• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

Will I be banned from PSN if I save edit certain games that share the same saves on both the Vita and PS4 versions like Binding of Isaac and Senran Kagura, and use said saves on the PS4?

No one has been banned for anything related to henkaku, so the answer is "we don't know".

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Got my bubble edited. Still uses the PSP layout with no text in the live area, but at least it has the nifty background, icon, and a proper title.

anyone know if an option like the L/ME CFW's faster memory card read speed is available for adrenaline? Or perhaps if it's already built in to the emulator or something?

LewieP

I can't seem to get adrenaline to work. Been trying all day. No idea what I've done wrong, but my chosen PSP game just boots as normal every time. I think there's a longer black screen prior to booting than normal, but not sure if I'm just noticing it because I'm trying so often (it's Ape Quest).

Any ideas where I might have gone wrong?

Don't waste your time on anything other than 3.60. Now that we have PSP I can't think of any advantage to the previously exploited lower firmwares. I imagine most homebrew won't bother ensuring support for older versions.

The process for PSTV is:

Update using a USB flash drive

Download the update file to your computer, and then save it on the USB flash drive. Copy the saved file to your PS TV system to update the system.

The following things are needed to perform the update:

PS TV system
Computer (Windows®/Mac)
The computer must connect to the Internet.
USB flash drive.
There must be 150 MB of free space.
On the USB flash drive, create folders for saving the update file.
Using a computer, create a folder named "PSVITA" on the USB flash drive. Inside that folder, create another folder named "UPDATE".
Download the update file, and save it in the "UPDATE" folder you created in step 1.Save the file with the file name "PSVUPDAT.PUP".

Click to start the download.
Turn off the power of your PS TV system completely.
Press and hold the Power button on your PS TV system for at least 7 seconds to turn on the power. The system starts in safe mode.
Connect a controller using a USB cable, and then press then PS button.
Select [Update System Software] > [Update from USB Storage Device].
Connect the USB flash drive that the update file is saved on to your PS TV system. Follow the screens to complete the update.
If your PS TV system does not recognize the update file, check that the folder names and file name are correct. Enter the folder names and file name in single-byte characters using uppercase letters.

Wow! Thanks for the informative post! Will get to work on this when I get home from work. Thanks again!

I can't seem to get adrenaline to work. Been trying all day. No idea what I've done wrong, but my chosen PSP game just boots as normal every time. I think there's a longer black screen prior to booting than normal, but not sure if I'm just noticing it because I'm trying so often (it's Ape Quest).

Are you running the henkaku beta? Are you editing the cfg file correctly?

Try going through the instructions again. You're probably just missing a step.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Got my bubble edited. Still uses the PSP layout with no text in the live area, but at least it has the nifty background, icon, and a proper title.

Yeah, same here. Dunno why. Some people got it working, it would seem.

Are you sure you're using the HENkaku beta, not the regular version?

LewieP

Only difference is using the "beta." url, right? If so yes.

Would it matter where in the process I started using it, I couldn't work it out at first, but have it working now.

Edit: I did find the beta URL way more crashy than the standard one, but perhaps that's to be expected.

The general sequence of events is this:

Install TaiHen (henkaku beta)
Enable Unsafe Homebrews
Install VitaShell 1.42 via MolecularShell
Place Adrenaline folder within pspemu
Copy config.txt to computer and edit it to point to the game you would like to use to boot xmb
Overwrite old config.txt
Restart console
Reinstall TaiHen
Start game you edited config.txt to point to
Follow instructions

This should help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnEqzMhwrMo

Edit - Seems you got it figured out. Awesome.

iosefe

The general sequence of events is this:

Install TaiHen (henkaku beta)
Enable Unsafe Homebrews
Install VitaShell 1.42 via MolecularShell
Place Adrenaline folder within pspemu
Copy config.txt to computer and edit it to point to the game you would like to use to boot xmb
Overwrite old config.txt
Restart console
Reinstall TaiHen
Start game you edited config.txt to point to
Follow instructions

ADDENDUM, between steps, reboot and reset beta hen

SURGEdude

anyone know if an option like the L/ME CFW's faster memory card read speed is available for adrenaline? Or perhaps if it's already built in to the emulator or something?

I think so. On the XBM if you hit select you can select 3 different options under UMD ISO Mode: Inferno, M33, or Sony NP9660.

