• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Styles

What happened?

Heroes I like at the moment:

Aluna

And heroes I dislike at the moment:

Tremble
Flint

My computer's been giving me hiccups ever since I switched to Windows 7 64-bit. :/

IceMarker

Vect said:
What happened?
Meeru was our only carry in a game with Kapura and two pubbies and we lost because he timed out randomly 35 minutes into the game even though we rax'd twice. We literally would have won if he had stayed online for at least 5 more minutes.

Styles

MrMister said:
Meeru was our only carry in a game with Kapura and two pubbies and we lost because he timed out randomly 35 minutes into the game even though we rax'd twice. We literally would have won if he had stayed online for at least 5 more minutes.

Well that's a bummer. :/

Pkaz01

new patch is up including the new hero..

secret alt was a premium alternate for wretched hag. its funny that the pred alt is better than the premium hag one.

Meeru

Banned
More critique: pyro stun takes skill to land whereas others like behe or andro do not. Wait for them to land their stun first then use urs.

vocab

The new hero is just annoying. Played against one with shround, and Geo bane. Can't even tell what the hell is going on. Thank god she isn't a super hard carry.

delirium

vocab said:
The new hero is just annoying. Played against one with shround, and Geo bane. Can't even tell what the hell is going on. Thank god she isn't a super hard carry.
I think she's a very squishy glass cannon. She needs helm otherwise she runs around with to little hp. But with her ult and passive, she does a shitload of damage.

bzm

SJGOX.jpg

whats wrong with this image

Meeru

Banned
bzm said:
Yeah, a lot of the ihl people play in thefragment high, but apparently they have lower level leagues so you dont get styled by testie, et al.
Don't think testie knows this place >> but man I'm getting some vibes looking at these ihl applications lol..good times with tda, dxd, ihl,

NukeDukem

Banned
bzm is hating on my 1:7 k/d , DONT YOU KNOW THATS HOW ALL THE PROS WIN?

Meteorain said:
Is it just me or do a lot of GAF members just not like talking at all in the clan channel?

I always say hi to the clan chat when i log on, but no one ever replies. inlcuding you. Part of the problem, or part of the solution? Mumble is a far better alternative.

Meteorain

If I don't reply then I'm out or in a game.

I will however reply if I just logged in or something. I was referring to people logging in, I'll say hi 2 seconds later and then that's that; no response.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Meteorain said:
If I don't reply then I'm out or in a game.

I will however reply if I just logged in or something. I was referring to people logging in, I'll say hi 2 seconds later and then that's that; no response.

It's not as if people log in and stare at the chat. If I'm playing TMM I log in, invite people, queue and tab. Watching a replay I just go straight in.

At least you're doing better off than me when I began. I pretty much only picked Predator regardless of team lineup. I didn't even know wards existed. It's frustrating playing support all the time but I think that's where you "learn" a good amount of the game. Once you get good with support playing carries is easier and you'll have better habits (last hitting ability, map awareness, etc.) than if you played carries all the time.

MrMister said:
I guess 1 month of playing 8 hours a day straight still doesn't make me a decent player.
I'd say it takes about 1k games just to get out of the newbie level.

At least you're doing better off than me when I began. I pretty much only picked Predator regardless of team lineup. I didn't even know wards existed. It's frustrating playing support all the time but I think that's where you "learn" a good amount of the game. Once you get good with support playing carries is easier and you'll have better habits (last hitting ability, map awareness, etc.) than if you played carries all the time.
Oh god. At least it was predator and not something else.

My friend who I often played with also only picked one hero. And it was nighthound. He went the same items every game. Phase boots> Elder Parasite> Wingbow. If somehow we were winning instead of building logical items he would just build another wingbow...

Sanjay

bzm said:
Chronos' items

Well Staff is really good as your team can still cast/move/hit in it right? and makes his ulti last longer too. I mean it would not have been the greatest item if he was the only carry but you have Scout too and other AOE spells so that was actually a great item to get.

bzm said:
so is staff of the master on swiftblade, right?

Chronos' staff actually helps the other team unlike Swift which just gives more slashes. I don't see how there comparable.

IMO the stats you get from sotm aren't that great on chronos. yeah your teammates can move around in the sphere but you shouldn't be catching your teammates in the sphere in the first place... you're better off grabbing a damage item and a shrunken head.

bzm

Sanjay said:
Well Staff is really good as your team can still cast/move/hit in it right? and makes his ulti last longer too. I mean it would not have been the greatest item if he was the only carry but you have Scout too and other AOE spells so that was actually a great item to get.

Chronos' staff actually helps the other team unlike Swift which just gives more slashes. I don't see how there comparable.
while the allies being able to move in the dome sounds good on paper its pretty useless in actuality. Everything you do is slowed, by what, 90% (?). As scout i got a whopping 1 autoattack off while inside the dome and already next to someone

Top Bottom