• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Phandy

Gentleman; something hon related:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijlXwP00gqA&feature=related
The music is perfect.

Also. Not humour this time:
Series of videos about quirky stuff in hon that some apparently still work.
There is like 6 of these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=1Mj-375ps6I

Using Gadgets to move up and down cliffs? Anyone know if that still works?
Orb effect attacks dont get creep aggro. eg Vinid and Arach. awesome.

Edit. Another cool one. Moraxus' magic shield blocks devourers hook?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_GU7GNbM0z4#t=231s

kagete

Phandy said:
/QUOTE]

I couldn't watch any of the videos here at work but this bit has always been the case in dota if you selected your attack-modifying skill like webshot, and then clicked the hero with it. Turning it on autocast and right-clicking an enemy hero will still aggro creeps though.

TUSR

Banned
kagete said:
Phandy said:

I couldn't watch any of the videos here at work but this bit has always been the case in dota if you selected your attack-modifying skill like webshot, and then clicked the hero with it. Turning it on autocast and right-clicking an enemy hero will still aggro creeps though.

Where you work bro

Phandy

Tomat said:
HEY BROS, DOTA TONIGHT?

I LIKE PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.

Who are you and what have you done with the real Tomat.

Also that video made me realize that legionnaire has to be a pretty good counter for some heroes. Like Demented or Accursed - instant death through unbreakable or ulti.
Ive been getting fed up playing against Demented recently.

Also this for Legionnaire:
3:15 lvl6 Jungle. Pretty impressive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGsvNf3iJQo&feature=related

Neckbeard

Phandy said:
Who are you and what have you done with the real Tomat.

Also that video made me realize that legionnaire has to be a pretty good counter for some heroes. Like Demented or Accursed - instant death through unbreakable or ulti.
Ive been getting fed up playing against Demented recently.

Also this for Legionnaire:
3:15 lvl6 Jungle. Pretty impressive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGsvNf3iJQo&feature=related

lol no catmen gg.

also i think that's pretty old. You can't stack at :52

edit: actually that's not the new spec interface, which i think was the same patch. that's still pretty cool.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Demented hardcounters Legionnaire actually.

Legionnaire: Taunts a bunch of minions at the same time to trigger a lot of spinning
Demented: Lures heroes into a group of minions to heal bomb them

Legionnaire: Charges at someone to get in range to taunt
Demented: Ministuns to interrupt spells and slow/stun for kiting.

Unbreakable really isn't that important to a DS. It's useful, sure, but it's not DS's bread and butter.

bzm

Halycon said:
Demented hardcounters Legionnaire actually.

Legionnaire: Taunts a bunch of minions at the same time to trigger a lot of spinning
Demented: Lures heroes into a group of minions to heal bomb them

Legionnaire: Charges at someone to get in range to taunt
Demented: Ministuns to interrupt spells and slow/stun for kiting.

Unbreakable really isn't that important to a DS. It's useful, sure, but it's not DS's bread and butter.
lol

Guesong

Nome said:
So, I just got MW3. This is one of the worst games I've ever played. Back to BF3 :(

I almost got it.

Then I saw the quick scoping videos, and the absolute zero recoil on every gun, and the same graphics as 3 years ago.

Just awful compared to Battlefield.

Nome

Guesong said:
I almost got it.

Then I saw the quick scoping videos, and the absolute zero recoil on every gun, and the same graphics as 3 years ago.

Just awful compared to Battlefield.
I don't care about quick-scoping, nor do I care about the recoil.

The problem I have with it is they changed it to a true corridor shooter. There are no open areas at ALL in the entire game, not even in a single map. It feels more like Doom than CoD. Also, FoV is locked very low. It's disgusting.

loki_demi

Neo Member
Ikuuuu! Can you send me that steam acct info again? Thorin needs that carry badly

And for those who want to get carried in hon to 1600--}infinity just tell me. Ill try to jump on mumble tom night. Or we can get some friendly competitive too. Btw I got my tearfetish to 1940s mmr now :D GG

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
loki_demi said:
Ikuuuu! Can you send me that steam acct info again? Thorin needs that carry badly

And for those who want to get carried in hon to 1600--}infinity just tell me. Ill try to jump on mumble tom night. Or we can get some friendly competitive too. Btw I got my tearfetish to 1940s mmr now :D GG

carry me to 1900s plz

no more BJs though

loki_demi

Neo Member
Ugh I hate that I can't see censored text :( fail mobile

Nvm found out how to. Copying and having to paste it is such a bj itself.

Gotta check my replays then bokr ahohoho

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Everyone on Mumble has done a good job to make me feel bad, and even slightly regret my MW3 purchase.