Wow! Thanks for the informative post! Will get to work on this when I get home from work. Thanks again!

Happy to help. Let me know if you have any issues.

suikodan

It has already been said that PS1 games do not work lol

I knew that except I wanted to check by myself if it was PS1 ISOs or PS1 ISOs injected in a PSP emu. I remember the latter being a megaton back then, I think it was released on a christmas day or something...

SURGEdude

Made some tests:

1- CSO files work
2- PS1 games injected into PSP eboot don't work :(

Yup. I've tried a dozen or so more CSOs since I commented on them last page. They seem to perform exactly as expected. The only game I had issues with was the PoP game I mentioned, but that same problem crops up on both ISO and CSO formats. Haven't had a chance to really sit down and do a head to head against my PSP though. Partially cuz I'm not really wanting to upgrade it's firmware from god only knows what's on it now :)

Redhood

The screenshot feature is currently broken. When u press the ps button ingame immedieatley the psp quit game grey screen comes up. If u press ps + start that grey screen is what gets taken. :/ Hope he fixes this soon.

Guys I have a Vita on 3.60, and I think I used Henkaku on it once not sure. Can I still use it to download these minis or demos in order to get Adrenaline or has the window passed?

Foffy

Banned
So..how would one go about all of this Adrenaline stuff?

I know I posted here before, but I've never once used HENKaku, so I feel a bit overwhelmed in what to do.

How do I get all of this "set up" for Vita and PSTV?

Joey Ravn

Banned
Do I need to use HENKaku before using taiHenkaku? Again, these are 'fresh' systems with no use of exploits at all, so the video already lost me on this...

No. Just go to beta.henkaku.xyz to install the version you need. It may be a bit unstable during installation, though. Just keep trying until the browser doesn't crash (it should close automatically after a sucessful installation). If after a few tries you don't succeed, restart you Vita and try again. Sooner or later you'll get it right.

Foffy

Banned
No. Just go to beta.henkaku.xyz to install the version you need. It may be a bit unstable during installation, though. Just keep trying until the browser doesn't crash (it should close automatically after a sucessful installation). If after a few tries you don't succeed, restart you Vita and try again. Sooner or later you'll get it right.

Okay, I seemed to have gotten it set up, but it would appear the games I had installed on the memory card are gone.

I had Shinobido 2, Disgaea 3, and Little King's Story. All that remains is a white bubble of Shinobido 2.

Did I do something wrong?

EDIT: It would appear they vanish once the homebrew firmware is active...is there a way to enable them, or must they be converted to the firmware?

EDIT 2: This FTP jazz ain't workin', either. I'm trying to use FileZilla and no dice. :(

...Is it normal that I do not see any "pspemu" folder in the ux0 directory via Filezilla? I can see that there's many folders through Vitashell that just don't show up on Filezilla.

edit: NVM, restarting filezilla worked

Okay, I seemed to have gotten it set up, but it would appear the games I had installed on the memory card are gone.

I had Shinobido 2, Disgaea 3, and Little King's Story. All that remains is a white bubble of Shinobido 2.

Did I do something wrong?

EDIT: It would appear they vanish once the homebrew firmware is active...is there a way to enable them, or must they be converted to the firmware?

EDIT 2: This FTP jazz ain't workin', either. I'm trying to use FileZilla and no dice. :(

Legit games are not supposed to dissapear.

make sure you reboot after the first Henkaku start

I thought Retroarch got a single launcher. Why does the latest nightly still have a whole archive of different cores?

Edit: Is the unified version "retroarch.vpk"?

I thought Retroarch got a single launcher. Why does the latest nightly still have a whole archive of different cores?

Edit: Is the unified version "retroarch.vpk"?

Yes, though unless soemthing has changed, it's not 100% yet. I'd personally recommend using individual cores both due to the full version's instability, and for size considerations.

Foffy

Banned
Legit games are not supposed to dissapear.

make sure you reboot after the first Henkaku start

It was weird. The system actually stopped recognizing my memory card. System settings showed I had 0 GBs of memory. Taking out the card and putting it back in helped, though.

Would you (or others) have any idea on how to help with the FTP issue I'm having? It's not connecting, so unless I can do this by USB, I'm stuck. :/

Top Bottom