at all :(

- visited beta.henkaku.xyz and donwloaded molecular shell
- launched it
- I can only see ux0:/
- try using FTP and can't transfer files nor create new directory on ux0:/

data

- launched it

you need to host a server via vitashell, not molecularshell

Eylos

Banned

- launched it

we have to install vita shell mollecular shell doesnt display the folders, but how to install is a good question, i'm in the same boat

Top Bottom