• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Swag

So we have more players then a team will allow.

Can anyone post the playing time, as well as what the team is going to be? We should probably try to log in later and get some games in for practice

Meeru

Banned
We have to complete the match by midnight? I love this..looks like we don't have much time to practice try laning.

we need to practice on ward placement mainly then. also knowing where to expect they would place ward to block creeps and how to coutner that and still be able to place rev ward far enuf to respawn them

Bento

Question, how big would the transition from League of Legends to this be? I played HoN back in the beta and did pretty well but now I haven't played it for a very long time and the only moba game I've been playing recently is LoL which supposedly is pretty "noobish" compared to this. I guess killing your own mobs and all that stuff is still in?

delirium

Bento said:
Question, how big would the transition from League of Legends to this be? I played HoN back in the beta and did pretty well but now I haven't played it for a very long time and the only moba game I've been playing recently is LoL which supposedly is pretty "noobish" compared to this. I guess killing your own mobs and all that stuff is still in?
Try
http://www.reddit.com/r/HeroesofNewerth/comments/gew0n/how_to_transition_from_league_of_legends/
and
http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=236273

When in game type "/join clan Neogaf" to join our channel. Usually there's a bunch of people there that can help.

vocab

Bento said:

Hon is more like Dota than LoL is. Last hits are important, denies are important, Porting to towers are important, buying wards are important. The list goes on. I really don't even know why a laning phase in LoL even exists.

Swag

If everyone isn't comfortable with doing a Tri Lane we can do a 2-1-2, we don't necessarily have to do the Tri Lane

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Sebulon3k said:
If everyone isn't comfortable with doing a Tri Lane we can do a 2-1-2, we don't necessarily have to do the Tri Lane

I'm not the biggest fan of tri lane, but we will have to win the solo lane hard if we want to win with 2-1-2.

delirium

Procarbine said:
I'm not the biggest fan of tri lane, but we will have to win the solo lane hard if we want to win with 2-1-2.
I think we can do a trilane if we just get in more practice. Trilanes beat 2-1-2 pretty bad which I think the group we're playing against is probably going to do.

bzm

Meeru said:
What? Dude we are doing trilane. If you think there is any two man group that could stop a trilane..there isnt
we could do 2-2-1 if we really wanted (put a bubbs/pharaoh/hag against their tri, and 2v1 both their solos), but i think its a safer bet to just learn to trilane

bzm

man we're so bad at trilaning.
Also, i can still feel the mad from that game delirium posted. FUMING mad
edit: max did you really fucking have sny AND manta? gg noob lrn to split items

Kapura

Banned
bzm said:
man we're so bad at trilaning.
Also, i can still feel the mad from that game delirium posted. FUMING mad
edit: max did you really fucking have sny AND manta? gg noob lrn to split items
Watch the rep, yo. I did split it, and then later I didn't have enough for skadi but I DID have enough for another firebrand.

Dreavus

I just wanted to pop in and say I love going Slither + Jereziah in a lane. My brother and I have done this about 4 times recently (in SD, no less) and it seems to always shut people down. And all the stacking slows makes for pretty good hunting later on for players like tempest who go to the forest.

delirium

Dreavus said:
I just wanted to pop in and say I love going Slither + Jereziah in a lane. My brother and I have done this about 4 times recently (in SD, no less) and it seems to always shut people down. And all the stacking slows makes for pretty good hunting later on for players like tempest who go to the forest.
Slither is one of the best heroes in the lane. With his slow and Jera's heal nuke = devastating lane.

IceMarker

I'll be home again tonight same time, 11pm PST. I'll be up for another 8 hours of insanity. I'm getting pretty damn decent at this game now.

Top Bottom