• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Styles

Just saw the video for Moraxus(fits so perfectly), hilarious and informative at the same time.:lol Nice one S2, keep 'em coming.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
HoN Twitter:

v30z9u.jpg

Insured

There's still a long way to go before you can say it's mostly original content, but featuring some dota heroes and items though!

Nome

I think Moraxus has undergone more internal testing than any of the previous heroes we've released. He's an early game monster, but his effectiveness drops heavily late game.

Also, we'll be sticking with original content for the most part from here on out, and at a faster pace too. The next hero is already pretty much done :D

Meeru

Banned
I'm hoping its somewhat similiar to templar assassin...no burst damage spells..no throwing axes..no boom dusts...just some mind confusing refraction/ melding/ with slowing traps that give sight...sigh..

Maybe just some agi hero will be nice. A ganking/ late agi hero.

Swag

I'd like to see an original S2 AGI hero, would be nice to break up the pattern so far, not counting Flint cause that's pretty much Sniper.

Went 20-0 as Thunderbringer. :lol :lol IMMMORTAL played like 5 times. It was no stats but I was just trying to have an easy game for fun. Noobs don't know about that Thunderbringer rape

Swag

spermatic cord said:
Went 20-0 as Thunderbringer. :lol :lol IMMMORTAL played like 5 times. It was no stats but I was just trying to have an easy game for fun. Noobs don't know about that Thunderbringer rape

Thunderbringer with SoTM / Refresher / Nullstone / Bloodstone / Phase Boots = Rape.

Swag

Sanjay said:
Most heroes would rape with them items.

TB works especially because of the ultimate, 1600 burst across the entire map~

Although farming all of that up in a normal game is near impossible.

Kodiak690

Neo Member
I play LoL, mostly because it is free and other friends play it. Do they have a demo or free-play ever for HoN? I want to try it out, but I don't want to drop $30 without playing it even for a short amount of time.

Also, is the community any better as far as leavers, AFKers, etc goes? I can deal with verbal abuse, but I hate in LoL that people disconnect or AFK all the damn time.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I can send you a trial account if you PM me your email address.

Also you will be limited to no stat games which will have a leaver when there is a first blood, but when PSR is on the line people don't leave as often.

Insured

In terms of verbal abuse, HoN makes every gamer into a MONSTER. But you can play almost leaver/afk free with the stat tracking system and no leaver games with psr on the line :)

Meeru

Banned
Kodiak690 said:
I play LoL, mostly because it is free and other friends play it. Do they have a demo or free-play ever for HoN? I want to try it out, but I don't want to drop $30 without playing it even for a short amount of time.

Also, is the community any better as far as leavers, AFKers, etc goes? I can deal with verbal abuse, but I hate in LoL that people disconnect or AFK all the damn time.
Let me know when u can play and we can do some clan matchmaking

Match starts, we have a DC. We pause, then suggest remaking. The other team says they have no time and will quickly beat us 5v4. They unpause, we vote to remake (they oppose), our DC comes back. We proceed to stomp them and at around 15 minutes they start voting to concede. Our team has a laugh when one tells the other team they were right: it was a short game. :lol

Swag

Loving the higher PSR games, people are far more civil, and when they aren't it's funny even if the joke is at someone's expense

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
The new hero is 1/4th Morphling. Yaaaay

Also I read a post by Maliken that makes me think TMM will be up by Christmas.

Swag

Can't wait December 3rd for that new hero :D

Nome wasn't joking when he said hero production is being ramped up, I wish that the second skill ( fish stun ) would have a duration based off of distance traveled.

fuck drd. i got one of their members on my team. he was soulstealer mid and couldn't play him effectively(didn't gank as mid and dumb initiation or was never there) . then he blames me for our loss even though i was around 23-6 as swiftblade. what a trash clan

Swag

There's a direct correlation between being bad and not having a mic, or playing with sound.

Seriously how do people not play with sound / mics. Speakers and Microphones are so cheap now a days, HOW

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Sebulon3k said:
There's a direct correlation between being bad and not having a mic, or playing with sound.

Seriously how do people not play with sound / mics. Speakers and Microphones are so cheap now a days, HOW

Because they break and we're too lazy to replace them.

DON'T JUDGE ME

Swag

valenti said:
Some players play with music on..cough.

Can't wait for myrmidon

Lemmie put it this way, the ratio of players I've played with that are bad but use mics is far lower then those that are good that have mics.

Top Bottom