• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

Was just about to buy axiom verge, was planning on playing it this weekend :( also going to miss out on black friday deals

Had henkaku since it released but actually only played smb3 and zelda alttp. Think I Will update to latest firmware tomorrow unless a new spoof arrives shortly

spoofers cannot be developed in a day.

Unless, of course, someone is privy to sony's code on the backend and wants to provide.

What do I miss if I don't have adrealine?

My psvita is 3.60 but doesn't have an account or legal psp game on it.

Same here, I'm not risking my account (with PSP games) on this - If it gets banned and all my content on all my other playstation platforms gets comprimised - it would be an absolute fucking disaster. Fuck that, lol

Shaneus

But they are already on my Vita, it's just the license that ran out :/
I have a feeling I got PS+ games to work on my Vita prior to 3.60 by just connecting to wifi and *trying* to login. Like even though it asked to upgrade, the act of getting online but not signing in (and not upgrading) was enough.

But I could be wrong, or that may have changed.

Edit: I'm hoping there's a way to detect/block the expiry of PS+ stuff. Do we know if that's been found at all?

try changing the cpu setting to 222/111 its how I got ace combat joint assault to load up instead of just a blank screen. also changing the loading driver seems to work for some games as welll

Yesterday I tried :
changing to default settings: no way
changed drivers : no way with inferno and me, with Sony the game even doesn't start

I'll try as you said 222/111 but I don't have high hopes :(

I'll have to try that when I get another memory card. I'm not exactly comfortable messing with the FTP stuff right now.

Speaking of which: There was a Persona 4 save-editor, IIRC. Has someone modified that into a general purpose save file editor?

That doesn't really make sense. The structure of a save file is up to the developer so beyond decrypting all a general purpose save editor could be is a Hex editor.

Is there a way to back up save data for games before deleting them, using Vitashell? Or do I have to use QCmA?

There's a homebrew to export saves think it's called SaveManager. For PSP saves you should be able to use VitaShell and just copy them directly from the PSP file system.

pirata

Shit, I was waiting to buy new Vita PSN games until the black Friday sale...guess I'm stuck with what I have forever...damn. I had no idea until now the spoof no longer works.

EDIT: Is there any way to transfer purchased games to a Vita from PS3 without updating?

Lime

Shit, I was waiting to buy new Vita PSN games until the black Friday sale...guess I'm stuck with what I have forever...damn. I had no idea until now the spoof no longer works.

EDIT: Is there any way to transfer purchased games to a Vita from PS3 without updating?

Yes just use a PS3 to transfer. Set your Vita to flight mode, then use QMCA to connect to your PC first via USB then unplug and connect to your PS3 via USB and voila, you can transfer vita games from ps3->vita

1. Shutdown and restart your Vita and then put it into flight mode
2. Connect to PC via QMCA via USB
3. Unplug and connect to PS3 via USB
4. Transfer downloaded Vita games from PS3 to Vita.

So Im playing Persona 4 golden finally, and I am consistently getting the error "an error has occured, the PS vita system will be powered off [********]"

Now, the game is a backup of my psn copy because i wanted to undub it. but it started to get error by the 3th hour

i undubbed it (still a vitamin backup) and played for 3 hours without a crash and then, boom, crahed 4 times in a row,

I just refreshed the database. It has not crashed since. I noticed some gfx errors on the menu and on the game itself, so I am wondering if the Memory Card is broken (its a shame these things are so weak, because they are way costly) or if the gpu is crapping out.

EDIT: Yup, crashing in VitaShell now. Think my system is dying, crashed with 2 memory cards and after a format

horkrux

Yes just use a PS3 to transfer. Set your Vita to flight mode, then use QMCA to connect to your PC first via USB then unplug and connect to your PS3 via USB and voila, you can transfer vita games from ps3->vita

1. Shutdown and restart your Vita and then put it into flight mode
2. Connect to PC via QMCA via USB
3. Unplug and connect to PS3 via USB
4. Transfer downloaded Vita games from PS3 to Vita.

0. Disable 2FA on your account. I got an error when I tried to transfer a game and people claim it would fix that. Really annoying :(

kuYuri

So I decided to finally install Henkaku on my Vita, however when I go to the website and hit the install button, it keeps erroring out with error code C2-12828-1. Any ideas what I'm missing or might be doing wrong?

Joey Ravn

Banned
So I decided to finally install Henkaku on my Vita, however when I go to the website and hit the install button, it keeps erroring out with error code C2-12828-1. Any ideas what I'm missing or might be doing wrong?

Nothing, really. You'll have to keep trying and it will eventually work. It sometimes even works with a hard crash like that. The regular installer is quite more stable than the beta you need to use Adrenaline, though.

Nothing, really. You'll have to keep trying and it will eventually work. It sometimes even works with a hard crash like that. The regular installer is quite more stable than the beta you need to use Adrenaline, though.

A full power down and back on , in between should help. The Beta crashing after the install is normal too, just PS button out and flick away.

