• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

NukeDukem

Banned
Kapura said:
RYfRR.png
Mah boi! This achievement is what all true warriors strive for!

Kapura

Banned
Mid fed really, really hard and then he basically ganked all game. We had nobody supporting, so top kept getting shafted. I didn't start throwing until later in the game.

NukeDukem

Banned
The (Morally) Bankrupt "Bill Backstabber" Gates Once Again Gives the Shaft To Gamers Everywhere With His Ominous Operating System!

MrMister said:
Damn... played some crazy games tonight.
On a scale of 1-10, how trolled was that Ausfag?

We got a tryhard team in AR (Zeph, War Beast, Disciple, Slither, Accursed) vs. 4 melee heroes + Bomb. Zeph went mid and we were dominating so hard, even when Accursed dropped mid-game. When I left, we had raxxed one lane and was working on the second. I figured they'd concede before I dropped. I was wrong.

IceMarker

Lone_Prodigy said:
We got a tryhard team in AR (Zeph, War Beast, Disciple, Slither, Accursed) vs. 4 melee heroes + Bomb. Zeph went mid and we were dominating so hard, even when Accursed dropped mid-game. When I left, we had raxxed one lane and was working on the second. I figured they'd concede before I dropped. I was wrong.
I've had several games the past two days where my team gets momentum and fails mid or late game -OR- they fail laning and proceed to feed. This game fucking sucks sometimes. :(

Meeru

Banned
vocab said:
*Looks at stats*

hmm. You play a lot of SD. Not surprised.
whats ur name on hon?

Well two days left until I leave for korea..I am free on Monday, but I do need to pack my stuff.

Flux is an awesome hero. He is carry certified.

IceMarker

Yup, only playing with BZM, Nuke, Meeru, JoeMartin, Astroboy, Procarbine, Kapura, Delirium, Svensk, Meteorain, Sanjay, Matll, Haly, and Firefly from now on, everyone else can fuck off. Sorry, but my MMR is starting to drain back into the 1100's again. Fuck I hate losing streaks.

Macattk15

MrMister said:
Yup, only playing with BZM, Nuke, Meeru, JoeMartin, Astroboy, Procarbine, Kapura, Delirium, Svensk, Meteorain, Sanjay, Matll, Haly, and Firefly from now on, everyone else can fuck off. Sorry, but my MMR is starting to drain back into the 1100's again. Fuck I hate losing streaks.

You take this game too seriously if it makes you that angry.

IceMarker

Macattk15 said:
You take this game too seriously if it makes you that angry.
I do and I will. Stat whore for life. I don't have fun if I'm not winning. Having no fun undermines the point of video games to me.

IceMarker

Macattk15 said:
No doubt that losing sucks. I hate it too, but shit happens.

It doesn't make me come onto the forums and tell people to fuck off though.
I suppose I should re-phrase. Those of you who I did not name, I'm still willing to play with you, but I would like at least 1 or 2 named to be in the group with us from now on, at least until my MMR gets back up to the point where smaller groups will net us better pubbies.

Moobabe

MrMister said:
I suppose I should re-phrase. Those of you who I did not name, I'm still willing to play with you, but I would like at least 1 or 2 named to be in the group with us from now on, at least until my MMR gets back up to the point where smaller groups will net us better pubbies.

This is my bad - I invited a couple of bros to play with us and well... it didn't go so well. I feel like I'm responsible for his high blood pressure now.

IceMarker

Moobabe said:
This is my bad - I invited a couple of bros to play with us and well... it didn't go so well. I feel like I'm responsible for his high blood pressure now.
Every time we played this morning we had no team syngery, as I mentioned in voice the teams we played with this morning never helped push a tower together, while the other team was having a hayday picking us off one by one. I'm just very discouraged to play TMM right now without Meeru, etc. This would be the first time as well, usually my brain tells me to solo normal MM at this point, but even then I'd get the absolute worst of pubbies as teammates, therefore why I call anything below 1400 the "Quicksand Pit".

