• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

NukeDukem

Banned
MrMister said:
I just had one of the best games as Glacius I have ever had, I'm now a bit thankful for my low MMR in Normal Mode.

Match ID: 37494700 -- Solo MM | 5v5 | Normal Mode | Single Draft

A couple thoughts:

1. striders on glacius: best choice. you also put out alot of wards, always a great thing to see.

2. I love the smack talking by scout, he has the skills to back it up too. maybe if he had killed myrmidon more legion would have had a more difficult time getting a win.

3. at the 21 min mark, you had a team fight in mid. why didnt you go in and cast your ultimate? you would have killed both scout and arma, and tremble would have terror ported in time to kill hammerstorm before he raped your shit.

4:24 min mark, locking down arma with ice imprison? priceless. this is the point where pyro starts becoming useful.

Great game, and you played support very well. good blue ward placements too, even if it was too late a few times to save your teammates.

Meeru

Banned
Poor mmmikeal

37578493 - Face him mid as tundra while he is Aluna..biggest tryhard ever seen. Time to put on my own tryhard gloves on.

37585298 - Met him again, decided to troll by playing as Aluna while he's mid as Pyro

NukeDukem

Banned
Meeru said:
Poor mmmikeal

37578493 - Face him mid as tundra while he is Aluna..biggest tryhard ever seen. Time to put on my own tryhard gloves on.

37585298 - Met him again, decided to troll by playing as Aluna while he's mid as Pyro

that was such a good game, even after dying to kraken's ult twice.

bzm

Meeru said:
Poor mmmikeal

wow that kid got sloshed
what made him so tryhard though?

Kapura

Banned
Man, I like playing magebane but i need to learn that ulting a no-mana kraken does approximately 20 damage at every level. Whatever, he still attacks at a million.

Meteorain

Meeru said:
Poor mmmikeal

Jereziah - QQ to win.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Sorry for that last match man. I fucked up big time trying to PK in at the bot tower and my ult wasn't even up. :derp

Also, I apologize for logging off. I've had a cold for the past week and a half and I am still having bad coughing spells.

IceMarker

Archie said:
Sorry for that last match man. I fucked up big time trying to PK in at the bot tower and my ult wasn't even up. :derp

Also, I apologize for logging off. I've had a cold for the past week and a half and I am still having bad coughing spells.
It's cool I was hoping to break my losing streak. My stats are very ugly right now.

Meeru

Banned
37664305 tryhard panda, even buying ward of revelation on nomad lol

btw, i loved how we tped at the right moments. THATS HOW YOU PLAY.

vocab

Usually if you fall below 1400 (especially solo) there's some faults in your game play. That Dunning–Kruger effect is actually really interesting. I play with some people who are learning the game, and some guy who started around the same time has been stuck at 1400 in normal mode, but he doesn't know why. I watch a lot of his game play when I'm dead or even when I lane with him, and he makes some really poor decisions in the laning phase that gets him killed. Once he makes another poor decision (usually the same mistake twice), he'll just get even more mad thus playing like shit for the rest of the game. At least he admits he is pretty bad at hon, and so do I.

I agree, and argued that one person can fuck it up for everyone, but mistakes that can be fixed can turn sometimes loses into wins. Sadly, if you are doomed to play with BR's every game, then you might be shit out of luck.

delirium

DivA just alluded that the next hero is going to be a range STR hero and big changes are coming May 13th, 1 year anniversary of HoN (probably custom maps). Also the next 3 heroes are in the SBT client and none of them are micro/illusion heroes.

PasteyMF

delirium said:
Also the next 3 heroes are in the SBT client and none of them are micro/illusion heroes.

Thank god.

I tried Silhouette in CM last night. She can be a ton of fun late game with the right items. In a team fight, it feels really good to get a stun off on 4 hours in a line like a proper Behe fissure. However, my micro sucks and geo bane + ultimate makes it tough for even me to figure out which one is the right one in a hectic battle. I would just pour into 1 hero and hope for the best that I didn't get focused.

Meeru

Banned
May 13th? What right when I go to to korea? Ok cancelling marriage.

And would be nice if my brother can get his computer before we leave but I dunno..

delirium

Meeru said:
May 13th? What right when I go to to korea? Ok cancelling marriage.

And would be nice if my brother can get his computer before we leave but I dunno..
If he does, is he going to play on your account?

Meeru

Banned
PasteyMF said:
Thank god.

I tried Silhouette in CM last night. She can be a ton of fun late game with the right items. In a team fight, it feels really good to get a stun off on 4 hours in a line like a proper Behe fissure. However, my micro sucks and geo bane + ultimate makes it tough for even me to figure out which one is the right one in a hectic battle. I would just pour into 1 hero and hope for the best that I didn't get focused.
Her ultimate is really good for one..avoiding an andro stun or something..at lvl 16 it really shines with 100% damage..but still..it really is confusing. Plus it also seems to not remember when I hotkey the illusion

IceMarker

Typical night with HoN-GAF:
A.) Winning streak that stops us from playing more than three games due to fear of a loss.
B.) Losing streak that doesn't stop us from playing until 4 games due to hope of a win.
C.) Trying to get a TMM group together that falls apart after waiting for more member to get out of their game, that they proceed to lose and rage quit, breaking the TMM group down.
D.) Lesser active members like Pkaz, Freakinchair, etc. don't speak a word to the clan and always solo MM all day.
E.) Lose a game so hard only people with true guts actually stay online.

This happens on all timezones too, I know because I've played with HoN-GAF at almost every hour of the day imaginable.

NukeDukem

Banned
MrMister said:
A.) Winning streak that stops us from playing more than three games due to fear of a loss.
B.) Losing streak that doesn't stop us from playing until 4 games due to hope of a win.
C.) Trying to get a TMM group together that falls apart after waiting for more member to get out of their game, that they proceed to lose and rage quit, breaking the TMM group down.
D.) Lesser active members like Pkaz, Freakinchair, etc. don't speak a word to the clan and always solo MM all day.

This happens on all timezones too, I know because I've played with HoN-GAF at almost every hour of the day imaginable.

Mid devo w/ marchers, COME AT ME BRO

Meeru

Banned
MrMister said:

mrmr you see, 1 game is give or take 40minutes to 1 hour, including selecting heroes, queuing, etc. 3 games is 3 hours which is more than enough to cause fatigue and eye strain.

And not playing due to fear of a loss? lol what? Who's like that?

pkaz and freakinchair i think they are from EU.

That said, I don't mind playing 10 games in one day with ya. Its just that I can't. Thursdays and Mondays are my best days. I can play from 2pm to like 10pm

Styles

My god, I just took a look at my k/d ratio and it's even worse than my public k/d ratio. This left me wondering why I haven't fallen under 1500 yet.

Neckbeard

Vect said:
That is because some of us still suck, hard.

It's not the sucking, it's the leaving and the lack of support from the other pubs. It's like they see 2-3 [GAF] tags and start to slack off, thinking we'll carry them through.

Well I got news for you, pubs. GAF sucks! ;-)

bzm

MrMister said:

mad?

Top Bottom