• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Here comes the NPD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greekboy

Banned
This is insane. I left work, went to the gym, came home and find 4 pages of nothing. PM me when there are hardware figures in this thread.

Hero

Lisa Lashes said:
This is insane. I left work, went to the gym, came home and find 4 pages of nothing. PM me when there are hardware figures in this thread.

Go do something productive if your time is so valuable.

Excellent sales for CoR, FSW, and LoZ:FSA.

Very surprised at the NES Classics.

AirBrian

bunkum said:
Right, I'm off to bed now as its GMT here so gone 1am, when I post data tomorrow do you want it in here or a new thread. I'll let democracy rule so you lot can decide.
I think a new thread would be better. Thanks for posting what you did! :)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
bunkum said:
Right, I'm off to bed now as its GMT here so gone 1am, when I post data tomorrow do you want it in here or a new thread. I'll let democracy rule so you lot can decide.

Put them in a new thread. That way it should be easier to read, and easier to search for past NPD threads since all we gotta do is search for threads created by you

cabel

bunkum said:
GBA MARIO VS. DONKEY KONG $3,131,446 102511
GBA SUPER MARIO CLASSIC $2,144,496 110627
GBA ZELDA CLASSIC $2,000,679 102166

Let it be noted:

Nintendo may not be good at everything, but they seem to be incredibly good at making money.

(Real money, too -- the kind with profit.)

Sure, it would have been better if it was every NES game ever made, including Chubby Cherub, on a single GBA cart, for $1.95, including a free rimjob, as every forum poster on earth whined. But that wouldn't have made them $7 million dollars, now, would it?

cabel said:
Let it be noted:

Nintendo may not be good at everything, but they seem to be incredibly good at making money.

(Real money, too -- the kind with profit.)

Sure, it would have been better if it was every NES game ever made, including Chubby Cherub, on a single GBA cart, for $1.95, including a free rimjob, as every forum poster on earth whined. But that wouldn't have made them $7 million dollars, now, would it?

Oh great, another 'boy am I glad Nintendo isnt online!' post

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
The 7 million figure people are using is wrong. 3.1 million of the 7 million is for MARIO VS DONKEY KONG (not the NES Classic Donkey Kong). That's not an NES Classic. Mario and Zelda by themselves made 4.1 million.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
bunkum said:
Fuck democracy, this is an oligarchy! Put it in a new thread!

Memles

Well holy crap...those GBA Classic Sales are insane. At this rate...there's an off chance that SMB Classic might just break 1 Million worldwide.

Still want Advance Tour Sales!

cabel

Daxter Too said:
Oh great, another 'boy am I glad Nintendo isnt online!' post

Thanks, Kreskin, for using your great mind vortex to mystically conjure words I never said! That's truly amazing!

I was actually talking about the NES Classics making money. I'm sorry if that's really difficult for your attention span but OH MY GOD SPONGEBOB IS ON TV LET'S TOTALLY WATCH IT

Matt

Memles said:
Well holy crap...those GBA Classic Sales are insane. At this rate...there's an off chance that SMB Classic might just break 1 Million worldwide.

Still want Advance Tour Sales!
Off chance? It’s going to happen, easily.

AniHawk said:
Oh, I took it more literally than I was supposed to then.

15980classic_vampire.jpg

Odysseus

Banned
I originally predicted 225K for PS2, 210K for Xbox, and 85K for GameCube. Based upon the sales of Halo, I now raise my Xbox projection to 250K.

Any day now...

AniHawk

Odysseus said:
I originally predicted 225K for PS2, 210K for Xbox, and 85K for GameCube. Based upon the sales of Halo, I now raise my Xbox projection to 250K.

Any day now...

I raise my Xbox prediction to 85k based on Halo's perfomance.

Those Riddick sales are pretty low for the first movie based FPS that's better than Goldeneye.

Not to mention its release is in conjunctions with a pretty big summer movie.

jarrod

Banned
bunkum said:
Here's a snippet,

GBA MARIO VS. DONKEY KONG $3,131,446 102511
<3

...and I bought all 3. Guess it's only a matter of time before Classic NES Series 2 makes it's way here. :)

apujanata

To bunkum :

Can you please post the data for April 2004, Konami, and the following games :
TEENAGE MUTANT TURTLE GBA
YU-GI-OH! SACRED CARD GBA
YU-GI-OH! TRNMNT 2004 GBA

Thanks in advance

BeOnEdge

Banned
AniHawk said:
I raise my Xbox prediction to 85k based on Halo's perfomance.

LOLOLOLOL

fear the UPRISING.

"hopefully sega wont make the same mistake again next gen"

you mean when the UPRISING is in full stride?

cvxfreak

Another day. :(

::SCREAMS::

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

AniHawk

AirBrian said:
Yeah that sucks, but look at the bright side: this thread is 5 pages and has a banning over very little information. :p

Wonder if we've run out of steam already though.

STAY TUNED TO GAF.

jett

D-Member
bunkum said:

OMG...that's just sad. There's no hope for humanity. Why do I think that if Nintendo released "Mario Bros" as a standalone game it would still get high sales EVEN when it comes for free in every other GBA Mario game?

cvxfreak

No we haven't. We still need our Nintendo GBA totals from Meier/jarrod, your Sega totals, the damage control and assesments on the future.

STAY TUNED TO GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom