• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

Is there any point in setting up Adrenaline if I'm stuck with a 4GB card on my second Vita and they're likely to patch access to the store soon? Just doesn't seem worth the trouble if I'll have to inevitably get the demo fodder on another memory card in the near future.

Is there any point in setting up Adrenaline if I'm stuck with a 4GB card on my second Vita and they're likely to patch access to the store soon? Just doesn't seem worth the trouble if I'll have to inevitably get the demo fodder on another memory card in the near future.

With 4 gigs, not really worth it if you ask me

That's what I figured. Wish they didn't patch access to the store. I can't get a new memory card for that Vita until Black Friday at the earliest.

micster

Probably a silly question - but just to check - can I use CSO files on Adrenaline? I shrunk all my UMD rips for memory space on my PSP Go and would rather not have to get a second hand PSP to rerip them as full ISO's.

miserable

Probably a silly question - but just to check - can I use CSO files on Adrenaline? I shrunk all my UMD rips for memory space on my PSP Go and would rather not have to get a second hand PSP to rerip them as full ISO's.

they work, but if you want you can also use a tool which converts CSO to ISO (I don't remember the name, but you could use google search)

Foffy

Banned
Quick question: isn't the ftp IP supposed to be the usual 192.168 sorta setup?

Because if so, mine totally isn't that, so I dunno what to do...

I have SOTN off of PSN itself. Tried to open it and the game is hanging on a black screen. Is this expected?

Was able to quit via holding the PS button.

If you ever intend to play PSP games, you might as well install it, since CSOs are much more space efficient than many ISOs
And yes, you absolutely can. Every one I've tried has worked.
Quick question: isn't the ftp IP supposed to be the usual 192.168 sorta setup?

Because if so, mine totally isn't that, so I dunno what to do...
No, it's not. Mine starts with 172.16
I have SOTN off of PSN itself. Tried to open it and the game is hanging on a black screen. Is this expected?
PSX games are not supported by adrenaline. If you're booting from outside the XMB, it should work.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'm wondering if you can delete the 661.pbp file off your card after the exploit installs...

How did you set a background picture for (retroarch) gpSP's menu again? Somehow it has an awful framerate and a pixelated font in the menus and I can't find the option to load a wallpaper.

Foffy

Banned
I figured it out: my PC and the Vita were on a different wifi connection.

But now, a new problem. FireZilla gives me the following message...

Response: 220 FTPVita Server ready.
Command: AUTH TLS
Response: 502 Sorry, command not implemented. :(
Command: AUTH SSL
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

Why is this?

EDIT: I got it! But...as usual, another problem.

I have no pspemu folder, and FileZilla will not allow me to make it.

Make sure you're using vitashell 1.42, if you're using vitashell 1.42, then restart your system and try again.

This has been answered probably 10 times in the last handful of pages, please read.

I figured it out: my PC and the Vita were on a different wifi connection.

But now, a new problem. FireZilla gives me the following message...

Response: 220 FTPVita Server ready.
Command: AUTH TLS
Command: AUTH SSL
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

Why is this?

EDIT: I got it! But...as usual, another problem.

I also came across your last two issues. Restart your FTP client and reconnect, if not, then restart both the Vita side file browser (whichever Shell it is) and the FTP client. Should resolve the issue. Try a few times.

Foffy

Banned
Make sure you're using vitashell 1.42, if you're using vitashell 1.42, then restart your system and try again.

This has been answered probably 10 times in the last handful of pages, please read.

I had to close FileZilla, but I got it now.

Now, how would one get a demo? Wouldn't you have to access PSN, and thus be forced to upgrade?

Sakujou

Banned
i have a stupid question, but i have patapon3 from the ps+
it does not work with the adrenaline-thingy.

i tried to download a psp-demo, but they dont show up and on the website it says there is a failure/mistake hence i cant click or download them(website and on vita)

IS MY FUCKING account flagged?

Sakujou

Banned
on my us account accessed with my smartphone with a VPN everything seems to be fine (locoroco midnight carnival can be downloaded)

so is it a problem with the german PSN store, or is my account flagged?

can someone help me?
ㅠ_ㅠ

data

So, Outrun 2 had some massive slowdown for me until I pressed select on the XMB and set the clockspeed to 333mhz, maybe this might help some of you

So, Outrun 2 had some massive slowdown for me until I pressed select on the XMB and set the clockspeed to 333mhz, maybe this might help some of you

I'd like to see if there's any meaningful difference in battery life from this. I immediately set both XMB and in-game clockspeed to 333

Codiox

giphy.gif

Jesus christ, i cant believe it.

I bought Phantasy Star Nova long time ago and tried to play it in japanese, but it was really impossible.

