• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
valenti said:
man that bombardier game..==

I really want to give hik puzzle box..but he lacks a strong stun/ disable
Speaking of stun + puzzle. I just played tundra with puzzle chalice abyssal and steamboots.

lololllololooll.

Match 17888726 for some chain disabling akshun.

Polly with Cyclone + Sheepstick = lol.

Meeru

Banned
Halycon said:
Speaking of stun + puzzle. I just played tundra with puzzle chalice abyssal and steamboots.

lololllololooll.

Match 17888726 for some chain disabling akshun.

Polly with Cyclone + Sheepstick = lol.
nice. I like to go pk after puzzle 3. Life leech unnecessary when hero will be dead/almost dead after ur ult puzzle nuke combo

Haly

valenti said:
nice. I like to go pk after puzzle 3. Life leech unnecessary when hero will be dead/almost dead after ur ult puzzle nuke combo
I went abyssal for the bonus stuff it gave my minions. And because the life leech was convenient for long drawn out battles.

Meteorain

Finally got myself out of the terrible 1200s! Now onto the 1400s! One day, I shall be back to my normal 1600s....one day....

Kapura

Banned
I've found in sub-1550 pubs, a solo vj mid is pretty good. His base damage is good, and cursed ground is crazy imba for early ganks. At six, you should have 2 in cask, 3 in maledict, and the voodoo totem. That should be enough to kill any non-blinking enemy, and both sidelane enemies on a very good gank. Build SotM and you're good to go through lategame.

Meteorain said:
Finally got myself out of the terrible 1200s! Now onto the 1400s! One day, I shall be back to my normal 1600s....one day....

I'm hovering around 1400. Had a terrible losing streak where I got the worst teammates.

Haly

w8
mid
why
gona get 3rd mock
120dmg per sec
thye dont stack...

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I can imagine your "son I am disappoint" face perfectly, Val.

Swag

Can anyone help me understand why, if 2 people disconnect before 15 minutes and the game says I'm free to leave without penalty, that I lose PSR for the match when I had no chance to win because of leavers?

Never understood this.

kagete

Sebulon3k said:
Can anyone help me understand why, if 2 people disconnect before 15 minutes and the game says I'm free to leave without penalty, that I lose PSR for the match when I had no chance to win because of leavers?

Never understood this.

I think you don't get tagged with the Disconnect in your stats, but the opposing team still gets the win.

Personally, I believe that getting your opponent to ragequit/DC early game because of lane domination or repeated ganks is a valid strategy. S2games didn't take out the ability to chat with the opposing team in game so trashtalking can't be prevented. My brothers and I have run early game strats just for getting the spirit of one enemy crushed and ruin the game for him in the hopes that he'll quit (by either checking out of the game mentally or actually DCing) rather than tough it out and extend the game to 60 minutes where they could actually win. I've seen carries ragequit on their clanmates on 1800 no AB games so often that I think it actually happens more at that psr range.

Swag

kagete said:
I think you don't get tagged with the Disconnect in your stats, but the opposing team still gets the win.

Personally, I believe that getting your opponent to ragequit/DC early game because of lane domination or repeated ganks is a valid strategy. S2games didn't take out the ability to chat with the opposing team in game so trashtalking can't be prevented. My brothers and I have run early game strats just for getting the spirit of one enemy crushed and ruin the game for him in the hopes that he'll quit (by either checking out of the game mentally or actually DCing) rather than tough it out and extend the game to 60 minutes where they could actually win. I've seen carries ragequit on their clanmates on 1800 no AB games so often that I think it actually happens more at that psr range.

No your right getting people to RQ etc early is awesome but when it's because of timeouts / crashes it's kinda lame to have to eat a PSR loss

Swag

Lone_Prodigy said:
What's the time limit on remaking?

8 minutes, but its so rare for the vote to go through because at 4v5 unless your carries are farmed it's near impossible to win / not very fun. ( Which at the beginning of the game they aren't )

Practically free PSR for the other team, which gives them 0 incentive for voting yes.

