• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Meteorain

Man I just love str heroes.

Kraken is bundles of fun. His Splash is so epic for farming the lane. You always get the last hit lol.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I'll be on at around 8, unless Vindictus actually comes online then I'll be playing that this evening. :3

Meteorain

Wow, just lost a pretty damn close 4v5. We worked quite hard and then Defiler decides she'll afk in the fountain -.-

13909569 is the game code if anyone is interested. Myself (Kraken) and the Tempest did a pretty badass ulti combo at about 46mins at our middle base tower to get us back in the game!

Man....I feel cheated :(

Meteorain said:
Wow, just lost a pretty damn close 4v5. We worked quite hard and then Defiler decides she'll afk in the fountain -.-

13909569 is the game code if anyone is interested. Myself (Kraken) and the Tempest did a pretty badass ulti combo at about 46mins at our middle base tower to get us back in the game!

Man....I feel cheated :(

Stacking AOE is so fun. In one game I was Tempest and we had a Magmus and Behemoth. Even though their Mage was pretty buff, we'd send in one of the other heroes to bait, then triple blink+ults = genocide.

Did they ever fix Dev's decay not deactivating the invis rune or is that allowed? Kinda hilarious watching opponents losing health for no apparent reason.

JoeMartin

Sorry I haven't been playing with GAF lately, been pubstomping my friend's account from 600 to 1600 PSR. Been a pretty hilarious time tbh.

And I love Pharaoh.

My brother and I have been pubstomping in No Stats EM. In one game he was Lego and I was Nymph and we did the creep block + heal. In the time it took him to farm Helm, their Flint was still level 2. Later the BH asked him "how did you get so good with Lego?" and he responded "run around and get hit lots." :lol

Just got the game today.. I'm trying to get good but I just can't find a guide or any real advice.. my last game today I failed so much people kept saying I was a feeder account for the other team =\

BloodElfHunter said:
Just got the game today.. I'm trying to get good but I just can't find a guide or any real advice.. my last game today I failed so much people kept saying I was a feeder account for the other team =\

Check the official forums. Tons of guides there. Start off with a ranged hero, someone like hellbringer or soul reaper or demented shaman. These are all fairly easy heroes to play. Use them to get used to the game, and move onto other heroes when you feel comfortable enough.

mrbagdt

BloodElfHunter said:
also, play no stats games until you have some idea what you're doing

Hi guys, thanks for the tips. I've played LOL which is similar but much dumbed down it seems and yes I've done the tutorial mode which doesn't seem to cover anything besides the very basics. I love the game and actually wanna get good at it.. I'm thinking of playing as Deranged shaman or the forsaken archer for now.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I just got back from the gym and I'm gonna hop on. I've been obsessed with Civ5 the past week so I haven't touched HoN, lol.

Meeru

Banned
Well there are certain carries that I prefer to play, like night hound. Ss, moon queen, these are ones I consider boring

Nome

Unfortunately, no. This patch is a collection of some interface changes and balances changes. In the works are a new hero (INT), TMM, and the Map Editor, which will be hopefully coming in the next major content (non-balance) patch.

Insured

The spam on Clan S2Games / Clan Honcast is... Kinda ridiculous when the servers are down. Cannot wait for the patch though :D

Meeru

Banned
Man, I can't believe how awesome blood chalice is..it really makes the game much more fun and enjoyable to play.

Aww they removed the ability to use Striders with Decay.

New Kraken sounds interesting. His charge sounds like a good ganking skill.

Meeru

Banned
Ok..here's some tips..I never go scourge bot lane..why? cuz unless we buy wards to prevent creep spawn, sentinel bottom lane will get greater exp..

New Kraken is fun as hell to use once you get the hang of him. Problem is he has almost no late game unless hes farmed as hell.

Swag

Pinko Marx said:
New Kraken is fun as hell to use once you get the hang of him. Problem is he has almost no late game unless hes farmed as hell.

I never saw Kraken as being a good late gamer, every game where I've faced him / had him on my team he was pretty much a one trick pony due to his awesome initiation ult.

Meteorain

I hate Swiftblades that spin as a main way to deal dmg. Especially when they block me off and get my killed....*cough*Nilay*cough*

Sebulon3k said:
I never saw Kraken as being a good late gamer, every game where I've faced him / had him on my team he was pretty much a one trick pony due to his awesome initiation ult.

He's a little more than a one trick pony now, though. He's able to do some decent damage, even without his ult now. That and his ult has tons of utility now. Use it for escaping, ganking heroes 1-on-1 (has a fairly short CD), and it still can be SORTA used for initiation.
Only problem is that hes crazy item dependent. You NEED a shrunken head on him.

Swag

valenti said:
man sometimes...rage

And sometimes Pestilence / Plague Rider domination.

Played a game earlier with a 5 team PK setup

Engineer, Glacius, Pebbles, Witch Slayer, Soul Stealer.

Was hilarious :lol

Meteorain

Been playing some Warbeast recently. I knew I liked him for a reason; loving the way he shreds through the enemy.

Just started using a puzzlebox build and damn it's going good. I obviously play little ole jungle WB and go like this for the start:

+3 int, +3 str + HP pot
ToR x2 (1 into Chalice the other to counter the Chalice hp drain).
Alch
Marchers
PBox 3
Steam
Abyss

Throwing that up because it would be nice to read any comments/suggestions about how to play this guy. I'm not particularly interested in his viability at high-end, just how to play him. Exploring through the HoN forums is a bit of a pain, and a lot of people talk a lot of crap, over here on GAF everyone seems less likely to spout some BS (or so I hope!).

kagete

Meteorain said:
Been playing some Warbeast recently. I knew I liked him for a reason; loving the way he shreds through the enemy.

Just started using a puzzlebox build and damn it's going good. I obviously play little ole jungle WB and go like this for the start:

+3 int, +3 str + HP pot
Alch
Marchers
PBox 3
Steam
Abyss

Throwing that up because it would be nice to read any comments/suggestions about how to play this guy. I'm not particularly interested in his viability at high-end, just how to play him. Exploring through the HoN forums is a bit of a pain, and a lot of people talk a lot of crap, over here on GAF everyone seems less likely to spout some BS (or so I hope!).

I'm not a big fan of heroes that need to farm/jungle before they're fun to play but definitely get the damage buff up when you're not leveling your wolves. It's a massive help for your team and almost always on and free at level 4.

I like Shrunken Head (bkb) on War Beast if their team is disable-heavy. Sometimes I also get Brutalizer.

You should also be able to kill Kongor before level 10.

Meteorain said:

+3 int, +3 str + HP pot
Alch
Marchers
PBox 3
Steam
Abyss

Like prodigy said, needs shrunken head. It's all WB really needs.

Activate shrunken head/ult-->click on squishy int-->win

The hard part is getting to that point without your team mega feeding.

Meteorain

Yes, Shrunken head is a good item on WB, but rushing SH too quickly makes him weaker than he should be late game. Once you get the Alch bones, it's not hard to quickly farm up the SH.

Also, he's one of the highest hp carry hero's in the game. If you do it right, you might not even need SH bulldozing through them with sheer amount of HP coupled with lifesteal. Obviously this is situational and if they have all disablers it would obviously warrant a SH.

This is obviously just how I see it, that's all. I do see the merit of taking SH, and most of the time do. The items I put up were just a sort of base to work off.

Top Bottom