I just found out about the english patch and installed it ASAP.

Now I can finally play the game!

This game is a fucking dream for PSO fans like me.

Praise Henkaku!

Screw you SEGA!

muteki

pcsx-rearmed works as a workaround, though there is some slow down, at least for Ridge Racer.

Does anyone know what the hotkey is for the Retroarch menu on Vita?

data

I'd like to see if there's any meaningful difference in battery life from this. I immediately set both XMB and in-game clockspeed to 333

You could try checking under system settings and battery info. I think it'll drain quite a bit more especially on the XMB

Foffy

Banned
giphy.gif

Jesus christ, i cant believe it.

I bought Phantasy Star Nova long time ago and tried to play it in japanese, but it was really impossible.

I just found out about the english patch and installed it ASAP.

Now I can finally play the game!

This game is a fucking dream for PSO fans like me.

Praise Henkaku!

Screw you SEGA!

Isn't it just menus?

Anyone find that they can't turn off filtering in general? Have it set to Official and bilinear filtering set to off but no difference.

TheContact

Have been out of the loop for a bit. Is there a full speed snes emulator or psp emulation yet? Really want to play ff3 but the 2002 retroarch snes version makes the sound out of tune, 2005 and 2010 versions are choppy. Gba doesn't seem to be much better either.

pcsx-rearmed works as a workaround, though there is some slow down, at least for Ridge Racer.

Does anyone know what the hotkey is for the Retroarch menu on Vita?

Push at same time : L * R * select * start

ArXiom

Neo Member
Can I download a PSP demo to my PS3 and then transfer it to my Vita, in case I ever get a second Vita and Sony has patched the store? Or does the PS3 force a Vita update?

I haven't read the whole 80+ pages here so this might have been mentioned, but in Windows 10(possibly 7) you can just open the file explorer and type ftp://192. whatever and access your PS TV. No need to use an extra program. You cannot rename files, but it's super simple way to do it.

QCMA over USB seems like the way to go.

As far as swapping the game you can just use the config.txt. Though the original game will still work as well, so if you want that space back I'd delete it.

Forgot to say thanks for the info. Just picked up my 64gb card today. After much trouble getting qcma to recognize my Vita, I finally got it and I'm backing up my current card, now. Is it as easy as creating a backup like normal or are there other steps due to Henkaku and files/folders?

If anyone is having issues disabling filtering, redditor /u/technochat found a solution:
technochat said:
Worked for me in THPSU, you can try it, maybe it will work for you too.

Instructions:

1) Play a game

2) In Adrenaline Menu, set Custom Graphics Filtering to OFFICIAL and go back to playing your game

3) Hold PS button until a grey overlay with settings appear

4) Press the ON/OFF and wait until the screen goes black

5) Press the ON/OFF button again

6) unpeel the lock screen

7) profit

P.S: If there is another way how to turn filtering off, let me know, this is the only way I found so far (that looks like a bug).

update: works for me in other games, even XMB

regarding filters, which one you prefer ?

I'd like to know especially from PSTV users, cause on big screen jaggies are evident

Actually I'm using Bilinear or Sharp Bilinear, LCD3x seems like too dark, but with all effects I feel Outrun not sharping as it is on PSP or Vita...

I'm not on a PSTV, but the horizontal scanlines and no-filter options are best, imo.
Oh, and parodius portable is working. mine got fucked up somewhere between moving it from my psp to the vita.

Tried some games I own :

Toca Race Driving 3 - works

Killzone Liberation - works

Phantasy Star Online 2 - doesn't works, black screen when you Load Save or Start New Game

SURGEdude

Forgot to say thanks for the info. Just picked up my 64gb card today. After much trouble getting qcma to recognize my Vita, I finally got it and I'm backing up my current card, now. Is it as easy as creating a backup like normal or are there other steps due to Henkaku and files/folders?

Good question, and I'm not sure. I think the patched game out to come over fine so I'm guessing the only thing you will have to do is perhaps re-install Vitashell 1.42 and likely reclick the the unblocking of unsafe content in molecularshell.

EGM92

Tried some games I own :

Toca Race Driving 3 - works

Killzone Liberation - works

Phantasy Star Online 2 - doesn't works, black screen when you Load Save or Start New Game

try changing the cpu setting to 222/111 its how I got ace combat joint assault to load up instead of just a blank screen. also changing the loading driver seems to work for some games as welll

try changing the cpu setting to 222/111 its how I got ace combat joint assault to load up instead of just a blank screen. also changing the loading driver seems to work for some games as welll

Thanks, I'll try asap

but... changing loading driver on PSTV affects something ?? :D

Top Bottom