• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Silhouette-Concept.jpg

New hero
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/04/18/first-look-at-heroes-of-newerths-first-ninja-lady-hero-silhouette/

Looks like an illusion hero. This must be why they've forgotten all about prenerf Fayde

NukeDukem

Banned
I would play the fuck out of Geomancer. Just found this handy guide.

sorry for the lack of real posts, but im learning the game and i keep finding these helpful guides everywhere i go!

Neckbeard

Anyone having trouble connecting? It's around 9:30 MST, Monday 4/18. I'd use PST but we don't do daylight savings and I never know what fucking time it is anywhere else.

Phooey-- confirmed.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
People in this stream have no idea how to play sc2, the chat is mind-bendingly bad. Who was the guy that said Testie was ahead but should have expanded? Yeah.

Kapura

Banned
Procarbine said:
People in this stream have no idea how to play sc2, the chat is mind-bendingly bad. Who was the guy that said Testie was ahead but should have expanded? Yeah.
Bro this is why you gotta be in the stream coaching testie to grand master.

bzm

Procarbine said:
Its [mostly] a hon stream, what do you expect?
Speaking of, i need to 6tango more often

Dexa

Banned
sooo after playing lots of LoL i have a question:

does HoN have the same slow passing of ~30 minutes minion grind till the "interesting" part of the game starts? or are the matches faster / are there faster game modes?

i would love a dota style game with like 15 minutes max matches.

IceMarker

Dexa said:

does HoN have the same slow passing of ~30 minutes minion grind till the "interesting" part of the game starts? or are the matches faster / are there faster game modes?

i would love a dota style game with like 15 minutes max matches.
It's way faster than LoL, 'interesting stuff' happens as soon as people start hitting Level 6, and matches typically take between 15-45 minutes.

delirium

MrMister said:
It's way faster than LoL, 'interesting stuff' happens as soon as people start hitting Level 6, and matches typically take between 15-45 minutes.
In my experience interesting stuff that happen at any level. I've seen level 1 5-man gank squads. Also the laning phase of HoN is much more active than LoL.

But in general a HoN game does last a little longer than a LoL game, but IMO there is more action. S2 has been actively trying to move the metagame away from the ricefest meta that Dota had and into a more ganking meta.

vocab

Dexa said:

does HoN have the same slow passing of ~30 minutes minion grind till the "interesting" part of the game starts?

No, and that's why I hate LoL. Laning phases is way too long.

Phandy

MrMister said:

I seem to have more and more crazy games these days where people come up with nutz ganking strategies at level 2-3. Lvl 1 5-man ganks are hilarious.

Also, what the hell does rice/ricing/ricefest etc etc mean? I see that used a lot.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Phandy said:
Also, what the hell does rice/ricing/ricefest etc etc mean? I see that used a lot.

Farming creeps for a long period of time to get gold for an item instead of trying to kill the other team.

My brother told me once how the entire team went straight for Kongor at level 1. Once his team figured out what was going on, they went in, got a Genocide, and killed Kongor.

But usually bloodlust happens with the first rune or two. Sometimes you'll see Legionnaire blocking creep waves which always messes up the other team since they don't know how to counter it.

I remember once an enemy Magebane tried to blink to the bottom rune at 0:00 but missed and ended up stuck on a cliff. He was even in melee range; easiest bloodlust ever.

Meeru

Banned
Yeah a lot of players always take advantage of trees for fog, this can work nicely

Anyways thinking mock for stacking with her aoe skill and her ult..amazing farm and gank potential by swapping. And geomancers bane? No thanks. Frostburn, wingbow, savage, riftshards.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
She looks pretty cool, certainly the "skill based" ganker the community has been whining for. Her orb is gonna make her brutal in laning, and it might rule out sny for you meeru.

Only bad thing is that she rules out morphling and ursa ports :X

Top Bottom