Conceptor

Impressions from my first two games of Dota 2 -

Game looks really cool. Still a little confusing navigating some things in-game, but overall very clean.

My last hitting went to shit, though.. game froze up and had a hard crash during my first real game, so by the time I got back in, I was level 3 while Jugg/Dshaman were level 8 :<. Also it feels very slow as compared to HoN. I need my ctrl modifier for item hotkeys :(. Does the main hero bar/UI overlap onto the Q and A item slots for you guys by any chance?

Shoutouts to Rac and his huge 19/3/23 Lich and OC for his generosity

And just wondering; does the main hero bar/UI overlap onto/partially cover the Q and A item slots for you guys by any chance?

Neckbeard

loki_demi said:

I'm in. I will continue the BJs though.

Swag

MoonMeander, is some type of hustler genius, $200 off a Dota 2 key, $150 off people paying to play games with him, and a BF3 key.

The Fuck.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Not sure why anyone would pay $200 for a key at this point, seen people selling them for copies of Skyrim and around that value.

mrbagdt

Nome said:
I don't care about quick-scoping, nor do I care about the recoil.

The problem I have with it is they changed it to a true corridor shooter. There are no open areas at ALL in the entire game, not even in a single map. It feels more like Doom than CoD. Also, FoV is locked very low. It's disgusting.
im happy to hear that you didn't like mw3, im glad i didnt pick it up. i bought bf3 because i think those games are just more 'fun' (like saints row compared to GTA). i still havnt activated the online tho and im just playing the single player... i tried to activate but the site was down or something and i got confused.

Cheeto

Ikuu said:
Not sure why anyone would pay $200 for a key at this point, seen people selling them for copies of Skyrim and around that value.
I'd honestly consider paying this at this point but I have no idea where these people selling them exist

Guesong

Flaming Deadwood.

No different spell effects, no different voice pack.

3000 silver coins.

............................I give up on logic.

Phandy

Woah now. DOTA2 is not worth $200, no way.
Its good, and its fun to be in the beta. But holy hell its not worth $200.
Go play Skyrim for like 2 weeks and youll get a key soon.

mrbagdt

Phandy said:
Woah now. DOTA2 is not worth $200, no way.
Its good, and its fun to be in the beta. But holy hell its not worth $200.
Go play Skyrim for like 2 weeks and youll get a key soon.
from all the time i've spent watching streams of people playing, i really dont feel like the game is a massive step up from HoN anymore. there was so much mystery and hype at the beginning, i feel like i've had a GTA4 reaction to the game now. i dont have any friends that play games like this so i dont have any 'ins' to get into the beta, but the aura of elitism is so high that i doubt i would go out of my way to play it if i even had a key.

kagete

Hmm I constantly flip-flop between 2 polarizing opinions of the game but make no mistake, dota2 will be legit. Remember HON a year or so ago when every Friday patch was something meaningful and the game appreciably improved with each one? Dota2 is like that right now but with even more of the elitism you mentioned. Getting to spec in near-realtime or even group up with or against my HON/dota1 idols, even if unintended, is really cool. Like in the game Ikuu posted, there are only 1000 players online, and you get to play with mrSwish and hyhy!

There are so many things that are wrong with the game right now, but these same problems are the easiest to fix too. The metagame is definitely dragged out compared to HON now but I'm 90% sure now that Valve is looking at the right issues and will probably try their own statistics-driven solutions. The patch notes they have right now have the same flavor and detail that those older HON patchnotes gave you, hinting of so much tweaking behind the UI.

It's pretty much gaining in momentum now, and getting in early is a major GETHYPE feeling that most gaffers really look for in closed betas such as these. Once the following 3 things happen with Dota2 I imagine myself really investing more time in it:

-Change the colors of the Dire/Radiant Creeps so they don't look the same. 90% of the time I've spent in dota2 the past 2 days has been just trying tweak my contrast and other settings to try and help me discern them from each other.
-Get more of GAF in beta
-Fix all the little shop buying issues or allow yourself to recover from them. Oh and get better courier icons, those are shit and look like theyre from a shit game 15 years ago.

Sanjay

Dreavus said:
Solo top (Hellbourne)as repulsor...

Didn't work out well. For some reason I thought he had more attack range. =S

Double stack two different camps at once, then pull one. Level up then go jungle Repulsor and gank once you hit 6. When the lane is lost, it is lost, better to win other lanes by helping out.

streamed WDC last night, saw a furion pulling ancients and blocking the spawn with sprout, forcing the ancients to go around river, targeted by creeps and first tower. damnnnn

Top Bottom