• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Sanjay

NukeDukem said:
I need to drag my smurf account into the 750 mmr range. I wonder what the quickest way to accomplish that is?

Play with MrMister.

Sebulon3k said:
I'll make the thread this time

DIBS

Sorry but Meeru already asked and is on it.

Anbokr said:
Who the hell called you a noob?

His bro Guesong called him a noob.

MrMister said:
I said if people think I'm on the same level as a noob, I'll play like a noob. Read every line I write.

Well to be honest we would not even notice the difference.

And for the IHL, having two teams with tiers for players is a great idea, giving bonus points to lower level players will give an incentive making a team with mixed levels of tiers, so if you put out your strongest team you would net minimum points.

IceMarker

A game that shatters your morale, even if you try your hardest to land every ability right.

45rRn.png

This is why the concede button was invented, I voted down that game twice just because Anbokr always told me there's always a chance, but in the end it just means you're wasting your time more, this is why you see me call concede votes, to avoid 60 minute long bullshit fests where my team should've won.

kagete

delirium said:
Look, here is what I was proposing.

My program would just take a list of match ids. Split out a ladder and ranking system and a Elo-based rating. After lets say 10-20 games, there should be enough data that a draft could be made accurately. Then, there will be a page where you can select 10 players from all the players available, and it will split out the two teams that are hopefully balanced from those 10 players you selected.

I think it's great work, but perhaps we should focus on how it would be a great tool to track IHL status for individual players and possibly team points once the league is actually running. Here's a few things to consider:

1. It would be great to start our tourney sooner rather than later because we risk delaying long enough for a dota2/diablo3 beta to come out and compete for our time and interest.
2. Match stats aren't even recording in HON right now :|
3. If we use 3 to 5 tiers to group players, I think we already know enough about most players to comfortably place them.

I think tiers don't necessarily have to be determined purely by committee. If a good player thinks he should be in Swag/Puppetyuber tier then he can just say so. If he insists he is noob tier we can start him out there, unless evidence suggests otherwise. Tiers don't have to be permanent too, as we should definitely re-evaluate someone who is performing well above or below his tier.

There are PROs and CONs to having more than 3 tiers but I think 3 or 4 will work best because we want the experienced middle-tier and newer players to affect games the most

Of course, delirium's idea of waiting and collecting data before we started would help with identifying players like agidot. I apologize for this MrMr because I have definitely made many balancing mistakes, especially concerning agidot. I hope you don't take it the wrong way when you're swapped left to right with a "new" guy because exchanges are never equivalent and I try to balance based on playstyle and possible team structure.

Anyway I had considered agidot as a new player in the first few IHs he played, and then as an average player. But after seeing him dominate so many games I believe he is already on the fringe of being top-tier. I would say he is a great ricer/carry and above-average ganker/support.

MrMister said:
A game that shatters your morale, even if you try your hardest to land every ability right.

This is why the concede button was invented, I voted down that game twice just because Anbokr always told me there's always a chance, but in the end it just means you're wasting your time more, this is why you see me call concede votes, to avoid 60 minute long bullshit fests where my team should've won.

Dude that looks like a great game, and could definitely have gone either way. you were down 65 to 66 kills when you lost? Only 1 kill behind at the loss, that meant you were even leading in kills before you conceded. Plus, your team was stacked too :| If I were to use my idea for tiers I would rate your team a (-3) or (-4) because I consider swiftlame a player on the level of loki/thor while the opposite team is only a (-1). Games can last 15 minutes or they can last 90 minutes, we all know this. You're very outspoken but try to be considerate of your team as well since you are playing with 4 other people. Is playing in an IH such a burden to you?

jeremy70583 said:
Damn do i really play that poorly drunk? Ok i gotta quit drinking...

Most people hit the hay after coming home drunk. You went 0-16 on monkey king with 25-minute ghost marchers, repeatedly walking into towers or groups of 5 enemy heroes to autoattack creeps. And next drunk game you're on the opposite team where you and Sanjay dumpster me while I was playing Devourer. :|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|

granted it was my first time playing MK, and not such an easy hero to play inebriated...much less soloing a lane. However, i want to watch the replay now and laugh at myself.

Guesong

MrMister said:
Sanjay stop.

For the record, I only put your name on the "Team Noobie Assemble for pro points" list because I had 1. Ran out of noobie names on top of my head and 2. Wanted to make a friendly jab.

If that is what triggered all of this, my apologies.

Also, concerning IHL and delirum app.........shouldn't we simply enter ALL IH played? I don't think we have much choice. Just look ; bzm wanted those games entered (because he did well, surely) and lo and behold, he's standing on top of ladder. Pretty sure he wouldn't have wanted to report a game where he was 2-5-5 though.

If we want to make it fair, then we have to be honest and leave e-peen behind. We should have, in each pre-game lobby, a volunteer or designated person that will make himself known and will enter the game into delirium's app, no matter the results.

