• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

vocab

spermatic cord said:
Tablet of command: most underrated item in the game

Yup. I used to think it was pretty useless, but it has its uses.

Kapura said:
skad and vlad on predator is so much fun. Just finished a game where by the end I was rocking Abyssal, Frostwolf, and Daemonic. Combined with some great AoE from my team, I tore through heroes like paper. I was able to out-man contest Maliken. Felt so good.

4 steamboots build is so much better.

What's Orchid? I know Vanguard is Helm... Shaman's Headdress?

(Still getting a hang of DOTA terms... took so long to Google "BKB" as Shrunken Head. But now I keep saying it in-game since it's shorter.) :lol

Dreavus

Lone_Prodigy said:
What's Orchid? I know Vanguard is Helm... Shaman's Headdress?

(Still getting a hang of DOTA terms... took so long to Google "BKB" as Shrunken Head. But now I keep saying it in-game since it's shorter.) :lol

I think it's... Hellflower? The item that gives you a targeted silence.

Kapura

Banned
Yep. Orhcid is hellflower, mkb is Savage Mace, Mask of Madness is Insanitarius, force staff is Tablet of command, etc.

Darn I didn't login last night; was too busy playing Mount and Blade Warband. I can't believe I let my brother drag me into that massive timesink. :lol

Swag

We should probably try to pre arrange scrims instead of randomly asking people if they wanna play when we have 8+ online

Styles

Really like playing Myrmidon, though I'm starting to lose my cool now since I've been losing a lot more than I am winning.

I'm considering buying this. I played the beta a bit and enjoyed it, mostly anyways. How is the community in comparison to DotA? (I played it on-off for about 2 years) What has changed since the beta? Is playing in public games still as (mostly) horrible as in DotA?

Meeru

Banned
close to the edge said:
I'm considering buying this. I played the beta a bit and enjoyed it, mostly anyways. How is the community in comparison to DotA? (I played it on-off for about 2 years) What has changed since the beta? Is playing in public games still as (mostly) horrible as in DotA?
You definately found a good time to buy. Hon 2.0 should ease the community a bit with the inclusion of casual mode. The whole reason why community ccan get rude is because its such a team oriented game. One person failing (99% of the time) is all it takes to lose. But with cm, everyones exp flows at a similiar rate because there is no exp deny.

Since beta..lots has changed. The map is still dota (with some changes to map infrastructure)..but once u play it u will realize new heroes, new items (chalice, striders, orb items now more dota like), pub games are not as bad as dota..when was it bad as dota?

Swag

spermatic cord said:
I hate playing against the fish fucker. he's unkillable in the hands of a person who's not retarded.

Myrmidon has caused some of the best RQs I've seen since DOTA.

In any case insta ban for me currently, same with Moraxus, and DR.

Randomed Myrmidon in an AP game. He's interesting. I used him in a lane and his shorter range sucks, but his INT gain is so good. Squishy as heck though. I followed Swag's skill build (1 2 3 2 1 4 2 1) but I think I should've put an early point into skill 3 for escaping.

Kapura

Banned
Played as myrm. Ultimate doesn't seem like it would be worth it unless Myrm had a good farming ability to get tankier/carry items. I skipped ultimate, picked up BKB then eventually frostfield, felt good. His ultimate looks OK on paper, but in reality he just gets CC'd and destroyed if he goes in.

Swag

Kapura said:
Played as myrm. Ultimate doesn't seem like it would be worth it unless Myrm had a good farming ability to get tankier/carry items. I skipped ultimate, picked up BKB then eventually frostfield, felt good. His ultimate looks OK on paper, but in reality he just gets CC'd and destroyed if he goes in.

I tend to stay a bit back with Myr during team fights, usually only using the ultimate when its time to pick off people trying to run etc. He's too squishy prior to getting any defensive items like HoTBL to charge in.

But I never skip it, it's just too good in the laning / ganking phase.

Meeru

Banned
Sebulon3k said:
I tend to stay a bit back with Myr during team fights, usually only using the ultimate when its time to pick off people trying to run etc. He's too squishy prior to getting any defensive items like HoTBL to charge in.

But I never skip it, it's just too good in the laning / ganking phase.
His ult gives him 300hp. THe problem is when your allies start backing out when you seem to hitting the yellow hp area. That's what infuriates me the most. Its like you tank all the damage, so they start getting scared and think oh no our carry is bout to die so I gotta run.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Kotaku being Kotaku. And people willingly affiliating themselves to stereotypes they don't like.

What a world.

Meeru

Banned
Something I want to discuss

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=189892

Speaking of the first time Matchmaking is available, we want to lay out how the beginning will go. When 2.0 comes out, the Matchmaking button will be grayed out. This is because we will be doing several "focus tests" to work out any and all bugs with the system before we let it go completely open.

To which I made a topic called "Not making matchmaking available on HoN 2.0 is a bad move".
http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=190366
I personally will be playing 2.0 just for matchmaking. Not being able to play it on release is the worst possible tease I ever seen. Feels like all that waiting was for nothing.

Maliken closes the topic with the following response:
HoN 2.0 is launching with MM. Thread closed.

So I feel relieved, but I wish Idejder would edit his post too.

Troblin

Just to follow up, matchmaking will be released with Hon 2.0, but will not be immediately enabled.

S2 plans to enable matchmaking on specific days to stress test the matchmaking system and troubleshoot any problems. After all matchmaking issues have been addressed, S2 will release the widespread matchmaking system.

Meeru

Banned
Troblin said:
Just to follow up, matchmaking will be released with Hon 2.0, but will not be immediately enabled.

S2 plans to enable matchmaking on specific days to stress test the matchmaking system and troubleshoot any problems. After all matchmaking issues have been addressed, S2 will release the widespread matchmaking system.
Don't read my post

Kapura

Banned
There should be a mod for hero announcers that changes all announcements except for Magmus into Daggius saying "Bro put that shit back. It's not Magmus."

Or just a DRD voice pack.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
On the note of Myrm, I played him one time and had some pretty good success. I went fish/wave early, skipping the weeds and getting the ulti. I was mid, but I forget what I was going against. Anyway, I would just cast the fish, wave on to the target, ult, and smack him up. Ended up 11-4

Meeru

Banned
Procarbine said:
On the note of Myrm, I played him one time and had some pretty good success. I went fish/wave early, skipping the weeds and getting the ulti. I was mid, but I forget what I was going against. Anyway, I would just cast the fish, wave on to the target, ult, and smack him up. Ended up 11-4
I would just put one pt on wave and max the weeds. Radiance is a nice item on him too lol

Edit: on second thought...forget radiance..his ult is a set, static damage..beter to go puzzlebox..harkons will be nice because his ult is magic damage

So excited for 2.0...no more last second leavers or dodgers lawl

Arment

Myrm is pretty OP. Double stun has been hilarious to have for winning mid and ganking.

I've been building him tanky (HotBL/BH/BKB) with an Elder Parasite since his ult has capped magic damage.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I know it is only 11 AM, but I hope the patch isn't delayed. I haven't been this excited for a game since....Civilization 5, lol. I gotta start grindan my girl Glacius. :p

Meeru

Banned
Arment said:
Myrm is pretty OP. Double stun has been hilarious to have for winning mid and ganking.

I've been building him tanky (HotBL/BH/BKB) with an Elder Parasite since his ult has capped magic damage.
Whats ur user name?

Top Bottom