• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

IceMarker

Sebulon3k said:
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?
LwlqD.gif

Valygar

I've tried to play HoN again to hype down Dota 2, and it's been... interesting. I chose Flint Beastwood (yes, bad pick for a newbie) since nobody dared to pick a carry. I tried to make a Devourer go mid but they said they played a lot of dota but almost no HoN, so he didn't wanna.

I went in mid against pebbles. First I didn't know how to last hit/deny properly. At level 4 this knowledge returned to me again and I was farming and denying pebbles. Until he decides to use a combo on me and drop me back to 30% health. I drank a potion, and proceded to farm again. But when he turned level 6 before me, he combo'ed me again and killed me in the spot.

The other players on my team were... better than me, but not amazingly good (except maybe devourer). They didnt want to buy wards, and pebbles was constantly in our forests farming/looking for a gank. I decided not to buy wards as well, as I was not getting any farm (first error).

In the mid game I was 4/5/5, level 10, with 46 creeps or something like that. But pebbles on the enemy team had a portal key and was level 14-15. The lack of wards made us lose the game in the end, they played with better teamwork.

The end result was 4/10/6 or something like that. I didn't do as bad as I thought I would do, specially considering I was their first focus and I was playing a carry. But this made me realize why this gameplay is better than LoL's. There, I would have probably rolled flash and escaped from lots of ganks. Wards are cheaper on LoL, so I would have bought some to farm/cover me. Here, I couldnt, I was playing bad, they were playing better, and I was shot down as a carry.

Maybe I'll play some more. I really would like a bit more experience before Dota 2 comes. And I didn't remember how fast the games are here compared to LoL, that's awesome.

Guesong

Phandy said:
OK, so I missed it.
But PPLLEEASSEE tell me Sanjay was there to use his sexy british voice and seduce her????!!!

No, he wasn't.

And yes, Pudding was on Mumble playing LoL with some HonGaffers.

You people don't read my posts anymore don't you? :(

Guesong said:
Sanjay sleeping peacefully, with MsPudding on Mumble inches away from him.

2 pages ago!

Swag

Guesong said:
No, he wasn't.

Nvm this is not as exciting as it could have been.

Boken

Banned
Guesong said:
No, he wasn't.

2 pages ago!
Pudding was a darling.
I swear she sounded like a sexy female robot at the start though.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Sebulon3k said:
Nvm this is not as exciting as it could have been.

You didn't miss much, as expected; it was like a celebrity surrounded by swarms of paparrazi--questions and lights bouncing around like a two year old high on Halloween candy. I'm pretty sure every sentence started with, "Mspudding," and ended with "?"

Anbokr said:
You didn't miss much, as expected; it was like a celebrity surrounded by swarms of paparrazi--questions and lights bouncing around like a two year old high on Halloween candy. I'm pretty sure every sentence started with, "Mspudding," and ended with "?"
So, like a game of BF3? Lol at Pudding playing LoL.

Had some good solo MM games to make up for the lack of IHL last night. Sucks though when you jump in someone as Empath and they don't go in.

Guesong

PuppetYuber said:
everyone is playing dota 2 but me.
g
g
g
g
g
g
g

I'm not playing DotA2 either if it's any consolation.

We'll see about those invites today, if they still don't appear I'll plug you into the community account.

it's just so fun to see you squirm meanwhile huehue

Nome

Hey guys, this is super important.

If you could nominate one representative of Hongaf, who would it be? Serious question, please don't troll. This person is...
-well-liked
-trustable
-can keep secrets
-not Puppetyuber

Kapura

Banned
bzm said:
maybe nome should add "-plays hon" to his list of requirements PCE
bzm coming in for the big trash talking. I would like to request that bzm be completely removed from any list of potential gafreps.

bzm

Kapura said:
bzm coming in for the big trash talking. I would like to request that bzm be completely removed from any list of potential gafreps.
Bro:
-well-liked
-trustable
-can keep secrets
-not Puppetyuber
I only fulfill one of those. Can you guess which?!

Swag

rac said:
Mid games are just going by so fast. Must have over 10,000 gold coin already in the app so far.
lol your still stuck in the middle. Only like 19 people qualify for coins though.

MrMister said:
Yo don't dis midwars bro it's some fun shit
bKi4D.gif
I've watched this episode of PowerPuff Girls before.

rac

Banned
Sebulon3k said:
lol your still stuck in the middle. Only like 19 people qualify for coins though.
yooooooooooooo, I don't really play mid games. Who would actually play that shit?

Conceptor

lttp but Pro and Kag yeah.

Moon's stream is all sorts of funny right now. Dude's team is throwing hard and he's ragging on his buddies and pub teamates. Macros and BM left and right loll 2EZ GGGGGG GET ON MY LEVEL

Top Bottom