I know it probably won't work very well, but that AI bot idea that Valve has may actually be a good thing :lol

Swag

newhero.jpg

GOD DAMN

Swag

Kapura said:
holy shit that is one badass looking motherfucker. Can't wait until it hits the servers in, like, 7 weeks :/

Pretty sure their trying to do a new hero every 2 weeks now

Meeru

Banned
- Added kill streaks, and other kill events to the player stats page
* This includes Smackdowns and Humiliations (the tracked Humiliation is not a failed attempt at a smackdown, but when you kill someone who taunted you)

- Touched up some effects on the main menu background
- Updated string tables
- Updated Catman Leader effects when he stomps

Tablet of Command
- Can no longer be used while immobilized

Harkon's Blade
- Can be toggled while stunned

Bombardier
- Tweaked sounds and effects slightly
- Added voice

Deadwood
- Slow from Willowmaker is now linear in how it decreases instead of down-up-down weirdness

Flint Beastwood
- Flare now does DoT damage over 2 seconds (initial hit, 1 tick after first second, 1 tick after second second)

Legionnaire
- Terrify is now properly applied in a cone in-front of him again

Pharaoh
- Wrath of the Pharaoh (with SOTM only) can now be toggled between targeting enemies only or enemies and allied heroes

smh

Kapura

Banned
hey val how do you build flint at the begining of the game? Early-game I noticed he has roughly 0 base damage. What do you skill first and what do you buy with the 603? I didn't know, yet still managed to go 8-6 on him after somebody on our team dc'd

Meeru

Banned
lone he always had that. Now its just toggleable.

Kapura i just get two duck boots, circlet and tango. the best tip in last hitting is looking at the ranged creeps attack anf coordinating with him.

Also i get the ranged first, although better to get first skill first..then alternate btwn that and his ministun.

Meeru

Banned
Swag I watched that game where you were arachna vs flint. On one occasion you were fighting against him where he also had 4 creeps attacking you. Why? You also deal 10 damage more than he does and yet he denied you alot..

I just played a game where I was arachna and opponent was flint. 18551468

Swag

Fucken Soul Stealer with Souls is almost impossible to out last hit mid, have to be super aggressive against him but so risky if their good with Demon Hand :lol

Swag

Lone_Prodigy said:
So is any team with valenti (and adequate support) an instant win? :D

We learned this isn't true last night :lol

Edit: Val how do you keep your GPM so high, do you just farm regardless of how far lane is pushed? Trying your best to avoid Ganks? Seems like your GPM is always around 320+ even with a hero like Vind

Insured

Good games yesterday, would love some more (FULL) inhouses sometime. I know I'm mostly online to play with friends but you can ask me to play again!

(The games if anyone happens to be curious)

Nome

Glad to see you guys dig the new hero concept :lol The entire hero is supposed to be pretty over-the-top visually (his name is a play on his visual concept, too).
If you have the test client, you can check him out there, but be forewarned as he is very much a work in progress, and we've already internally moved onto a different iteration.

We're going to be putting out content at a much faster pace now that we're all settled in at the new office. I have four complete, playable hero concepts myself sitting in the queue waiting to be added to the game :D

I also checked out the new matchmaking interface today for the first time. It's very intuitive, and if everything is running smoothly, will hopefully make everyone forget about the current MM fiasco :lol

Casval said:
Glad to see you guys dig the new hero concept :lol The entire hero is supposed to be pretty over-the-top visually (his name is a play on his visual concept, too).
If you have the test client, you can check him out there, but be forewarned as he is very much a work in progress, and we've already internally moved onto a different iteration.

We're going to be putting out content at a much faster pace now that we're all settled in at the new office. I have four complete, playable hero concepts myself sitting in the queue waiting to be added to the game :D

I also checked out the new matchmaking interface today for the first time. It's very intuitive, and if everything is running smoothly, will hopefully make everyone forget about the current MM fiasco :lol
Nice. I can't wait for new heroes to change up the metagame. Hopefully more ganking orientated as opposed to 60 minute farm fests :D

Haly

Kapura said:
wait what. How?
Watch it, I'm pretty surprised it works and somehow it doesn't completely gimp your team setup.

Top Bottom