• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

AlexBasch

I'm about to pull the trigger, but just to be safe.

Do the CMA or Sony Content Manager or whatever backups work with the FTP stuff or should I stick with doing that PS3 trick to transfer my stuff?

And about that, is there a way to use the CMA without updating? Most of my games are in my PC and I still haven't found a way to transfer my stuff to my Vita without the update prompt. :(

Rukh

Neo Member
Thanks to this I got Garou:MOTW and Digimon on my vita.

Sadly, Garou requires 3.61 x(

Is it possible to play Garou on a 3.60 system as long as you manage to get it onto the system?

Do the CMA or Sony Content Manager or whatever backups work with the FTP stuff or should I stick with doing that PS3 trick to transfer my stuff?

And about that, is there a way to use the CMA without updating? Most of my games are in my PC and I still haven't found a way to transfer my stuff to my Vita without the update prompt. :(

QCMA is what most people use, it's basically a better CMA that's open source.

https://codestation.github.io/qcma/

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member

I'm not sure if there isn't another step, but IIRC you can just put your Vita in Plane mode to avoid the update prompt with QCMA.

Young Magus

Update Beta 7 is out:

New Features:

• Install payload has been compressed decreasing download sizes by 60%
  • molecularShell now supports refreshing taiHEN config.txt without rebooting (only for user plugins and only works in non-safe mode; press Start to see the option)
  • molecularShell now has full ux0 access again when unsafe homebrew is enabled (must quit and reopen to see changes)
  • Re-enabled shell patches for version spoofing. This does not enable PSN but it should prevent CMA update prompts provided you set the spoof version to 3.63.

Spoofing still won't allow for .61 content to be played right?
;_;

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
So why didn't anyone tell me that Moonlight (Nvidia streaming) was ported to the Vita? This is a game changer for me. I was looking at new tablets/laptop/portables for a way to play steam games in the even that my bedroom TV was being used by the wife and I couldn't use the steam link.

It is also working really damn well.

Could someone confirm that Remote Play is still working? That's the only thing that would make me update, but I'd hate to lose out on Moonlight and emulators.

Chesskid1

Banned
I am Setsuna is now released! (Square didn't bother to release the vita version, only ps4/pc so a fan ported it)

pUEMhcY.jpg

K0q4vOE.jpg

download the patch here
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ikenie-to-yuki-no-setsuna-i-am-setsuna-localization-project.443941/

Bittercup

Could someone confirm that Remote Play is still working? That's the only thing that would make me update, but I'd hate to lose out on Moonlight and emulators.
Works fine for me. PS4 with the latest system software and Vita with the Henkaku beta version and both connect without any issues. I do use direct connection though.
I don't know if it works via Internet. Could be a problem, but I haven't tested it myself.

Works fine for me. PS4 with the latest system software and Vita with the Henkaku beta version and both connect without any issues. I do use direct connection though.
I don't know if it works via Internet. Could be a problem, but I haven't tested it myself.
Thanks you very much! As far as I recall direct connection works even better, so I would be using that either way.

The I Am Setsuna release is very cool, thanks for sharing.

daaamn, nice. How does it play on Vita? I heard that the load times were pretty bad, but I'm not sure if those ever got patched.

well I suppose that if you have to patch you have to dump your game, doesn't have a dumped game faster load access time than a memory on card ?

well I suppose that if you have to patch you have to dump your game, doesn't have a dumped game faster load access time than a memory on card ?

Why would it? Game cards and memory cards (which you run digital games off of anyway) don't really have a big difference in storage technology.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Let's say I buy Axiom Verge on PSN tonight... will I be able to download it on PS3 and transfer it to my 3.60 Vita with the QCMA trick, or will it be blocked? (I purchased Tomba 2 on PSN a few weeks ago and it wouldn't let me transfer for some reason...)

Not officially you can use QCMA to copy files disguised as music / videos / etc and then rename back using Vita Shell / Molecular Shell though.

Robby322

Alright, so I haven't played my PS VITA in forever and I want to try getting into Persona 4 again. It has not been updated and I haven't been following the homebrew scene since HENKaku first got released. Currently debating on holding off upgrading to 3.61 and just upgrading to 3.60.

I don't really care for modding any PS Vita games, and mostly interested in the emulation scene.

Where are emulators at now? Do most games run great? I am looking to emulate the 8/16 bit era and PS1 games would be great too. Does it emulate anything past that well?

Seik

Banned
Oh man, I absolutely need to check my PSTV's version then. :O

It's been a while since I ever booted it, for starters, is that hope I see?!

3.60 dates from when, exactly? I need that whitelist to die ASAP.

EDIT: Also, about that I Am Setsuna patch, I assume you can only use it when you rip the data from the Japanese retail cartridge and then reinstall it on your PSV memory card, right? If that's the case my interest to import a copy has just risen tenfold.

