• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

rac

Banned
You guys are just to good for me. I mean I don't feel like I'm getting completely destroyed, but then I get four hitted by blood hunter for the rest of the game.

"Tek just letting u know tribes ascend is not that fun. Boring, two modes. Dota 2 > t:a"

I play Tribes for the CTF, bro. It could have only one mode and I'd be fine.

rocK`

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
"Tek just letting u know tribes ascend is not that fun. Boring, two modes. Dota 2 > t:a"

I play Tribes for the CTF, bro. It could have only one mode and I'd be fine.

Hell yeah, so excited for T:a, been playing tribes since dec 1998.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Just started playing DotA 2 this morning.. brother was playing all last night because I was tired as fuuuck.

First game played as Leshrac, did alright.. 4/3. Just got out of my 2nd game as Lina and...

4Xql9.jpg

I got sheepstick first, not staff, GET OFF ME

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Why is there still no DotA 2 OT? Didn't HoN have one in Beta or something? It's getting kinda tiresome slogging through all these DotA 2 posts lol. I love DotA 2 and all, but the posts just make me want to play it more and the chances of getting a beta key are like .001%.

Anbokr said:
Why is there still no DotA 2 OT? Didn't HoN have one in Beta or something? It's getting kinda tiresome slogging through all these DotA 2 posts lol. I love DotA 2 and all, but the posts just make me want to play it more and the chances of getting a beta key are like .001%.

Same. Feels like a kick in the pants every time I see one. :(

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Meeru will probably make one when the mass invites phase starts.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
One thing I never understood, is how come HoN doesn't have user-made mods like pudge wars (the real wc3 pudge wars, where the map was just for it :D) and stuff? I mean the awesome part about Warcraft III were all these DotA-esque spin offs and minigames. S2 opening up the engine would be pretty awesome.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't think the full map editor was ever released?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
It was released, but you can't upload maps to the S2 servers, or something like that. Basically there is no easy way for players to access custom content.

NukeDukem

Banned
Patch notes of dubious nature have already been leaked onto the interwebs. No use commenting or spectating on them until it's official.

Guesong

For a hero that deals 0 damage, looks like Thor did pretty amazing with Cthulhuphant this afternoon. :O

When a smurf goes all HUE HUE HUE HUE LEGION MIA MIA EZ EZ EZITO, you know it's Thor.

Or someone he's had a very bad influence on.

Nome

Lone_Prodigy said:
Can't make money off a map editor.

Also notice how Nome avoided answering Anbokr's question about balance tweaks. ;)
Pretty sure I answered a question about a balance patch yesterday in Gaf chat :p

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Nome said:
Pretty sure I answered a question about a balance patch yesterday in Gaf chat :p

What was the question/answer :D? I wasn't there :(. But if those leaked patch notes are true nome, I like what I see. Some melee buffs through items and regen (nothing too major), some nice tweaks to weaker heroes (again nothing to sweeping/major--I like that). But why you gotta nerf my silhoutte again :(? She's really strong, especially in the past month (competitively). But I feel like in the past few weeks, teams have faired a lot better against her.

I'm a little worried that the attempt to buff melee heroes (probably melee carries more specifically), might end up buffing melee tanks way too much. To me, melee tanks are already the easiest heroes in the game to play and can quickly get out of control (Ra, Kraken, Pred--hes kinda a carry tho, armadon, tree, and even the new cthuluphant to a certain extent). All this is moot anyway though, if those leaked SBT notes are fake.

NukeDukem

Banned
Anbokr said:
I'm a little worried that the attempt to buff melee heroes (probably melee carries more specifically), might end up buffing melee tanks way too much. To me, melee tanks are already the easiest heroes in the game to play and can quickly get out of control (Ra, Kraken, Pred--hes kinda a carry tho, armadon, tree, and even the new cthuluphant to a certain extent).

You forgot pestilence in your list of noob-friendly strength heroes.

Guesong

Meteorain said:
What are they doing to my fav hero?

T'would basically turn him into an unstoppable force of nature if you spammed his first skill all game long, as it would give you 3 INT per hero hit everytime.

Second skill is the same. Glyph would be reworked to slow enemy attack speed on enemy spell cast//boost ally attack speed on friendly spell cast.

Neki

Guesong said:
T'would basically turn him into an unstoppable force of nature if you spammed his first skill all game long, as it would give you 3 INT per hero hit everytime.

Second skill is the same. Glyph would be reworked to slow enemy attack speed on enemy spell cast//boost ally attack speed on friendly spell cast.

pretty sure the 3 int is a temporary boost.

Guesong

Ultimoo said:
pretty sure the 3 int is a temporary boost.

Doesn't say anything about a time limit, though.

Vindicator Rework
- Q: AoE cast, inflicts [40,80,120,160] Magic Damage. Vindicator gains 3 Intelligence per enemy hit. 15/12/9/6 cooldown.
- W: Identical
- E: On nearby spellcast (ally, enemy, or self), Vindicator gains [10,20,30,40] Attack Speed for 3 seconds. More generalized alternative: on enemy spellcast, enemy receives negative attack speed. On ally spellcast, ally receives attack speed.
- R: Identical

Anilusion

To Nome - Bug Report

Picking an early access hero only allows you to swap with other people who owns that early access hero, even after swaping to a non-early access hero.

For example, this just happened -

Player 1 picks Kraken
Player 2 picks Plague Rider
I pick Midas

Player 1 owns Midas, Player 2 doesn't.

I swap with Player 1, but I cannot swap Kraken with Player 2 since he doesn't own Midas.

Swag

Did you guys know that Parasite can hop into Tundra Bird? So ridiculously good, you get the super high vision and the stealth as well, played against a parasite that did this and just kept killing the supports on the map then running away. Was hilarious

Dreavus

Sebulon3k said:
Did you guys know that Parasite can hop into Tundra Bird? So ridiculously good, you get the super high vision and the stealth as well, played against a parasite that did this and just kept killing the supports on the map then running away. Was hilarious

Wow that is really cool. It's like having a Fayde ultimate at his disposal.

Top Bottom