• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

Chesskid1

Banned
I don't want to disappoint you but I tried Portable 2 and it doesn't work, hope that the first chapter is working

i just tried portable 1 and it worked fine, but it didn't have background music which is pretty damn important

shrug, its the main psp game i want to play, i'll try troubleshooting it later, i tried different drivers and it made no difference, maybe i'll try clock speeds

killatopak

Gold Member
Tried playing my Trails in the Sky in adrenaline and loaded my 2014 save file. BGM are fine but any sound effects sounds like explosions of high volume sounds like the ones you hear in youtube where it's spooking you with loud noises.

Started the new game and everything was fine. Oh well 18 hours down the drain. Might as well restart since I don't remember much of the story after 2 years of not playing it lol.

ScHlAuChi

Is that taken using PSTV or a Vita? I've tried all sorts of different resolutions/display configurations on the PSTV and there's always a flickering bar at the bottom of the screen. Or if I pick the 640x resolution, it only takes up half the screen :/

What resolution settings do you use?

Its on Vita with the screenshot function. Unfortunately the emu does not scale the picture correctly yet. And PSTV upscales the picture to 720p i think, which might add some unwanted effects.

I received my Aqua Blue Vita 2000 this week and finally found the time to unpack it, it's on 3.60. Phew.

I'll probably use the new Vita only for PSP, emulation, and Moonlight, while I keep my Vita 1000 on current FW and use it to play Vita games.

Does anyone know where the BIOS files go for Picodrive to play Sega CD Games? I am running Adrenaline 6.61, I have installed the latest Retroarch Pico Drive Build, I just cannot figure out where to put the Bios Files.

EDIT: I found where the BIOS Go, Looks like PicoDrive, at least the latest build, doesn't play nicely with Sega CD games. The other Genesis Emulator is playing them very very well.

AND, for the first time ever, I have Policenauts patched in English running on my Vita. I could never get it to run natively or with Retroarch on TNV, but I have it now working via Retroarch PCX using Henkaku. So Awesome.

I have a feeling I got PS+ games to work on my Vita prior to 3.60 by just connecting to wifi and *trying* to login. Like even though it asked to upgrade, the act of getting online but not signing in (and not upgrading) was enough.

But I could be wrong, or that may have changed.

Edit: I'm hoping there's a way to detect/block the expiry of PS+ stuff. Do we know if that's been found at all?

Oh that's interesting, thanks :eek: I might aswell try this later :p

Young Magus

So like
Im trying to get Valkria Chronices 3 english patch to work on ny vita but I keep getting a black screen everytime I boot it.

What do?

Dwayne

So like
Im trying to get Valkria Chronices 3 english patch to work on ny vita but I keep getting a black screen everytime I boot it.

What do?

Tried it on PSP or PC (emulator)? Would help figure out if it's your ISO that's the issue, or an issue with Henkaku.

Young Magus

Tried it on PSP or PC (emulator)? Would help figure out if it's your ISO that's the issue, or an issue with Henkaku.

Thanks for reminding me about the pc thing.

So I did that and it was the same thing, its the patched iso because unpatched it works fine on vita and PCbl but the patch is the issue(?).

Catvoca

Banned
Looks like they will be able to port the english text to the Japanese version of Steins;Gate 0, meaning there would be a way to play the game in english on firmware 3.60. Somone's already managed this, which is the Japanese version with an english script but with a Japanese interface/menu. I imagine it'll be a while longer before it's actually playable without too many bugs, but for if you're waiting to play Steins;Gate 0 and don't want to lose Henkaku there is hope. (I'd link to this stuff but it's on a board about piracy so.)

DMNBT

Neo Member

So I did that and it was the same thing, its the patched iso because unpatched it works fine on vita and PCbl but the patch is the issue(?).

Dump and patch again? VC3 is working on my PSTV with English patch.

Dwayne

valkyriachronicles3extr.jpg

You need this version of the game btw, the original VC3 doesn't work. Cost around 2000 yen when I got mine.

neemmss

Have a question about this. I have Digimon on my Vita and am thinking about buying it for my PS4 also. Since this game has a cross-save feature, would this feature still work if the Vita is hacked? I know it says that I won't be able to connect to PSN or the store, but does that mean this feature also does not work? Thanks guys.

Have a question about this. I have Digimon on my Vita and am thinking about buying it for my PS4 also. Since this game has a cross-save feature, would this feature still work if the Vita is hacked? I know it says that I won't be able to connect to PSN or the store, but does that mean this feature also does not work? Thanks guys.

The Save share almost always uses your PSN account to access the data so it probably won't work on a backed system that can't sign into PSN.

Young Magus

Dump and patch again? VC3 is working on my PSTV with English patch.

valkyriachronicles3extr.jpg

You need this version of the game btw, the original VC3 doesn't work. Cost around 2000 yen when I got mine.

Thanks for the replies ya'll.

Yep have that version and all, I just chock it up to my computer then cuz I get this error during the patch and I guess its the reason

ohOIP1R.jpg

It says "CRI Packed File Maker for Console has stopped working" then continues with the patch like nothing happened the 1.64gb file is produced but still black screen

So for some reason the Adrenaline EasyInstaller, after installing, required my system to reboot.

Aaaand it wiped my memory card. This might have been because of me saying "yes" to it moving data from the internal 1GB to my memory card? Or fuck, maybe it just did it anyways. I couldn't find any mention of this popping up when installing it.

