• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

Sulla1980

Yeah. Today's been a good day for my homebrewed consoles. I managed to get coldboothax working on my Wii U and my Adrenaline bubble looks kick-ass on my Vita :)

I haven't done anything to my WiiU since the initial hack. Slowly working my way up to it.

Edit: and got the bubble working! I assume that this would work for any title. Some of those PS1 bubbles are awful

Is there a way to get older RetroArch nightlies? Want to try out a gpSP release with dynarec, but recent releases all have shitty, slow menus without any menu customizability, so I want to try out a release from October 5th onwards, or thereabouts.

Also, my mGBA build keeps booting in ux0:/data, in which I have no games. I can't get to a higher directory, it closes itself. Any way to solve that?

data

Is there a way to get older RetroArch nightlies? Want to try out a gpSP release with dynarec, but recent releases all have shitty, slow menus without any menu customizability, so I want to try out a release from October 5th onwards, or thereabouts.

Also, my mGBA build keeps booting in ux0:/data, in which I have no games. I can't get to a higher directory, it closes itself. Any way to solve that?

Use vitashell to move the games to ux:/data

Glix

Hey guys I'm hoping for a little help here.

I'm trying to get adrenaline working and having issues.

I activated the Vita. Downloaded the LocoRoco demo, then deactivated the vita.

I followed all the instructions, but when I launch LocoRoco it just tells me "you need to activate your system"

Here is my config file:

# You must reboot for changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ux0:pspemu/adrenaline/adrenaline.skprx
# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
ux0:app/MLCL00001/henkaku.suprx
*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string
ux0:app/MLCL00001/henkaku.suprx
*NPUG80318
vs0:sys/external/libpgf.suprx
ux0:pspemu/adrenaline/adrenaline.suprx

Please help henkakugaf!

Young Magus

I followed all the instructions, but when I launch LocoRoco it just tells me "you need to activate your system"

Here is my config file:

Please help henkakugaf!

Problem right here.

Here is my config file:

Please help henkakugaf!

I don't think Henkaku will magically remove the activation check and allow your Vita to play games (even demos) associated with your PSN account if you've deactivated the Vita from that account. There may be a way around it (I've seen one option but haven't tried it) but that might? be technically considered piracy, given that it would involve circumventing Sony's activation limit.

I actually have a PSP and my TN-V Vita still attached to my PSN in addition to my current Adrenaline Vita. This meant that I had to move my PSTV to a new account to get Adrenaline on that as well. If you don't need your other PSN games on the Vita, you could easily do the same: start a new account, download the LocoRoco demo there, install Adrenaline, profit.

Okay it work and is fucking awesome!

Can I deactivate now or do I have to keep it activated forever?

There is away around this, as long as you don't try and use any Sony services. Use the Sony Account Management page on a PC to blow away all your registrations, then re-register the devices you actually use.

The Vita won't actually de-activate until it tries to contact the Sony servers to sign in (so if you use the store or try and sync trophies online etc, just make sure you have wireless off in those cases).

There is away around this, as long as you don't try and use any Sony services. Use the Sony Account Management page on a PC to blow away all your registrations, then re-register the devices you actually use.

The Vita won't actually de-activate until it tries to contact the Sony servers to sign in (so if you use the store or try and sync trophies online etc, just make sure you have wireless off in those cases).

Note that you can only use the "nuke 'em from orbit" method once every six months, so be absolutely sure this is what you want to do and that you won't want to use it again for a while if you do this step.

muteki

GT2 is just too much for the psx emulator unfortunately.

Guess I'll wait until Feb to see if the official one works better.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
get a PSP demo smallest one, probably locoroco, but i think iread abotu a different demo featuring apes?

Peggle PSP is like 31megs, but it apparently can't be installed on the system. :/

Anyway, I Patapon 1 installed. What do I have to do to modify it to load the PSP XMB and stuff?

GT2 is just too much for the psx emulator unfortunately.

Guess I'll wait until Feb to see if the official one works better.

The official one will just be the Vita's PSX emulator , which as far as I can tell behaves pretty much identically to the PSPs 6.61 POPs. So if you can dig up an old compatibility list you should be able to check that way.

Glix

I followed that great bubble tutorial and everything worked BUT the bubble is still named LocoRoco.

Is anyone familiar enough with the process to point me to where I messed up?

Manac0r

Sorry if this is an uneducated post but I have 2 Vitas - 1 on 3.60 and another with TN-V via the Persona 2 exploit.

My TN-V has several backed up PSP games on a 32GB card... can I take that out and run it using adrenaline instead or is it not that simple??

Any advantage of Adrenaline over TN-V?

Thanks VitaGAF <3

Sorry if this is an uneducated post but I have 2 Vitas - 1 on 3.60 and another with TN-V via the Persona 2 exploit.

My TN-V has several backed up PSP games on a 32GB card... can I take that out and run it using adrenaline instead or is it not that simple??

Thanks VitaGAF <3

You can't just take it out, cards are signed to the Vita they were formatted in. There is henkaku homebrew to use any card in a Vita but not sure how it works, may be what you want to look at.