There, entered a bunch of IHs from last night ; dismissed the one where azuki went afk forever. Dunno what it takes exactly for it to work on the app though? Because some of those I could see the stats but not download the replay, so dunno if it'll work.

Sanjay

Meteorain said:
There's something horribly wrong here....Sanjay has the most denies on Legion team!?

I was mid :|

kagete said:
I believe he is already on the fringe of being top-tier. I would say he is a great ricer/carry and above-average ganker/support.

And forgets to use his bkb in team-fights.

kagete said:
Dude that looks like a great game, and could definitely have gone either way. you were down 65 to 66 kills when you lost? Only 1 kill behind at the loss, that meant you were even leading in kills before you conceded. Plus, your team was stacked too :| If I were to use my idea for tiers I would rate your team a (-3) or (-4) because I consider swiftlame a player on the level of loki/thor while the opposite team is only a (-1). Games can last 15 minutes or they can last 90 minutes, we all know this. You're very outspoken but try to be considerate of your team as well since you are playing with 4 other people. Is playing in an IH such a burden to you?

Puppet was crazy doing loads of stupid charges with out any thought and the team just follows in to their doom. It's why they had kills.

We were one racks up and puppet throws by going in by him self without 5, rest of the team follows in except me and they all die and now their whole team pushes mid to take our mid racks which they did.. while I pushed bot lane and took the 2nd racks by my self. Hopefully an eye opener to why people should carry TPs with them at all times.

Sanjay

Guesong said:
For the record, I only put your name on the "Team Noobie Assemble for pro points" list because I had 1. Ran out of noobie names on top of my head and 2. Wanted to make a friendly jab.

If that is what triggered all of this, my apologies.

This is all your fault Guesong.

Guesong said:
Also, concerning IHL and delirum app.........shouldn't we simply enter ALL IH played? I don't think we have much choice. Just look ; bzm wanted those games entered (because he did well, surely) and lo and behold, he's standing on top of ladder. Pretty sure he wouldn't have wanted to report a game where he was 2-5-5 though.

If we want to make it fair, then we have to be honest and leave e-peen behind. We should have, in each pre-game lobby, a volunteer or designated person that will make himself known and will enter the game into delirium's app, no matter the results.

There, entered a bunch of IHs from last night ; dismissed the one where azuki went afk forever. Dunno what it takes exactly for it to work on the app though? Because some of those I could see the stats but not download the replay, so dunno if it'll work.

Your right, these so called pros don't want to be exposed for the fraud that they are and be put in Guesong Noobie team.

azuki said:
we shouldn't really put in old IH games into the new app. season 2 hasn't officially started yet
pretty sure this is just to determine rankings, then we would start fresh with a new system for season 2

Guesong

azuki said:
we shouldn't really put in old IH games into the new app. season 2 hasn't officially started yet

They are from yesterday!

I mean, once Season 2 officially starts, you gotta have some ranking! What do you suggest, that we wait till S2 starts, then play a bunch of IH, then enter those? Where's the difference? xD

nara

Banned
Guesong said:
They are from yesterday!

I mean, once Season 2 officially starts, you gotta have some ranking! What do you suggest, that we wait till S2 starts, then play a bunch of IH, then enter those? Where's the difference? xD

i was hoping once season2 starts everyone starts fresh

Sanjay blaming me for ganking with rest of the team while he afk without any map awareness. Sanjay tend to notice a team fight is happening when rest of his team dies; walking in with full hp trying to pick off heroes at low health and get raped.

BKB + Vanguard + Demonic on arach? lkajsdflkajsdf;lasjdf

Concerning IHL: I think having participants ranking each other is a quicker and more efficient ways of grouping people into teirs. If we group people based on IH games, then the following problems will arise 1: people that dont play enough wouldnt have an accurate rating (bzm/erwinzor/swiftlame/loki etc) / 2: punish the people that fool around in IH (we all do it from time to time).

OH and Moody you suck at PC games, GET WRECKED HIPSTER

"OH and Moody you suck at PC games, GET WRECKED HIPSTER"

Pick more games I haven't played in over a decade, dodge me more in games that I have played recently. Your ego still remembers the bruising it got on PSN.

Nice excuses bro, downloaded that game just to shut you up and deleted after I dumpstered you. We agreed on a game that we both played, unlike that PSN night. We played games which I have never played or rarely played, because your choice of games are shitty and limited.

CyayayayayayayayayaMiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiaia

"Nice excuses bro, downloaded that game just to shut you up and deleted after I dumpstered you. We agreed on a game that we both played, unlike that PSN night. We played games which I have never played or rarely played, because your choice of games are shitty and limited.

CyayayayayayayayayaMiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiaia"

We agreed on that game because it's the only one you would play. Plus, you went 11-11 the second game we played after I had got reacquainted with the game. The only reason we played those games on PSN is because you wanted to play them, remember? I didn't even have a TV hooked up to my PS3 at the time.

Then you QQ'd hardcore after the whole mumble saw how terrible you were, while I was streaming it. Delirium asked me to purposely get behind you just so I could show him what the weapons were like and you still lost. How do you lose to someone intentionally losing to you?

I had a 3-5 kill leads at all time throughout. I didn't QQ, but you keep rub it in my face, so I had to download a game that you played to rape ya ez.

"I had a 3-5 kill leads at all time throughout. I didn't QQ, but you keep rub it in my face, so I had to download a game that you played to rape ya ez."

3-5 kill lead is far from owning. Never winning a match in MVC2 and losing in Wipeout to someone trying to stay behind you is definitely getting owned. And you were SO salty while you were losing in Wipeout. SO SALTY. I forget who else we were playing Wipeout with and who all was in Mumble (I know at least Kag, Neki, and Delirium were there), but the sodium levels were so high I was concerned for your arteries.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
kagete said:
Most people hit the hay after coming home drunk. You went 0-16 on monkey king with 25-minute ghost marchers, repeatedly walking into towers or groups of 5 enemy heroes to autoattack creeps. And next drunk game you're on the opposite team where you and Sanjay dumpster me while I was playing Devourer. :|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|

Guess we know who the better devo is now kag.

Why do you keep saying I was salty? I wasn't even salty at all. I joined the game knowing I would lose, because I don't even play the game. When we played SFHD, I pretty much jump kick my way through, and still manage to win (just to show how bad that game is rofl).

Neki was playing Wipeout with us and he can probably vouch how dumb / imbalance that game is. It is worse than Mario Kart.

"Why do you keep saying I was salty? I wasn't even salty at all. I joined the game knowing I would lose, because I don't even play the game. When we played SFHD, I pretty much jump kick my way through, and still manage to win (just to show how bad that game is rofl)."

You won like twice out of a million games while I was playing random select.

Swag

PuppetYuber said:
Why do you keep saying I was salty? I wasn't even salty at all. I joined the game knowing I would lose, because I don't even play the game. When we played SFHD, I pretty much jump kick my way through, and still manage to win (just to show how bad that game is rofl).
You got trashed every game you played that night, was no contest son.

delirium

I gotta thank Guesong for entering those match ids, I tested them locally on my stuff and I discovered a huge bug. Apparently I didn't account for concurrency and some stuff that should be thread safe wasn't. That's fix now so the only bug I need to track down right now is a minor rounding error. It's the difference between procarbine being 3rd from last to last place.

bzm

Guesong said:

those were the two i played since the app was made nerd

nara

Banned
one thing i want to mention are multiple aliases on the ladder. i dont really like seeing multiple usernames on the ladder even tho they are one person

delirium

azuki said:
one thing i want to mention are multiple aliases on the ladder. i dont really like seeing multiple usernames on the ladder even tho they are one person
Well, in a real league, everyone should be playing under their mains. The system is just pulling stats off of S2's stat system. I could add a system that allows us to play under alts but its low priority.

azuki said:
so are +/- pts calculated using elo system?
Yes, where K-factor = 32.
I was thinking of adding a 2nd rating system using the Colley Matrix Method (which one of the computer ranking system is used by the BCS for college football, but that algorithm isn't free and I would need to ask him).

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
delirium said:
I gotta thank Guesong for entering those match ids, I tested them locally on my stuff and I discovered a huge bug. Apparently I didn't account for concurrency and some stuff that should be thread safe wasn't. That's fix now so the only bug I need to track down right now is a minor rounding error. It's the difference between procarbine being 3rd from last to last place.

I see what you did there.

Guesong

delirium said:
But its fixed. With the current matches submitted, you're 3rd from last. With PuppetYuber below you, and gdeceiver in last place.
http://hongaf.appspot.com/

*choke on his coffee*

Somehow I'm not sure Win % should be the determining factor in PSR. Me? Third? While Puppet and Pro are bottom gutter-trash tier? All I do is pick Flux and ult ; the fact that it oftens lead to victory is the result of a team effort for which I don't deserve credit.

Though I guess it'll smoothen out when more people put in their match and push me bottom.

Guesong

On a different matter, I have a friend (way better than me!) who would very much like to participate in In-Houses and TMM with you guys, but his GAF account seems to be taking quite long to authorize.

Is being an actual authorized member a strict requirement to pitch him an invite?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Anyone can play with GAF HoN if they want, there's no membership requirement.

We try to be as inclusive as possible.

NukeDukem

Banned
Halycon said:
Anyone can play with GAF HoN if they want, there's no membership requirement.

We try to be as inclusive as possible.

Meeru wanted to kick swiftlame clan neogaf cause he didnt have a gaf account, lololololo

Top Bottom