• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Nah he's not meeru, I looked at the matches.

this `mint character was getting shroud on everyone, went fws/bulwark on ws one time, and there were no boots of travel. He denied being swiftlame, I thought maybe loki, but it has to be puppet. Only puppet would solo queue smurf stomp.

Thorinbei

Neo Member
Cheeto said:
I'm going to poop on whoever went dual mid against me last night in the "fun" game... you just wait

Also Pebbles is fucking confusing

Here's what I usually do if I go mid with pebbles:

Get logger's hatchet, 3 minor talismans (this will just be enough mana for a combo by level 3), runes of blight, and a health potion (if you think you are not confident to be able your bottle within 2-3 minutes).

Pebbles usually is able to kill all heroes with at least 500 life with his combo (at level 4). Go on practice mode and try out going mid until level 3-4 (or just skip levels). spawn a level 4-5 Soul Stealer (to make up the loss of 2-3 minor talismans the soul stealer you're up against should have. or just spawn one with the same level if you're confident you'll be denying well enough to keep that person under leveled.) and keep practicing doing the combo until you perfect it. But doing the combo isn't always the best way of maximizing damage. That could be seen when you're kiting the person at level 3. You would usually do 2 hits, do a stun or toss then sneak in 1-2 more hits before doing the next skill. This usually makes up for the lack of damage your skills could do since pebbles hits at 67+ damage at level 3.

I hope this will be able to help you. Also it will be able to help you practice cs-ing with Pebbles who has an enormous base damage. It is one of the heroes I've really tried practicing because he's really strong early game-mid game. He could usually deal 1000+ by level 9/11 with proper combos. And he's really great for pubstomping because pubs are usually unorganized and people don't bother to group up to prevent pebbles from stomping on them.

Neki

Thorinbei said:
He could usually deal 1000+ by level 9/11 with proper combos. And he's really great for IHL stomping because IHLers are usually unorganized and people don't bother to group up to prevent pebbles from stomping on them.
fixed.

Sanjay

Pro will never walk again.
awfd07.png

We took bot racks then mid, then trying to get top we kept failing, they took mid racks while failing to take top but Temp finally got a ulti in after 60mins and the game was won. fyi we still did not take top racks, LOL. The creeps from mid and bot took the tree.

dorkimoe

the IH game we played last night was the most fun i have had in along time in the game. No rage, no salt, insanely close game. ALOT of fun

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Sebulon3k said:
Tomat, hope your taking lessons, every time you get blood lust, do 50 push ups, you'll be dropping the pounds in no time.
Best thing I've seen all day for sure. I'll do it, but I hope you mean every time I get bloodlusted. Getting bloodlust ain't really my thing, you know?

Seriously though, Im gonna do the HoN Workout Regimen.

Also thanks to some of you guys for encouraging me to go to that job fair today. Didn't get a ton out of it since they were looking for seniors and stuff, which I kind of expected, but I did get some information about different places. Thinking about applying for an internship with the FBI for next summer.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Tomat said:
Best thing I've seen all day for sure. I'll do it, but I hope you mean every time I get bloodlusted. Getting bloodlust ain't really my thing, you know?

Seriously though, Im gonna do the HoN Workout Regimen.

Then you could write a book to inspire everyone else tomat. Maybe go on the Oprah show? Owait you gotta go on ellen or something now.

Guesong

Tomat in the FBI?

Let's drill him some catchphrases so that HoNGAF can be infamous.

Arresting a corrupt politician? "Get crunched"
Receiving your pay? "Only the biggest pays for Tomat"
Easily winning a shootout with mafiosi? "EZITO, CYACYA"
A good flanking maneuver from a co-worker? "HUGE PLAYS"

Guesong

Can't wait to pay 250 gold for a superior alt model once again!

Bleh.

Kind of silly excuses. Not like this friday's patch will have much balance changes (new skin. Bew free hero, 2-3 bug fixes...)

Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised!

delirium

One thing I think Riot has over S2 is the ability to pump out much more skins at a faster pace. Maybe S2 should be looking to hire more artist/modelers/etc?

Swag

delirium said:
One thing I think Riot has over S2 is the ability to pump out much more skins at a faster pace. Maybe S2 should be looking to hire more artist/modelers/etc?
Aren't most LoL skins just a re texture, similar to Pestilence -> Ladybug Pestilence.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Sebulon3k said:
Aren't most LoL skins just a re texture, similar to Pestilence -> Ladybug Pestilence.

A lot of them have additional model work done to them. Even the reskins generally look better than the S2 reskins though.

delirium

Sebulon3k said:
Except they don't show you what the skin looks like. They show you an awesome concept art picture. Sneaky but it works!

Swag

Lone_Prodigy said:
lol Okami.
Amaterasu_image.jpg

S2fGal.jpg

GG.
delirium said:
Except they don't show you what the skin looks like. They show you an awesome concept art picture. Sneaky but it works!
It was like reliving the disappointment I had when I saw Queen Arachna for the first time.

Tomat said:
A lot of them have additional model work done to them. Even the reskins generally look better than the S2 reskins though.

There are however more remodels in HoN that have new voicework. I do wish S2 would pump out more alt avatars for us to play around with. Some heroes don't even have 1 alt whereas in LoL each hero has at least 2.

Swag

Phandy said:
Okami? Care to rip of anything more Iconic. Gonna have an Italian plumber as the next hero?
Should've made the hero look like this, and no one would've complained

To be fair though, isn't Amaterasu a part of Japanese Shinto religion? Maybe their just basing it off the same person, with very similar look.

I can't see anyone seeing that image and not thinking they copied Okami though.

PillowKnight said:
It doesn't look much like amaterasu, aside from being a wolf.
Same Circular type details on the fur, are a dead giveaway where it's inspired from.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
All they have to do is explain whatever folklore it comes from, like the monkey king monkey king stuff. I quite like it.

Phandy

Sebulon3k said:
http://i.imgur.com/UChoQ.jpg
To be fair though, isn't Amaterasu a part of Japanese Shinto religion? Maybe their just basing it off the same person, with very similar look.

I can't see anyone seeing that image and not thinking they copied Okami though.

Thats the point, regardless of whether they base it off the same thing, people already recognise that sort of thing in the gaming world as Okami.
Its like I said, making a character based of an Italian Plumber in overalls. Its just dumb because your inevitably making it similar to Mario.

Trolling right Pillowknight?

(also yes to that picture, as much as its creepy, it would have been soooo much more original)

Sebulon3k said:

Same Circular type details on the fur, are a dead giveaway where it's inspired from.
Those legs do look suspicious. There's a huge difference in art style though.

Top Bottom