Moobabe

MrMister said:
Every time we played this morning we had no team syngery, as I mentioned in voice the teams we played with this morning never helped push a tower together, while the other team was having a hayday picking us off one by one. I'm just very discouraged to play TMM right now without Meeru, etc. This would be the first time as well, usually my brain tells me to solo normal MM at this point, but even then I'd get the absolute worst of pubbies as teammates, therefore why I call anything below 1400 the "Quicksand Pit".

The problem I have coming from TMM with you guys to stats/nostats with friends is people are only concerned about themselves and kills in the latter. That's why you didn't see them pushing towers - they're too concerned with farm. It's a shame that there's such a huge disparity between MM and the rest - there's almost no reason to 'try hard' in those games because people either ragequit in nostats or just CC at 15 if you're stomping them in stats matches.

Flux's ult is awesome but unfortunately doesn't net you free assists.

How would you carry with him? Frostburn and then split for Geo and Frostwolf? Not sure if you need the slow though. Savage Mace for ministun?

I think Ghost Marchers work better than Steamboots since most of the time I'm trying to orb walk and spam W to get them close enough to nuke.

delirium

Lone_Prodigy said:
Flux's ult is awesome but unfortunately doesn't net you free assists.

How would you carry with him? Frostburn and then split for Geo and Frostwolf? Not sure if you need the slow though. Savage Mace for ministun?

I think Ghost Marchers work better than Steamboots since most of the time I'm trying to orb walk and spam W to get them close enough to nuke.
His second skill does damage based on his STR. If you stack STR items I guess you can carry with it.

His ult giving assist will probably be fixed in the next patch since Vindi's ult was patched in to give assists.

Macattk15

Meeru said:
armlet is made for him

Not coming from DotA ... I need to go look at DotA items and learn those names and how they transferred over to HoN since it seems more people use those item names than HoN's ... which is understandable.

delirium

Macattk15 said:
Not coming from DotA ... I need to go look at DotA items and learn those names and how they transferred over to HoN since it seems more people use those item names than HoN's ... which is understandable.
People use both, but more are moving to using the HoN terms.

rsam87

Can I play with Gaffers? I'm sort of stuck in MMR hell learning this game, im between 1480 and as high as 1600 but I actually think my grip on the game is okay. Mainly play Bubs, Krak, Glac, Pyro, Slither and Puppet. I ward and I typically do well in lanes. Give me a chance =(

id is ray87

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
rsam87 said:
Can I play with Gaffers? I'm sort of stuck in MMR hell learning this game, im between 1480 and as high as 1600 but I actually think my grip on the game is okay. Mainly play Bubs, Krak, Glac, Pyro, Slither and Puppet. I ward and I typically do well in lanes. Give me a chance =(

id is ray87

All you gotta do is hang in clan neogaf, we don't care how good you are. We do play with kapura after all.

Meteorain

Procarbine said:
All you gotta do is hang in clan neogaf, we don't care how good you are. We do play with kapura after all.

Throwcarbine and Kapura. One can make bzm rage out in 2 seconds the other just throws like a boss.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Meeru will be glad to carry you, as he does all of us nubtards.

Kapura

Banned
delirium said:
Meeru, I gotta ask, why do you build Eldar Parasite on your carries rather than Symbol of Rage?
That's not meeru's style of play. Meeru likes to kill things before they can hit him back. he doesn't do man contests from autoattacking. He ganks.

vocab

Elder is ok on some heroes. I made it work on Pebbles. I like whispering helm a lot better for most of my carries. IMO Elder is just awful on int carries. Saw some carry Vindi pick it up in one of my games, and dropped in two hits.

delirium

vocab said:
Elder is ok on some heroes. I made it work on Pebbles. I like whispering helm a lot better for most of my carries. IMO Elder is just awful on int carries. Saw some carry Vindi pick it up in one of my games, and dropped in two hits.
To built a Vindi carry, you need a nullstone and then start stacking +int items (hellflower and sheepstick). The more int Vindi has, the better.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ah, man contests makes me miss manta scythe tinker.

Swag

Halycon said:
Ah, man contests makes me miss manta scythe tinker.
Oh lord. I hated Tinker, it was like oh hey your trying to run, Don't think so! Lemmie shoot this rocket at you from halfway across the map <3.

Top Bottom