• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Sanjay

Teknopathetic said:
"I think fewer than 10. Moody was passing them out like candy, but ran out."

I think you mean Ikuu. I only handed out two.

What? did not want to fleece them off on ebay for 3G's a piece, ezzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Ikuu:-
my-man.jpg

Neckbeard

So I just read through Paintitgold's posts. I just lost a tremendous amount of respect for the NASL and gained a tremendous amount of disdain for Breaky/Phil/Honcast. I'm going to see about getting a refund for my season pass.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Sebulon3k said:
Ikuu
Myself
Moody
Procarbine
Anbokr
MrMr
Kagete
Thorinbei
Haly
Phandy
Kapura

You forgot me.
TDQKe.gif

Of course I guess I'm technically not HoNGAF since I abandoned you guys to farm hats. :(

kagete

nah man, you're OG from the beta <3

but you also have 7 freaking steam accounts with dota2... btw where's the beta |OT|?

Neckbeard

8-0 succubus and i still lose. 0-7 magebane typing NO SS NOOBS in chat the entire game. Not to mention the 0-7 nymph and 2-6 keeper.

This fucking game should be illegal.

Guesong

Neckbeard said:
8-0 succubus and i still lose. 0-7 magebane typing NO SS NOOBS in chat the entire game. Not to mention the 0-7 nymph and 2-6 keeper.

Just pick Keeper yourself and proceed to destroy opponents.

Btw what about that desinstall !

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
kagete said:
nah man, you're OG from the beta <3

but you also have 7 freaking steam accounts with dota2... btw where's the beta |OT|?

I have 7 accounts that entered. Only my main one got in. Maybe Valve realized "derpderpderp000" wouldn't give constructive feedback!

Neckbeard

New all-time low: start the game off with a double tap first blood; proceed to kill a third 30 seconds later. get a 4th shortly after. Then lend my bottle to a magmus with a regen rune in it. He proceeds to place the bottle on the ground and destroy it. The team then kicks me. Obviously some choice words were exchanged after he destroys my bottle, but what the fuck am I supposed to do.

This community is a fucking joke.

I guess I'll use Report a Player function.... Oh wait, that's completely pointless.

GG HoN. You're fucking dead to me.

TUSR

Banned
Neckbeard said:
I just pray it's not going to be a F2P model. Give me a $50 game please to keep out the third-worlders. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TAKE MY MONEY.

I would pay this 50$ just for the fact that there wouldn't be a language barrier.

Also this is complete fucking shit. no Dota2 beta, no D3 etc etc qq

kagete

Ugh come on guys, try to be more cosmopolitan. I'm a poor third worlder too. When HON implemented its region locking I lost 100 people on my friends list, maybe half of which had to buy their accounts through me or my brothers. Third world countries buy games too :( Not a lot, admittedly because of piracy, but a lot of us shelled out for HON, even multiple times like my friends and family did with subaccounts.

Also, a lot of third world countries have English-speaking populations. In the case of Filipinos, every middle class family will raise their kids with English as their first language. It's not uncommon to have households where speaking Filipino or watching Filipino TV was prohibited.

Guesong

He think he said thirdworlders in order to be politically correct, not because he hates them.

Talk about backfire!

But yes, I wouldn't mind paying 20 bucks for DOTA2 if only to keep those trollishs despicable people out.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Neckbeard said:
New all-time low: start the game off with a double tap first blood; proceed to kill a third 30 seconds later. get a 4th shortly after. Then lend my bottle to a magmus with a regen rune in it. He proceeds to place the bottle on the ground and destroy it. The team then kicks me. Obviously some choice words were exchanged after he destroys my bottle, but what the fuck am I supposed to do.

I guess I'll use Report a Player function.... Oh wait, that's completely pointless.

Wow. That is.....damn.

Neckbeard

I don't care about being PC

The fact of the matter is Brazilians ruin nearly every game they're in. I don't want that. If I play on the NA server for a number of reasons, the least of which is the language barrier.

Yes I realize Brazil is not a third-world country, I was being facetious.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
kagete said:
Ugh come on guys, try to be more cosmopolitan. I'm a poor third worlder too. When HON implemented its region locking I lost 100 people on my friends list, maybe half of which had to buy their accounts through me or my brothers. Third world countries buy games too :( Not a lot, admittedly because of piracy, but a lot of us shelled out for HON, even multiple times like my friends and family did with subaccounts.

Also, a lot of third world countries have English-speaking populations. In the case of Filipinos, every middle class family will raise their kids with English as their first language. It's not uncommon to have households where speaking Filipino or watching Filipino TV was prohibited.

get out plz; you're dead to me kag.

delirium

Neckbeard said:

I think RAP works. Just ask Swiftlame.

Guesong

Neckbeard said:
I don't care about being PC

The fact of the matter is Brazilians ruin nearly every game they're in. I don't want that. If I play on the NA server for a number of reasons, the least of which is the language barrier.

Yes I realize Brazil is not a third-world country, I was being facetious.

Now now, I'm pretty sure asians/caucasians/black americans are not anove brazilians in manner, let's not generalize.

