• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Swag

Procarbine said:
You ready to NEVER lose a lane swag? SB/Glac doesn't have shit on kraken/keeper.
I'm down for the tournament, would probably have to practice this weekend and get into the swing of things. I remember that game, didn't I have like a 14 minute mock? What a joke that was lol.

Meeru

Banned
Well best way to do it is names of first five. (Seven)

Oceanic'815
Meeru
delirium
Bzm
Kapura

Reply with ur name if u wish to play

Kapura

Banned
Kapura

You might want to bench me though if we have better players sign up; put me on as ringer. bzm is doing university homework right now, but he indicated his interest as well.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
People who quit playing as they assume the game the game is over make me sad, especially when we start to win 3vs5 and still sit back and do nothing ;(

vocab

Ikuu said:
People who quit playing as they assume the game the game is over make me sad, especially when we start to win 3vs5 and still sit back and do nothing ;(

I played with people who are like "WE LOST MAN JUST CONCEDE" after one bad team fight, and next team fight we completely rip the other team, and they're like "man those guys are noobs" after they sat in fountain crying.

delirium

My proudest moment. Outricing Meeru.
qdSw7.jpg

Shout out to procarbine with the pro support/triple stacked jungle.

Meeru

Banned
Procarbine said:
Looking athe rules we can make changes to roster but yeah..we made the teams already..

Anyways can. Upost the full roster please?

I think engineer is a good hero. Those spider mines act as a punishment for those who try to grab rune. Plus it gives sight

JoeMartin

Well it started out on gladiator.

Then it was flints.

Then gladiator's again.

Then mine.

v0v game was hilarious.

EDIT: Even more hilarious is that the first time Gladiator died with it they didn't realize he had it and left it sitting right outside the ramp to their base, and 2 minutes later Gladiator shrouded back in and picked it up again. And then lost it again. Then got it back. And lost it again.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Meeru said:
Looking athe rules we can make changes to roster but yeah..we made the teams already..

Anyways can. Upost the full roster please?

I think engineer is a good hero. Those spider mines act as a punishment for those who try to grab rune. Plus it gives sight

Meeru
Procarbine
Oceanic
Delirium
bzm
Kapura
SwagSurfin

Is what I signed up with.

IceMarker

I guess that's true, then again I'm so immune to the feeling of losing at this point that I laugh at any teammates who get mad, I'm in for
fun

Meeru

Banned
MrMister said:
I guess that's true, then again I'm so immune to the feeling of losing at this point that I laugh at any teammates who get mad, I'm in for
fun
Hmm :)

Ok mrmister how many heroes do you know now?Have you started to notice really strong laning hero combinations, such as glacius and swiftblade, any two stunners.,etc.

Also, we need to start thinking of some decent trilanes. State your ideas and reasons why:
glad, andro, behe is one good trilane. (Earthshaker is instant aoe stun. Instant. And aoe. A good stun will hit two heroes close enough so glad will launch the pit hitting both heroes. Andro will use her stun to guarantee kills. Behe also makes good set up for glad's ultimate.

We need to set up some scrims and stuff. I played in competitive tourneys and I'm pretty confident we can get 1st place with some good practice of trilane lineups and overall strategy.

bzm

Meeru said:

Ok mrmister how many heroes do you know now?Have you started to notice really strong laning hero combinations, such as glacius and swiftblade, any two stunners.,etc.

Also, we need to start thinking of some decent trilanes. State your ideas and reasons why:
glad, andro, behe is one good trilane. (Earthshaker is instant aoe stun. Instant. And aoe. A good stun will hit two heroes close enough so glad will launch the pit hitting both heroes. Andro will use her stun to guarantee kills. Behe also makes good set up for glad's ultimate.

We need to set up some scrims and stuff. I played in competitive tourneys and I'm pretty confident we can get 1st place with some good practice of trilane lineups and overall strategy.
i dont like behe in that lane, as andro has norange and youve got 2melee already. It can work but youve gotta get kills fast. Even levels i dont see that trilane doing well against the like of a glax/valk/hammer.
Anyway, im still partial to puppet, glax, and behe/mags. Great disable. The reason i like pupps so much is he can rice hard, scale really well, and can disable and get kills in a trilane.

hammer/valk/range is another good one (not ricer, more of a battle trilane). We tried that, and we actually kinda won the laning phase, we just lost midgame because we took too much pressure off (and didnt have as good of carries as them).

other glad trilanes are pretty good too (glad, something like glacius, and venge/fish).
Magebane trilane is good if you can get him the farm, wont really get kills though (against another tri)

Though, i feel like we should try to run slither. SO stronk. either mid or second solo hed do great.

note: i havent played much trilane so im no expert on this shit.

