• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Neki

dorkimoe said:
ikuu give me a dota 2 account :(

We had some awesome HoN games last night, with freakingchair, insured, swift, fulleh. That game where they kept porting all around was awesome haha

game where I carried tree? no problem.

Phandy

Ikuu said:
Honestly most of my Dota2 games have played out pretty similarly to HoN, the only difference is games that would be CC'd in HoN get played out in Dota.

Everyone witnessed my rage on mumble about this.
Possibly the stupidest shit ever. I still cant believe that anyone is against a 'concede' system.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Hmm I like this patch but s2 is still overlooking a major him staple: ranged dominance. I'd still take valk, flint, cd, or silhoutte over any melee besides magebane (even that's a toughie tho). Doesn't help that the strongest melee got scaled down a bit... Nerf ra and zephyr; but address what many call the ranged "triumvirate"--I think there's 4 or 5 heroes in there though.

Neckbeard

Anbokr said:
Hmm I like this patch but s2 is still overlooking a major him staple: ranged dominance. I'd still take valk, flint, cd, or silhoutte over any melee besides magebane (even that's a toughie tho). Doesn't help that the strongest melee got scaled down a bit... Nerf ra and zephyr; but address what many call the ranged "triumvirate"--I think there's 4 or 5 heroes in there though.

Bro, when I can carry with ease there's a serious problem. Silhouette needs huge nerfs.

Swag

Neckbeard said:
Bro, when I can carry with ease there's a serious problem. Silhouette needs huge nerfs.
Can't balance around 1400 bracket.
FromTheFuture said:
You're so easy to troll
KuGsj.gif
. Case in point. EZ
2s64t50.gif

nt. Real Talk, get mad, cya.

Cheeto

Neckbeard said:
What is it about Silhouette? Granted I'm new so the people I play against suck, but every time I see her played she doesn't do shit.

Swag

Cheeto said:
What is it about Silhouette? Granted I'm new so the people I play against suck, but every time I see her played she doesn't do shit.
Escape with a stun ( second skill ), Ult is also an Escape, Salvo Damage lets her be useful early versus other ranged that need items, AoE farming ability with kunai.

Neckbeard

Cheeto said:

She is admittedly more difficult than someone like aluna or valk, but when played right is VERY easy to dominate with. She scales incredibly well and can be extremely difficult to stop once the snowball starts rolling.

I'd say there is a minimum level of skill she should be played with. I believe I am just at that minimum, and I still get a minimum of 8 kills with a maximum of 2 deaths every game, usually with opponents conceding before 25.

I'm not bragging, because I know I suck; I'm saying she's OP.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Cheeto said:

She's a very hard hero to play effectively, but when played effectively, she is a VERY good hero. It's very tricky from a balance standpoint because silhouette is the ideal skill/reward hero. You could call her the skill/reward hero taken to the max--which I personally love. The only thing that makes her OP imo is she's a flint (carry potential wise-maybe a little bit better) that can port out of any fight and trip up enemy teams. Her ulti just needs some restriction like maybe a 1 or 2 second cd timer when attacked by an enemy hero so she can't just use a free "get out of jail (gank)" card every 90 (?) seconds.

Nice to see that Geomancer got buffed a little bit. They should reduce the CD on his dig to something like 3 seconds I think. Then he would be the most balanced hero ever.

Neckbeard

Just had a warbeast tell me

Its a team game not a competitive
That means carries buy wards.

He then proceeded to tell me he would not be buying wards, because he is not, in fact, a carry.

Neki

Neckbeard said:
Just had a warbeast tell me

Its a team game not a competitive
That means carries buy wards.

He then proceeded to tell me he would not be buying wards, because he is not, in fact, a carry.

stop playing with those 1400's.

Conceptor

Neckbeard said:
I cannot get out of this hole. It's like someone greased the sides with PAM.
Let's TMM up and get out of this hellhole. I used to play games with some friends who were learning the game, so we all slid down to 1300 or so and I've been crawling back since :T
vertop ci u suck

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
bzm said:
holy fuck ur a nerd

Mspudding: "Hi guys."

BZM: "MSPUDDING. BZM HERE, CAN I GET AN OFFICIAL S2 RESPONSE ON THE WHOLE COMPLEXITY/HONCAST SITUATION? WOULD BE NICE TO GET SOME S2 INPUT; I REALLY LIKED THE PART WHERE PAINTITGOLD TOLD BREAKY HE WAS FAT."

not as bad as sanjay or mrmr though, almost though...

Kapura

Banned
did he really say that

oh and i looked at the hooking guide. 12 minutes in, i realised i'd much rather be watching jiggle billy. So i watched PDAC 1&2.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Kapura said:
did he really say that

oh and i looked at the hooking guide. 12 minutes in, i realised i'd much rather be watching jiggle billy. So i watched PDAC 1&2.

I might have...embellished the original quote just a bit--for artistic reasons of course. But he seriously asked her what her opinion, as an s2 member, of the whole complexity/honcast situation was.

bzm

Anbokr said:
I might have...embellished the original quote just a bit--for artistic reasons of course. But he seriously asked her what her opinion, as an s2 member, of the whole complexity/honcast situation was.
the whole situation made honcast look really really bad, and theyre a business partner of s2games, so i was genuinely curious what they thought of the situation. i woulda asked nome if he was there -- didnt really have anything to do with whether or not it was pudding

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
bzm said:
holy fuck ur a nerd
bzm said:
the whole situation made honcast look really really bad, and theyre a business partner of s2games, so i was genuinely curious what they thought of the situation. i woulda asked nome if he was there -- didnt really have anything to do with whether or not it was pudding

LOL

Top Bottom