• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Sebulon3k said:
It's gonna be;

- AP ( Because of free accounts, when we do player tally, if it is found there aren't any free accounts, we gonna do BP )
- Drafting on the fly, as in teams are chosen by the 2 highest MMR players currently online
- In House Rating to determine wins
- Tiered brackets ( I'm not explaining this again )

OP won't be anything fancy, my photoshop skills suck.
Quoted for new page.

Swag

PuppetYuber said:
? Which mode would you rather do?

BD or BP are the fairest, AP is for new people, and AR is terrible. SD doesn't really let you strategies against the enemy team.

delirium

Archie said:
He was a junior member, too. cyacyacya
No he wasn't. He was regular. I remember checking his status right before he posted to see if he was junior or not to tell him he's going to get banned or not.

EDIT: If we do AP, we should at least use alternate drafting option.

Tomat

Sanjay said:
Join my Guild Wars clan, minimum requirements are you be a Greek Goddess.

You're pretty serious about that aren't you? Maybe I'll remake my character then, I'd like some people to play with every now and then.

Guesong

delirium said:
So, gold prices are 67% off right now.

FUCK. I'm 3 gold away from being able to buy a gold avatar.

I'd gift you 3 gold if I could, but alas.

Gotta say they baited me HARD on this one. Thought it was a System Error so I went on a shopping frenzy before it got taken down, but no, it's an official Ultra Merrick Sale.

I was had, cyacya.

(Also reading on forum a dude suggested this meant the BreakyCPK pack release on friday! That'd be grand wishful thinking but how awesome would it be....more awesome than Jon St. Jon I hope...)

Tomat

Guesong said:

Gotta say they baited me HARD on this one. Thought it was a System Error so I went on a shopping frenzy before it got taken down, but no, it's an official Ultra Merrick Sale.

I was had, cyacya.

(Also reading on forum a dude suggested this meant the BreakyCPK pack release on friday! That'd be grand wishful thinking but how awesome would it be....more awesome than Jon St. Jon I hope...)
Blow it out your ass.

Guesong said:
Don't get me wrong, I love Jon St. Jon. But not his voicepack. They should have went full Duke Nukem impersonation with it, tone and intonation and all, but in the voicepack he's just not that.
Blow it out your ass.

Guesong

Don't get me wrong, I love Jon St. Jon. But not his voicepack. They should have went full Duke Nukem impersonation with it, tone and intonation and all, but in the voicepack he's just not that.

Kapura

Banned
fffuuuuuuu

7qh3b.png

Guesong said:

I was had, cyacya.

How awesome Jon St. Jon is? I think you need more MS. PUDDING PACK in your life.

Card Boy

Banned
Lone_Prodigy said:
I think Jon St. Jon was contractually obligated not to go "full Duke Nukem" or else S2 could get sued for infringement or whatever.

I call BS. Its his own voice even if doesn't normally talk like that. How about all those other Arnie impersonators?

Tomat

Anyone up for some more Calc-GAF tonight? Sorry for bugging you all about that, and thanks to Alumnus and Binlong for the help.

delirium

Anyone here good with css and javascript/jquery? I was trying to add some features to the hongaf app but I think most of the things I was trying to do would be suited more for client-side scripting than server side stuff. I'm kind of rusty on the above, so someone who actually does this stuff would probably be more suited. You could also probably pretty up the table ladder (probably should be divs instead) and do all sorts of fancy stuff.

delirium said:
Anyone here good with css and javascript/jquery? I was trying to add some features to the hongaf app but I think most of the things I was trying to do would be suited more for client-side scripting than server side stuff. I'm kind of rusty on the above, so someone who actually does this stuff would probably be more suited. You could also probably pretty up the table ladder (probably should be divs instead) and do all sorts of fancy stuff.
Yeah I think I or maybe MrMr could get this done for you, what do you need?

delirium

jeremy70583 said:
Yeah I think I or maybe MrMr could get this done for you, what do you need?
I could just dump the data into a JSON file that you guys could manipulate. Probably better than me generating a table server-side. From there you could probably use JQuery to pretty up the data, have it so there's a button to show/hide people by tiers (for the IHL), min/max rating, people who played a certain number of games. It's probably much faster and better to do that stuff client side than me doing my shitty html tables.

There's also player and game data. With the player data, there's a history of a person's stats you could show on a graph using Google's Chart API. Just stuff like that if you want to get fancy. If not, you could probably make a better looking page with CSS than I ever could.

I mean, this is what a it looks like when you view individual stats for a submitted game.
xVCei.png

It looks very ugly.

roxya

delirium said:
You could also probably pretty up the table ladder (probably should be divs instead) and do all sorts of fancy stuff.

Tabular data should be in tables, not divs :) I've seen some crazy shit where people try to emulate tables with divs.

delirium

roxya said:
Tabular data should be in tables, not divs :) I've seen some crazy shit where people try to emulate tables with divs.
Well, the above is in a table. But the table generation logic is server-side. It would probably be better to manipulate JSON data with jquery/javascript rather than what I'm doing now.

Kapura

Banned
so i used those exactly 98 coins yesterday to purchase a symbol and an icon. I log on today to find a single cold coin where yesterday there had been 0. Nome, is this your doing?

Nome

Kapura said:
so i used those exactly 98 coins yesterday to purchase a symbol and an icon. I log on today to find a single cold coin where yesterday there had been 0. Nome, is this your doing?
It was :p

Guesong

Sebulon3k said:
That video is 42 minutes long, they really needed 42 minutes to list 20 things?

delirium6 said:
Top 10
10. Steam
9. Shop (specifically the way you don't need free slots for items to combine)
8. Voices
7. Practice mode (you can join another person's practice game)
6. Replays (you can filter them)
5. Familiar heroes
4. Graphics
3. Spectating (ability to jump in and out of live games, watch a game while waiting to mm)
2. IceFrog & Valve
1. Player perspective (spectating interface)

Bottom 10
10. No polish
9. Buybacks
8. HUD
7. No enemy mana bars
6. Leavers (no leaver protection)
5. No pause in matchmaking (they said Valve has confirmed this will not be added)
4. No forfeits
3. Beta key distribution
2. Delay (Source netcode and response delay but they can you can fix it ala CS interp settings)
1. Community (worst than HoN)

A Community worst than HoN?

Challenge accepted.

bzm

Guesong said:
A Community worst than HoN?

Challenge accepted.
did they mean hero voices? i didnt watch the vid but from what ive seen that isnt a plus at all. 90% of the voices sound the same, and sound pretty shitty tbh. not to mention stupid shit like kunkka saying "now that was a fail boat! XDDDDDDDD LOL!!!!!"
edit: tomat ill prolly hop on mumble after my stats test tonight, if you need help with calc

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
bzm said:
did they mean hero voices? i didnt watch the vid but from what ive seen that isnt a plus at all. 90% of the voices sound the same, and sound pretty shitty tbh. not to mention stupid shit like kunkka saying "now that was a fail boat! XDDDDDDDD LOL!!!!!"
edit: tomat ill prolly hop on mumble after my stats test tonight, if you need help with calc

Morphling has a Pixies reference. Dota 2 > HoN

Top Bottom