Adrenaline runs at higher permission than TN-V so it may resolve incompatibility problems you were having, and if TheFlow does come back and add the extra stuff he was working on, it should theoretically be equivalent to a CFW PSP (I wonder if he can/has resolve the broken DLC that happened with eg Disgaea 2 on the Vita PSP).

VNZ

I followed that great bubble tutorial and everything worked BUT the bubble is still named LocoRoco.

Is anyone familiar enough with the process to point me to where I messed up?
Title strings are read from app.db, so you did something wrong with updating the database. Note that you need to reboot for the changes to reflect in the UI.

Glix

Title strings are read from app.db, so you did something wrong with updating the database. Note that you need to reboot for the changes to reflect in the UI.

Thanks, yeah I found the value I forgot to change, everything is pretty perfect now, I'm psyched.

Every PSP game I've played looks so damn good on the Vita.

Ugh, talk about wasted potential. Everything feels brand new. I just want Sony to let it go. I've had 3 friends by Vitas just for this. It's good shit.

Glix

Every PSP game I've played looks so damn good on the Vita.

Ugh, talk about wasted potential. Everything feels brand new. I just want Sony to let it go. I've had 3 friends by Vitas just for this. It's good shit.

And everything runs great overclocked too.

Vita rules.

Shaneus

Thanks VitaGAF <3
I can't vouch for the swapping of cards between devices (looks like Elaugaufein has you covered on that) but I can speak for having a card on 3.36 that was upgraded to 3.60. The UMD images pre-upgrade were still there post-upgrade and were visible in Adrenaline immediately :)

So, Outrun 2 had some massive slowdown for me until I pressed select on the XMB and set the clockspeed to 333mhz, maybe this might help some of you
Yeah, I had the same issue. OutRun 2006 ran pretty bad on PSP too if you didn't set the game to 333mhz.

Shaneus

Yeah, I had the same issue. OutRun 2006 ran pretty bad on PSP too if you didn't set the game to 333mhz.
Do we know if we'll ever be able to clock faster than that with Adrenaline? I feel almost spoiled when OutRun hits 60fps, then drops back to 30 :/

Do we know if we'll ever be able to clock faster than that with Adrenaline? I feel almost spoiled when OutRun hits 60fps, then drops back to 30 :/
I feel the same way when the game hits 60. I'm hoping that we'll get better than PSP performance as Adrenaline improves. However I'm well aware that it may not be possible.

Taruranto

Is there any other way to get around that? Would using a PS3 to transfer a PSP demo work?

That's what I used, although you may need need to do USB "trick" if the latest PS3 firmware asks for 3.61-3.63 when you connect the VIta. (I did the transfer before 4.81. firmware rolled in so 3.60 was fine)

Does this mean that remote play won't work anymore? Or are the two things not connected? That's probably the only thing that could convince me to update.

miserable

I made a dummy account on my Vita to use anything related to Henkaku or Adrenaline on it.
I use AccountSwitcher to change between the dummy and my main account.
Is there any way to play using Adrenaline the PSP games bought on my main account on my dummy account? Adrenaline recognizes them but it gives an error when trying to launch the games.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, so reviews for Steins;Gate 0 are coming out, so copies have started circulating... Any word on required firmware? I've been waiting anxiously to know that... If I have to choose between Retroarch/Adrenaline or portable SG0, it's gonna be painful...

Joey Ravn

Banned
Okay, so reviews for Steins;Gate 0 are coming out, so copies have started circulating... Any word on required firmware? I've been waiting anxiously to know that... If I have to choose between Retroarch/Adrenaline or portable SG0, it's gonna be painful...

People are saying it requires 6.61, but it would also be possible to put the English translation in a JPN version dump.

Nothing confirmed so far, though.

If you're on 3.60 but haven't installed adrenaline yet, are you screwed?

Do you have at least 1 PSP game or demo, or 1 Minis? If you do, you're not.

If you don't, you'll have to have a PS3 to transfer the PSP game.

So my PS+ subscription ran out and as a result all my PS+ games stopped working. I resubscribed for another year, can I still connect one time to PSN only to reload my licenses or am I screwed?

Was just about to buy axiom verge, was planning on playing it this weekend :( also going to miss out on black friday deals

Had henkaku since it released but actually only played smb3 and zelda alttp. Think I Will update to latest firmware tomorrow unless a new spoof arrives shortly

Was just about to buy axiom verge, was planning on playing it this weekend :( also going to miss out on black friday deals

Had henkaku since it released but actually only played smb3 and zelda alttp. Think I Will update to latest firmware tomorrow unless a new spoof arrives shortly

I doubt anything will change in a day.

Ogawa-san

So my PS+ subscription ran out and as a result all my PS+ games stopped working. I resubscribed for another year, can I still connect one time to PSN only to reload my licenses or am I screwed?
I can't even sync trophies, so I assume everything and anything that relies on connecting to PSN is gone. Yep, you're screwed.

Top Bottom