ScHlAuChi

Amiga Emulator is released:
http://gekihen.customprotocol.com/en/project/uae4all

I have been beta testing this emu for cpasjuste and can confirm that HDF files and WHDLoad work!
The handling is currently abit annoying as you need to switch between mouse and joystick via the menu, but it is what it is ;)

The important thing is that pretty much all A500 and A1200 games run fullspeed - except for the 3D heavy ones like Gloom, Breathless & Co :)
If anyone wants a pre-prepared WHDLoad HDF, feel free to PM me :)

Shaneus

I have been beta testing this emu for cpasjuste and can confirm that HDF files and WHDLoad work!
The handling is currently abit annoying as you need to switch between mouse and joystick via the menu, but it is what it is ;)

The important thing is that pretty much all A500 and A1200 games run fullspeed - except for the 3D heavy ones like Gloom, Breathless & Co :)
/dies

when I get that error I usually clear the cache and then relaunch the browser app, it works around 8 times out of 10

Fasty

Fast forward isn't working for me in Snes9x in the recent RetroArch nightlies. Anyone else having this problem?

And the menu is super sluggish now. Seems to be going backwards :/

Fast forward isn't working for me in Snes9x in the recent RetroArch nightlies. Anyone else having this problem?

And the menu is super sluggish now. Seems to be going backwards :/

They killed the "Menu" option in the settings as well, and it has a lower framerate in the menu now. This is gpSP though, maybe that core is better/worse off.

Tried to find a daily gpSP release with dynamic recompiler (big performance boost apparently) without the UI 'recess', but since only the last 5 dailies are stored by Libretro itself, I could find no such version. :( Sigh.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

WHAT THE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLL?!?!!??!?!!?!?!?!?!?!??!?

The universe is against me!(for many reasons not just this)
In this period many games i wanted were released so i really wanted to update, i have already played the roms i wanted but the hope of an amiga emulator always stopped me, yesterday i downloaded the latest final burn alpha 2012 to see if there was a better compatibility but nothing, then around midnight i searched this thread and nothing, i quickly searched on internet for an amiga emulator an nothing so i decided to update.... and then after a while i read this! T_T

Please someone punish me with some screens :(

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
It takes time to make emulators, who knew?

I checked not too long ago a site with a list of what is in the work and what's not, the amiga emulator wasn't in the works, that's why i decided to update. :\

If there will ever be custom firmwares like on the psp i'll update with those.

I checked not too long ago a site with a list of what is in the work and what's not, the amiga emulator wasn't in the works, that's why i decided to update. :

If there will ever be custom firmwares like on the psp i'll update with those.
Those will almost certainly require 3.60. You're toast unless something insane happens or the Vita scene lasts another 10 years.

And yeah, not everyone posts about what they're working on. It's a homebrew scene. That's the nature of things.

Didn't we have a spoof for accessing PSN?

Yes, for accessing the 3.61 PSN. Each time there's a firmware update, Sony eventually updates the PSN backend so that it will only accept newer firmwares. Spoofers need to spoof a specific firmware, and we don't have one for the 3.63 PSN.

Catvoca

Banned
I can't get the Henkaku beta to install. Tried reboots, clearing cache, all the usual stuff but every time it installs it won't run. Regular Henkaku installs fine though. Very annoying!

Edit: got it to work this morning. I held down R while it was installing which I guess is meant to force reinstall or something? Idk, it worked anyway.

Sakujou

Banned
hey guys, my vita is sort of strange:
i installed the adrenaline easy installer since then i cant get henkaku to work.

everytime i go to beta.henkaku.xyz my vita restarts.

what to do?

Chesskid1

Banned
finally had some time to try out adrenaline

very very awesome. and easy to install thanks to the easyinstaller.

going to play phantasy star portable mainly and marvel ultimate alliance.

ScHlAuChi

Please someone punish me with some screens :(

Why didnt you just buy a cheap PS TV to play your game!
Unfortunately, if you want HomeBrew, selling your Vita and getting a 360 one is the ONLY viable option, as yifanlu has stated that it would take another 5 years to find an exploit.

t2vmwkt0.jpg

Moral of the story? Patience is a virtue!

Vita is dead

It plays for a while then craps to the ps vita will power off.
Tried 2 memory cards and several formats. No avail.

In the look for a cheap pstv guys.

Shaneus

Why didnt you just buy a cheap PS TV to play your game!
Unfortunately, if you want HomeBrew, selling your Vita and getting a 360 one is the ONLY viable option, as yifanlu has stated that it would take another 5 years to find an exploit.

t2vmwkt0.jpg

Moral of the story? Patience is a virtue!
Is that taken using PSTV or a Vita? I've tried all sorts of different resolutions/display configurations on the PSTV and there's always a flickering bar at the bottom of the screen. Or if I pick the 640x resolution, it only takes up half the screen :/

What resolution settings do you use?

finally had some time to try out adrenaline

very very awesome. and easy to install thanks to the easyinstaller.

going to play phantasy star portable mainly and marvel ultimate alliance.

I don't want to disappoint you but I tried Portable 2 and it doesn't work, hope that the first chapter is working

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That doesn't really make sense. The structure of a save file is up to the developer so beyond decrypting all a general purpose save editor could be is a Hex editor.

I guess I should rephrase: Has there been any work on getting save files from other users done? IIRC that was possible with a universal decrypt, but there wasn't any repository of saves available.

It's either that or RinCheat doesn't require me to dump 2-6 gig files into 4-12gig dumps. :/

Top Bottom