• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The best vindi is one that no one picks.

Annoying to have on your time (lol squish) and annoying to play against (lol chaincasting)

Haly

What is this a web app why can't I watch in game.

Can I?

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
You'd have to be in the lobby and speccing, and they wouldn't let you in. The second game just finished, 80 minutes of the most epic hon I've seen.

Haly

Procarbine said:
You'd have to be in the lobby and speccing, and they wouldn't let you in. The second game just finished, 80 minutes of the most epic hon I've seen.
Yeah I mean why haven't they implemented a stadium mode yet
Seems obvious for shit like this.

Kapura

Banned
I bet this spamming of people is going to put a fire under S2's collective ass to create better security for competitive play.

Haly

Outcarried a fed swift with, get this, engineer.

Proud moment today, proud proud moment.

Elixist

Kapura said:
I bet this spamming of people is going to put a fire under S2's collective ass to create better security for competitive play.

Ya I've never watched these,(until now) but that seemed like a problem that shouldve been dealt with before they started doin this, yeesh.

JRPereira

Meteorain said:
Just had an update.

Unfortunately the client version isn't compatible with the MM servers.

Great.

Was fixed pretty quickly, but, sorry about that.

Regarding being able to watch live games from within the client a la HLTV: it's certainly something we want to do when time permits and higher priority stuff is out of the way.

Meteorain

JRPereira said:
Was fixed pretty quickly, but, sorry about that.

Regarding being able to watch live games from within the client a la HLTV: it's certainly something we want to do when time permits and higher priority stuff is out of the way.

Yea, I was complaining merely because I could :lol

Haly

Embedded deep in our minds is the irresistible desire to act aggressive towards anything big, bulky and with 3k hp.

I'm convinced of this, and I have video proof as well.

Swag

Seeing as how this thread has died down in activity, let's discuss something.

RAP vs Vote Kick.

Personally I prefer vote kick, because the gratification is instant, and from personal experience despite my extreme griefing at times and report threats I've yet to be banned / reprimanded so I can only assume that this is the case for majority of others. Even if I was banned, my other accounts thanks to those $10 sales are ready to go, RAP is no longer a deterrent at least in my case to stop griefing of other players, as is the case for a large number of the people I know.

At least my team would be able to kick me and continue the game as normal ( Yes I know I'm an asshole but HoN games tend to get boring ). However they have to endure me.

I think I'd be more pro-RAP if I got a message or an e-mail or some notification on the status of the ticket that I submitted, reporting and crossing my fingers that the person gets some justice is so lame.

Anyway what're your guys thoughts on the matter.

Meteorain

I haven't had to Vote Kick anyone in a while. I've had to deal with mainly douches on the opposite team since I've mostly been playing with at least 1 other GAFer.

I have no clue what RAP stands for, but I'm assuming it's a case of reporting. I've personally never reported someone. I've wanted to a few times, but never got round to it.

On that note though, I've only lost 1 game in the last 3 days of playing a hell of a lot of Hon. Goddamn this feels good. It's like the game has done a 180 on me from when I kept losing! I think this is mainly down to the fact I've been playing with fellow GAF members. The coordination is much much better!

Actually I also have a second note. Dampeer is fucking awesome. At first I thought he was quite shit, and then suddenly after a game with him, I understood how to play him and now he's so fun!

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Keep RAP.
Have concede only require 4 votes to pass.

Best solution imo. You can still report racists, trolls and assholes, and not worry about one dickhead forcing a 20 min concede to be stretched to 45 mins.

Meteorain said:
On that note though, I've only lost 1 game in the last 3 days of playing a hell of a lot of Hon. Goddamn this feels good. It's like the game has done a 180 on me from when I kept losing! I think this is mainly down to the fact I've been playing with fellow GAF members. The coordination is much much better!

That's what you get when you're carried by kag's 40 bros.

Meteorain

Archie said:
That's what you get when you're carried by kag's 40 bros.

Played a lot of games with just Tryckster and myself as well. Somehow we always pull through even when we should lose.

True, having the 40 bros does help, but it's not like I did nothing!

I agree with 4-person concedes. There's almost always one douche (aka hard carry) who thinks he just needs MOAR FARM to annihilate the whole team.

I played one game as Dampeer and didn't really like him. I went Iron Shield/Ghost Marchers/Frostburn/Shrunken Head/Whispering Helm (for Symbol of Rage). I don't really like his lack of disable besides the fear.

Tried Bubbles last night: never again. He's firmly in the "cannot-play" category.

