• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Meeru

Banned
Iunno man, I prefer daggius over kingraven..raven tries too hard to be like ledger's joker

Holy crap there's an hon mod that will automatically cycle stacked attack modifiers...goodness..I never touchedany mod but today may be the day where I do.

Swag

Dunno, Daggius comes off as trying to sound a little too much like the King./

Either way S2 needs to put aside their ill feelings and get that sound pack onto the store, it would be amazing and get them so much coin money.

Don't need a BreakyCPK pack, just get the DRD pack up there.

Kapura

Banned
apparently King is working on an unofficial soundpack, but after the article trashing Maliken and laughing at his ragequits, I'd be very surprised if any from drd ever gets an official soundpack.

Kapura said:
apparently King is working on an unofficial soundpack, but after the article trashing Maliken and laughing at his ragequits, I'd be very surprised if any from drd ever gets an official soundpack.

Links to this please, the article that is.

valenti said:
Holy crap there's an hon mod that will automatically cycle stacked attack modifiers...goodness..I never touchedany mod but today may be the day where I do.

That sorta sounds like cheating.
As a matter of fact, I' sure its cheating.

Pinko Marx said:
That sorta sounds like cheating.
As a matter of fact, I' sure its cheating.
You can already bind cycling attack modifiers through the in game menu. The mod just makes it easier for you. Not exactly cheating. The effects never stack...

spermatic cord said:
You can already bind cycling attack modifiers through the in game menu. The mod just makes it easier for you. Not exactly cheating. The effects never stack...

Ah, well if you can already do it then its not so bad. I know the effects don't stack, but if you can cycle through them they might as well. All I can think about is a pred or something getting Frostburn and Shieldbreaker with this mod. There would be ABSOLUTELY nothing you could do to him, terrifying...

Meeru

Banned
Pinko Marx said:
Ah, well if you can already do it then its not so bad. I know the effects don't stack, but if you can cycle through them they might as well. All I can think about is a pred or something getting Frostburn and Shieldbreaker with this mod. There would be ABSOLUTELY nothing you could do to him, terrifying...
Yeah but it was alot more fun..good times. Soulstealer with shieldbreaker and life leech

Anksta

HONStats has now been updated to include HON 2.0 support. You can find it by searching for "HONStats" on the Android Market.

HONStats is an innovative utility that allows you to track the stats of HON players in a convenient and quick way across Android devices. Features of HONStats include:
  • Ability to track HON players.
  • Matchmaking, Casual Mode and Public Game statistics are available.
  • View summary and detailed player stats.
  • Search and add HON players by name.
  • Sort tracked players by Name, PSR (Player Skill Rating) or KDR (Kill Death Ratio).
  • Stats are stored on device. Internet access is only required when searching, adding or refreshing players.

HONStats will be regularly updated to include new features and more player information. Requests for changes in future releases will be considered. HON is a community driven game and HONStats is intended to be a community driven application.

Please contact us on support@metadawn.com for any queries, questions and feedback.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How do I build Dampeer (no codex), want to try him out.

Halycon said:
My lol build: chalice, helm of the black legion, savage mace(what?), shrunken head, and portal key. Worked out OK though. Whatever you decide to build, helm of the black legion is a must his HP growth is abysmal.

Meeru

Banned
Halycon said:
Ask for mid when u dampeer
You need codex. He has three nukes..any hero with three nukes is asking for a codex.

My build. The boots that let u go through units, codex lvl 1, s&y, bkb. Bkb is so important on him..he has no disable other than the fear aoe.

Haly come play with us. Once dota 2 comes u will need to deny creeps again.

Haly

I'm playing right now!

Getting bored of WoW. Grindfests and imbalanced pvp.

Haly

I'm doing so bad QQ.

I should just pick DS every game and babysit the carry.

Meeru

Banned
Halycon said:
I'm doing so bad QQ.

I should just pick DS every game and babysit the carry.
Did u know that 80% of the early mid game playing deals with the creep? Not only just on the last hitting and denying, but initiating ur first move/stun on the enemy when thry try to last hit a creep. Also, have lots of balls and confidence.

But tell me what u are doing bad..

Haly

valenti said:
Did u know that 80% of the early mid game playing deals with the creep? Not only just on the last hitting and denying, but initiating ur first move/stun on the enemy when thry try to last hit a creep. Also, have lots of balls and confidence.

But tell me what u are doing bad..
I play heroes I can't play like Plague, Valk and BH :D

The only carry I know how to play is NH.

I'm most at home with spell casters it seems (although I'm a shitty pyro).

Match 25453243 for nymph ownage :3

blitz64

Halycon said:
I'm playing right now!

Getting bored of WoW. Grindfests and imbalanced pvp.

Didn't you quit this game and went to LoL because HoN gives you a heart attack? Are you ready for more anger, rage, and swearing every 2 games?

Haly

valenti said:
haly u just got offline as soon as i got online -_-
Class!
Didn't you quit this game and went to LoL because HoN gives you a heart attack? Are you ready for more anger, rage, and swearing every 2 games?
Yes I am! I need something to get my blood boiling, affliction locks are just not cutting it.

tab dot tab dot tab dot zzzzzzzzzzz

Meteorain

Halycon said:
Class!

Yes I am! I need something to get my blood boiling, affliction locks are just not cutting it.

switch to Destro <_<

Back on topic though. I think I just did the pro-est thing I've ever done on HoN (not hard at my stage). I just need to now acquire the skill of frapsing this replay and uploading it!

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Halycon said:
Class!

I got cata, leveled to 85, did some heroics, got some gear, and then stopped and thought: "I don't want to raid, my 2v2 partner no longer plays, and you can't get glad from 2v2." Cancel sub, uninstall.

Haly

Moraxes is
sogood.gif

Haly

Why's that? He has effectively the item potential of two heroes, and Grimm's is a carryfest.

So!

Meeru

Banned
Dunno if its just me but hon is boring me. Can't wait for dota 2 to come out so all the LoL and HoN gaffers can play the same game.

Haly

I don't think LoL GAF will play Dota 2 unless it's:

Free
Less tryhards

Meeru

Banned
Well it will encompass a lot more noobs than hon..dota is still huge. Throneit.com is a dota league that amazingly incorporates war3 dota to their website. So there will be tryhards but there will also be a lot of noobs.

Not sure bout the free part..tbh I wish it was just a one time payment. I don't want microtransaction crap. Even hons store is stupid..puts icons like marajuana and snowboarding..lol

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Dota 2 will def have microtransactions, but as long as it encompasses cosmetic things like skins and you can earn everything via playing the game, it won't be that bad.

Haly

Playing farm game against scout, nh, keeper and flint.

The amount of fail is staggering. I can excuse it if they were new players who didn't know how the game flows but they clearly KNEW how to play. They just think a team like polly/bub/mag/wb/kraken can beat a team of carries late game.

Any hero that uses portal key as part of their core build is <3

Glacius <3

FatalT

Banned
Anyone have any experience with their accounts being hijacked? I played all night just fine but when I woke up this morning to log on, the login service said that my credentials were incorrect. I tried resetting my password but it said the e-mail address was not on file. The same e-mail address that was on the account yesterday and since I bought the game.

I sent an e-mail to support so we'll see what happens. :(

Haly

Lone_Prodigy said:
How's this for an AR team: Witch/Glacius/Voodoo/Keeper/Soulstealer. Man that was painful (I was Glacius).
Did they farm for 40 minutes instead of pushing?

Top Bottom