I guess this is a lesson learned: always back stuff up? I sure as hell haven't because it takes so goddamn long with the Vita. Gonna sleep on it but I'm not even sure Vita homebrew is worth it to me after this. Not exactly comfortable with being one wrong selection away from losing all of my data.

Codiox

does anyone know if i could play neon chrome on my 3.60 vita? does it require a higher firmware?

if not i would buy it.

So for some reason the Adrenaline EasyInstaller, after installing, required my system to reboot.

Aaaand it wiped my memory card. This might have been because of me saying "yes" to it moving data from the internal 1GB to my memory card? Or fuck, maybe it just did it anyways. I couldn't find any mention of this popping up when installing it.

I guess this is a lesson learned: always back stuff up? I sure as hell haven't because it takes so goddamn long with the Vita. Gonna sleep on it but I'm not even sure Vita homebrew is worth it to me after this. Not exactly comfortable with being one wrong selection away from losing all of my data.

You only get the transfer prompt the first time you use a card / after its reformatted. The easy installer certainly shouldn't have reformatted your card either.

You only get the transfer prompt the first time you use a card / after its reformatted. The easy installer certainly shouldn't have reformatted your card either.

Huh, that's strange. I was trying to install it on Talkman Travel: Tokyo. Immediately after it rebooted, it displayed that.

I'm really hoping it was just a freak accident and not my memory card dying in that case.

This is more an Adrenaline / PSP question but seems like the best place.

I have a Henkaku/Adrenaline Vita with a US account and an old AUS CFW PSP, I'm trying to get all my PSP/PSX stuff together on one system. Is there a way to use the eboots on a different system or do I have to extract the ISOs and do things that way ?

simtmb

Excuse my ignorance, this is ONLY for 3.60?

I have a 2.01 Vita, just getting back into things now and trying to figure out my options in this regard, and become more across the Vita homebrew scene etc.

It is possible to update to 3.60, using QCMA, if you're careful and you may have to fiddle with the driver a bit. The only thing you lose (compared to earlier firmware) for being on 3.60 atm is DLC for certain PSP games (most notoriously Disgaea 2:DHD, Sony broke them with one of their security updates to the PSP emulator) and the ability to play PSX ISOs although it is planned for Adrenaline, at a later date.

This is more an Adrenaline / PSP question but seems like the best place.

I have a Henkaku/Adrenaline Vita with a US account and an old AUS CFW PSP, I'm trying to get all my PSP/PSX stuff together on one system. Is there a way to use the eboots on a different system or do I have to extract the ISOs and do things that way ?
Retroarch psx emulator take eboots, but I personally found compatibility between formats varied. Some games could use an eboot no problem, other games I needed bin and cue

Codiox

Excuse my ignorance, this is ONLY for 3.60?

I have a 2.01 Vita, just getting back into things now and trying to figure out my options in this regard, and become more across the Vita homebrew scene etc.

You are save, just update through QCMA to 3.60 and go on from there. If you have a psp game already on the vita you have access to everything.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at the PSX conference, there's still quite a lot of upcoming Vita games I want to play (Steins;Gate 0, Danganronpa 3, Ys Origin...). Should I stay on 3.60 in the hope a spoofer / upgradeable CFW solution might come out, or should I just give up and update now if I'm interested in those newer games?

Joey Ravn

Banned
Looking at the PSX conference, there's still quite a lot of upcoming Vita games I want to play (Steins;Gate 0, Danganronpa 3, Ys Origin...). Should I stay on 3.60 in the hope a spoofer / upgradeable CFW solution might come out, or should I just give up and update now if I'm interested in those newer games?

All three games you mentioned either are out on PC (Ys) or will be most certainly coming out on PC in the future (Danganronpa and Steins;Gate 0). IMO, you should stay on 3.60 for the time being and get those games on PC. Even a toaster should be able to run them ;)

Also, there's a working translation for the JP version of Steins;Gate 0. You need to have both versions, but it works on 3.60.

more over, it's exceedingly unlikely that you will be able to get henkaku or similar on post-3.60 firmwares. I'd say it's more likely someone finds a way to get those new games on to 3.60 than there's a new exploit that allows for full kernel access on one of the newer firmwares.

also you can buy a pstv to play those games or use a PC or whatever

So, I had my PSTV up to date and with my largest memory card. I finally found a power cable for my Vita and updated it from 3.52 to 3.6 and installed taihenkaku. All good.

Any way I can get my games I bought back onto my vita on 3.6? Or am I just SoL on official games (not a huge deal at this point, but I really would like to get back into the Atelier games on portable, if not I'll just play them on my TV one at a time using the older card).

Also, I read that you can use an FTP program with molecule shell, do I have to activate it? Or just running the program turn it on? Is there an easy way to find my Vita's IP address from it or am I going to have to go through my router to find it each time?

So, I had my PSTV up to date and with my largest memory card. I finally found a power cable for my Vita and updated it from 3.52 to 3.6 and installed taihenkaku. All good.

Any way I can get my games I bought back onto my vita on 3.6? Or am I just SoL on official games (not a huge deal at this point, but I really would like to get back into the Atelier games on portable, if not I'll just play them on my TV one at a time using the older card).

Also, I read that you can use an FTP program with molecule shell, do I have to activate it? Or just running the program turn it on? Is there an easy way to find my Vita's IP address from it or am I going to have to go through my router to find it each time?

Press select in molecular shell. It activates ftp and gives you the address

To get the games, do you have a ps3?

if someone finds a way to get henkaku on 3.61/3.63 you'll hear about it from literally every source who posts about this shit. Do not take any single source as law unless it's a known dev themself.

Top Bottom