Meteorain

Lone_Prodigy said:
I played one game as Dampeer and didn't really like him. I went Iron Shield/Ghost Marchers/Frostburn/Shrunken Head/Whispering Helm (for Symbol of Rage). I don't really like his lack of disable besides the fear.

I play him quite differently. I go for: Chalice/Steam/Spellshards/Shrunken/Null/Behe

I believe with him, you kill predominantly with your skills rather than auto attack, so there's a lot of hit-and-run with him, but his first 2 skills are very pebblesesque.

Swag

I don't think 4 vote concedes will ever be implemented, although in most cases when your losing a game your not actually losing. Having spectated a ton of matches pre MM honestly getting genocided one or two times in the grand scheme of things doesn't equate a loss, it's just a morale killer.

Losing the first 15 or so minutes of the game is worse then losing one or two team fights you can always bounce back, it's just who wants to put in the effort required to step up and co-ordinate a team to victory after that, this is one of the reasons why I don't let / hate people with poor stats that try to carry because in games like these is when that role becomes crucial. Most concedes will come from games where people that don't know how to farm / carry are carrying in a game your losing. This is where that attitude of a carry needing more farm comes from, and in most cases ( madman, Chronos ) if you give them time to farm and step up your own game you'll win.

But seriously who wants to concentrate and play on in a game where your losing? Easier to just concede, gimme Vote Kick so I can kick that asshole that won't concede, no one wants to be a try hard in a game your getting dominated.

Also Bubbles is pretty amazing, you just have to recognize your severe early game limitations when you don't have Chalice / Bottle or Nullstone for the mana regen.

Edit: is Racism even against the TOS? I've seen tons of Screenshots of GMs and S2 employees stating racist / politically incorrect remarks, or is it one of those things thats just frowned upon by the community?

Meeru

Banned
So I resetted my stats and noticed that some of my stats are still there. I did a FULL reset..and some of my stats are still freaking there. I already contacted MsPudding..hopefully she can answer soon.

Styles

valenti said:
So I resetted my stats and noticed that some of my stats are still there. I did a FULL reset..and some of my stats are still freaking there. I already contacted MsPudding..hopefully she can answer soon.

Why MsPudding? :p

Styles

Well that certainly is logical. :lol

I'm tired of sucking, Still hovering around .5 kd , though that's more cause I play support more of the time.

Vect said:
Well that certainly is logical. :lol

I'm tired of sucking, Still hovering around .5 kd , though that's more cause I play support more of the time.
Don't worry about K: D, it's mostly meaningless. Just focus on improving your play; whether that be picking, good positioning, map awareness, last hitting, ect.

Haly

I assume once you blink in you're going to start taking damage.

Although I'm not sure how his 3rd skill works with PK I assume he can blink at the end of the timer. But in late game his silence/ult combo isn't nearly as wrecking as it is in early game.

Swag

If anyone attempts to attack you, Turtle Shell -> Wait on PK -> PK out -> Shell Surf -> Teleport to Shell.

Nullstone blocks Orchid, and PK / Shell Surf get you away from Vindicator Silence. Squishyness is negated because at that point in the game you should have farmed enough.

Seriously try it out, pick bubbles, farm up Nullstone and PK. You won't die and your team will complain that your not at teamfights cause you escape all the time :lol. The sucky thing about Bubbles is his LONG AS HELL ability cooldowns

Haly

Yeah I think Polly or Witch are better for trolling:
Kuldra + Cyclone stick for 12 seconds of lockdown.

When I play against nullstone heroes sometimes I'll get a hellfire staff just for the sake of silencing them. I throw a random targeted nuke at them to take off the shield, and then pop the silence. It works in most cases, since hellfire has no cast time.

Swag

Halycon said:
Yeah I think Polly or Witch are better for trolling:
Kuldra + Cyclone stick for 12 seconds of lockdown.

BKB + Madman say wassup.

Also with Bubbles once you see the nullstone animation, you immediately Turtle shell.

I agree his cooldowns suck: 15 seconds to surf is a lifetime. However, his ult is superior magic and has a lower CD than say, Tempest.

Spent some time reading the HoN forums. Surf one way, run another to force enemies to choose. Don't auto-cast turtle shell.

Now I want to try Bubbles. :lol

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
You guys didnt know about this? O.O Bubbles is my top played hero, you all need to get on board.

Also, new strat: Watch mid while farming jungle, see a kill about to happen, TP and ks. Blatantly.

Swag

Procarbine said:
You guys didnt know about this? O.O Bubbles is my top played hero, you all need to get on board.

Also, new strat: Watch mid while farming jungle, see a kill about to happen, TP and ks. Blatantly.

I raged pretty hard.

Also meant to ask this a while ago, is this the real Nome :lol

Top Bottom