Labrys

So, I found out my Vita is at 3.60 after losing my charger for a while. I want to play around with homebrew and stuff, but I just bought P4:DAN and I'd like to get some of the DLC. I know you can transfer games from the ps3 to the vita without updating but can you transfer DLC?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Has it been proven that the permanent blacklist hack stops working if you update firmware?

Seik

Banned
Meh...I've been trying all night to connect my PSTV to my PC via Filezilla and I can't make it connect...

shd9p8k.png

-I'm on 3.60 and Henkaku works
-I entered the exact same IP/PORT than displayed when I press select on Henkaku.
-Both my PC and PSTV are plugged on the same router via LAN.
-I can see that PSTV's folder on my browser when I type the address in, but can't go in any of the folders, it just show them to me.

I need to overwrite that damn whitelist, I feel I'm SO close. D:

EDIT:
Nevermind, I managed to connect with WinSCP, just played Street Fighter X Tekken, still can't believe Capcom never made it work on PSTV...

You're using FileZilla Server (which turns your PC into a FTP server), you want to be using the Filezilla Client instead which lets you access the server that Molecular/Vita Shell run on your Vita.

EGM92

I'm trying to get Retroarch PCSX-ReArmed working but can't for the life of me get anything to run.

I've put in the PSX bios in ux0:data/retroarch/cores/system and ux0:data/retroarch/system

I created a directory ux0:pSX/GAMES and put my bin/cues in there. When I go to select a bin file it takes me to a "Download Core..." and below it says "No Cores Available"

I'm lost as this is all I did with the SNES and GBA and those are working just fine. I'm also using PCSX-ReARMed 1.3.6 r22 30373a8 if that helps any.

I'd appreciate any help

Aeana

So, I have two VitaTV units. Both are <=3.60. I don't need both running Henkaku or anything, but I would like to try to play SaGa Scarlet Grace (which requires 3.61) on the VitaTV. It's blacklisted by default.

I remember reading a while back that the whitelist hack remains even after firmware upgrades. Is that still the case? Could I fix the whitelist on one of my VitaTVs and keep it fixed?

sneas78

Banned
Not officially you can use QCMA to copy files disguised as music / videos / etc and then rename back using Vita Shell / Molecular Shell though.

Even better you can create a folder in a PSP save game .. put all your vpk games even bin iso files for PSP games and they will copy over to your pspemu/savedata.. and you don't have to rename anything.

Take any PSP save game data . I use GTA savedata.. but you can use whatever save.just make sure to create a new folder and in that folder and you can copy anything without having to rename.

Onemic

How is the emulation scene now? I havent really used henkaku since it first released in April so Im a bit clueless on the improvements made. Are the SNES and GBA emulators decent now or are they still lacking?

Young Magus

How is the emulation scene now? I havent really used henkaku since it first released in April so Im a bit clueless on the improvements made. Are the SNES and GBA emulators decent now or are they still lacking?

retroarch works on it and its wonderful. Multiple SNES emulators and and GBA emu that works fine.

Speaking of Arch,

Any chance that new bulids/fixs/versions will work with CP3 games at full speed? Or is the vita not powerful enough to do so?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I just got powerlime adapters so I tried out a direct ethernet connection to see if remote play worked, and it still prompted me to update and didn't work. Am I missing a step or is it just not going to work through henkaku?

AlexBasch

I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I have Borderlands 2 in my PSN main account, except that Vita has a PS+ account with all the games, PS4 and PSV, that a friend and I share on PS4.

Given that I'm downloading stuff with the PS3 and all of that, is there a way to use that Borderlands 2 game with the Adrenaline app or whatever to remove the "account lock"? Not sure if I'm being clear on this. I just feel like playing that version which was bought by mistake in my PSN account, this time on my device.

If it looks sketchy then I apologize in advance, just curious about this, haha.

I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I have Borderlands 2 in my PSN main account, except that Vita has a PS+ account with all the games, PS4 and PSV, that a friend and I share on PS4.

Given that I'm downloading stuff with the PS3 and all of that, is there a way to use that Borderlands 2 game with the Adrenaline app or whatever to remove the "account lock"? Not sure if I'm being clear on this. I just feel like playing that version which was bought by mistake in my PSN account, this time on my device.

If it looks sketchy then I apologize in advance, just curious about this, haha.
no, not possible to get free games this way.

Mephala

Is there a way to get the PSN purchased games onto my Vita without a PS3? I already tried the web store queue method but it doesn't seem to be working for me :(

Tailzo

When I tried maybe 3 months ago, I tried daily with new updates, both GBA and snes didn't run the games I tried well enough, so I gave up and thought I might try later.

Well, not exactly free since I paid for it but I expected to have a way to use a game from my other account.

Oh well. Wouldn't even consider this if Sony implemented account switching. -_-
If you can find a way to get the borderlands 2 installed, you can dump it, swap accounts, and reinstall using maidump. You might even be able to do it with some means of getting it off your ps3 but I'm not savvy enough with those tools to know anything for certain.

Top Bottom