Pkaz01

I think myrm, jere, and dev would be a pain in the ass. Or elec, myrm, and jere. Or even jere, elec, dev.

myrm, jere, dev, - slow aura + rot, magic immune for dev, and myrms ranged stuns for finishing or initiating. Hook a hero into that and there is no getting out.

elec, myrm, jere - immune + grip, myrm stuns for initiating, elec slow damage spell or shield damage + jere slow aura. Grip and heal.

jere, elec, dev - probably the most risky since there is no ranged hero but those three are all a pain if one gets gripped or hooked its a guaranteed kill. This one is the least flexible as well but probably the most efficient.

slith, dev, and jere - that would be a disgusting amount of slow and dps.

i just think dev and jere are crazy together. and electrician and myrm can pretty much fit into any tri lane.

glacius, elec, and myrm would also be vicious.

Meeru

Banned
bzm said:
i dont like behe in that lane, as andro has norange and youve got 2melee already. It can work but youve gotta get kills fast. Even levels i dont see that trilane doing well against the like of a glax/valk/hammer.
Anyway, im still partial to puppet, glax, and behe/mags. Great disable. The reason i like pupps so much is he can rice hard, scale really well, and can disable and get kills in a trilane.

hammer/valk/range is another good one (not ricer, more of a battle trilane). We tried that, and we actually kinda won the laning phase, we just lost midgame because we took too much pressure off (and didnt have as good of carries as them).

other glad trilanes are pretty good too (glad, something like glacius, and venge/fish).
Magebane trilane is good if you can get him the farm, wont really get kills though (against another tri)

Though, i feel like we should try to run slither. SO stronk. either mid or second solo hed do great.

note: i havent played much trilane so im no expert on this shit.
ic

All in all, a good trilane consists of this:
long range slow/disable
aoe disable
slow/disable of any kind (on carry)

glacius, sb, ws
myrm, behe, flint

Gonna head to honcast.com and just do some research

oh yeah good counter to slither would be tempest

bzm

Meeru said:
ic

All in all, a good trilane consists of this:
long range slow/disable
aoe disable
slow/disable of any kind (on carry)

glacius, sb, ws
myrm, behe, flint

Gonna head to honcast.com and just do some research

oh yeah good counter to slither would be tempest
myrm/behe is an amazing combo. that with a ranged carry is balling out of control (flint, puppet would be good. nobody likes playing flint though lol)
when brackets come out ill try to check some reps of our first team and see what kinda strats they do (inb4 swiftblade trilanes).

Oh, and theres noncarry trilanes. Pebbles trilanes for fast portal key, pyromancer/tort/fish to shutdown their trilane. shit like that. I dont know if we're good enough to play those though

delirium

IB we win the first round by default because 50% of the teams that signed up doesn't show up.

EDIT: I think Nymph with a reliable stunner (hammer/behe/andro) could be great in a trilane. Her 2nd skill mana regen helps a lot.

Kapura

Banned
Nymph would be really good in a trilane with Myrm and a ricer carry. Between Nymph's stun and the fish nuke, you could keep the enemy's pretty far back. Infinite mana means that the fishes can fly all the time. A carry who can finish off kills would work in that lane, even somebody harder like Chronos or Magebane.

IceMarker

Meeru said:

I want to say I know 60% of the heroes and what the abilities do. Yes, I've noticed combos before. It's mechanics I still need to work on.

Meeru

Banned
MrMister said:
I want to say I know 60% of the heroes and what the abilities do. Yes, I've noticed combos before. It's mechanics I still need to work on.
wow u stay up late o_o

mechanics? what kind of mechanics are you referring to?

Maybe this guide will answer ur question. I just read it myself, and it definitely helps a lot. http://heroes-newerth.com/hon-strategy/the-ultimate-guide-to-winning-games

Oh btw.. i would like our team to watch this please
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rh6HuLHot0&feature=youtube_gdata_player
there are two more vids on it.

IceMarker

Meeru said:
wow u stay up late o_o

mechanics? what kind of mechanics are you referring to?
I work swing shift :p

When I say mechanics, I mainly mean 'when and where' I should do stuff.

Also, I just did really well in a game with Myrmidon and won.

Meeru you should come online and play some now... So close to account icon...

Meeru

Banned
MrMister said:
I work swing shift :p

When I say mechanics, I mainly mean 'when and where' I should do stuff.

Also, I just did really well in a game with Myrmidon and won.

Meeru you should come online and play some now... So close to account icon...
I'm working right now as well..I end soon tho

Meeru

Banned
Ok so legionaire. Needs portal key. Needs to initiate. His taunt inc his armor and also makes enemies auto attack him. This synergies with his third skill. Not only that when enemies are attacking him they can't cast spells for that period.

IceMarker

Meeru said:
Ok so legionaire. Needs portal key. Needs to initiate. His taunt inc his armor and also makes enemies auto attack him. This synergies with his third skill. Not only that when enemies are attacking him they can't cast spells for that period.
Noted.

Top Bottom