Matter of fact, I never understood the whole Brazil and HoN thing.

bzm

Guesong said:
Now now, I'm pretty sure asians/caucasians/black americans are not anove brazilians in manner, let's not generalize.

go play some solo mm and then get back to us on this one

Neckbeard

I know I'm not a good player, but at least I'm not a moron. I know there are only a few roles I can fulfill and I stick to them. In my experience foreign players don't seem to care, or are perhaps just more brazen. Maybe it's a cultural thing...

Neckbeard said:
I know I'm not a good player, but at least I'm not a moron. I know there are only a few roles I can fulfill and I stick to them. In my experience foreign players don't seem to care, or are perhaps just more brazen. Maybe it's a cultural thing...
I'll make a new smurf and easy mode carry you out of the 1400s, while I /wrist for not having a dota2 beta key.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Guesong said:
WC3 servers were region locked. You had USEast, USWest, Asia and Europe. Now, DOTA was pretty popular in South America, I guess, because it used the WC3 engine which ran fine on just about everything. But there was no South America server. Brazilian DOTA players tended to hang out on USEast (and I guess sometimes USWest). Among the many many DOTA games, you'd see a game here or there labeled BR, for Brazil. Those games were far and few in between, so you'd get Brazilians in normal games. The problem is that the B.net servers didn't handle distance very well, so BR players almost universally lagged, stalling the game. Remember, back then, most games would not continue unless the host could communicate with every players' computer. So you had players that did not communicate with the rest of the team, and lagged the game. I think that's where the whole BR thing started, it carried over to HoN and LoL because Brazil still plays on USEast servers.

kagete

Sorry didn't mean to sound that way... I'm just overly sensitive to this stuff sometimes and tend to react too quickly. I think the Brazil hate started even back in DOTA because a large number of them would play on NA servers but would generally stick together or completely ignore english speaking players, huehuehueing all the way to the 50 minute mark while their teams get dumpstered 30 to 5 until their one friend that's playing SW farms his mock to try to win back the game.

I guess Filipinos are worse, they're going to try a nerd gank at level 1 and get surprised if you don't join them. Also if you cast any skill in your lane that's their signal to go balls deep and suicide dive, then they blame you for not going in with them and decide to feed the rest of the game, ezito.

Neckbeard

Phandy said:
Pretty sure it still is. They have some parts doing ok, but mostly they still have a tonne of problems.

I was insensitive, I didn't mean to insult anyone. I was really just being a dick for being a dick's sake..

Phandy

Neckbeard said:
I was insensitive, I didn't mean to insult anyone. I was really just being a dick for being a dick's sake..

Oh don't worry about that. I was just wading in on the 'is Brazil a Third world country or not' debate.

I understand your plight too.
My advice, stop playing soloMM , only play when you have ATLEAST 2 people you can play with. eg GAFfers. Everything will go much much better.
Now a days I get frustrated playing with just 1 public person playing with us.

Meteorain

Phandy said:
Pretty sure it still is. They have some parts doing ok, but mostly they still have a tonne of problems.

It hasn't been for quite a while and is a powerful nation in the WTO!

Also fuck whoever looked at the dota 2 surveys, where the hell is my key?

Conceptor

So guys,

Would those of you who have shown interest in writing guides (i.e, Haly), or sharing helpful information for newer players (delirium, Kag+bros, Alumnus, Swag, pro, etc.) be willing to contribute towards a legitimate HONGAF worthy beginners guide for DoTA 2? It doesn't have to be much, as even a few tips or comments that might not seem to much to you could teach newbies a thing or two. Stuff such as explaining percentage stacks, procs, pathing, creep stacks and jungling, lane pulls, warding, counter-warding, types of strats, physical vs magic, the works.

I dunno, just throwing it out there. I have somewhere I'd like to go with this so I'm just curious if anyone other than the few people I mentioned would be interested. Even something simple such as, 'Don't get items with evasion properties on a hero that is meant to take damage' could help.

Y/N??

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Y, but after I finish with schoolwork.

Approaching finals week and I'm putting off shit.

Neckbeard

Conceptor said:
So guys,

Would those of you who have shown interest in writing guides (i.e, Haly), or sharing helpful information for newer players (delirium, Kag+bros, Alumnus, Swag, pro, etc.) be willing to contribute towards a legitimate HONGAF worthy beginners guide for DoTA 2? It doesn't have to be much, as even a few tips or comments that might not seem to much to you could teach newbies a thing or two. Stuff such as explaining percentage stacks, procs, pathing, creep stacks and jungling, lane pulls, warding, counter-warding, types of strats, physical vs magic, the works.

I dunno, just throwing it out there. I have somewhere I'd like to go with this so I'm just curious if anyone other than the few people I mentioned would be interested. Even something simple such as, 'Don't get items with evasion properties on a hero that is meant to take damage' could help.

Y/N??

You don't want me guiding anyone, but I can certainly edit for clarity and grammar.

bzm

Neckbeard said:
You don't want me guiding anyone, but I can certainly edit for clarity and grammar.
I dunno, the community could use a Moustachio's guide to getting mad, rageuninstalling, and yelling at your wife.

Top Bottom