• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Sanjay

Halycon said:
Elder Paraiste + Madman = lulz

+ Basher.

Archie said:
Hey guys can you suggest a good headset for around $40? Playing HoN without one is just gimping myself. -_-

These are the two I was debating between so far:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0041OQKIC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0041OQKIC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

If there is something better for that price range I'd be grateful.

Slightly more but well worth it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004IZN3NY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Lone_Prodigy said:
What does Nome suggest? Attribute boosts? Split fire???

Stats.

http://replays.heroesofnewerth.com/match_replay.php?mid=40044291

I enjoyed myself, but my carries couldnt farm. You'd think while I was wrecking the enemy team and they lived in fear for the first 30 minutes theyd be able to come up with 300 gpm, but nope. Check out the replay for some great throwcarbine moments.

Shout outs to kapura on wards.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I take back everything bad I said about Dampeer, he is awesome. Running into people left and right and saving bitches. Getting away with 10 health. Tricking people into thinking you're dead.

Such a great interrupter.

vocab

Halycon said:
I take back everything bad I said about Dampeer, he is awesome. Running into people left and right and saving bitches. Getting away with 10 health. Tricking people into thinking you're dead.

Such a great interrupter.

Dampeer is pretty underrated, and a lot more useful than most gankers in the game. The thing is no one knows how to play him so they think he's bad. Last dampeer game I played I went 12-1, and they conceded.

NukeDukem

Banned
How do I aim Tiny's chuck so that it can hit a distant target? Chuck always lifts an enemy hero in the air, but only straight up and then back down onto the same spot.

NukeDukem said:
How do I aim Tiny's chuck so that it can hit a distant target? Chuck always lifts an enemy hero in the air, but only straight up and then back down onto the same spot.
Your throw target(the person who will be thrown) is always the person closest to you. To throw that target at someone else just target the person you want to throw it to.

You can use this to stun two heroes at completely different locations.
1) Stun hero A who is far away from you.
2) Simultaneously throw hero B who is close to you at hero A.
3) Laugh.

IceMarker

Still hovering in the 1100s, it's not even about how low I am now, it's just about how long it takes to queue with higher GAF members. This fucking sucks STILL. I've been bitching about this for how long now? I can't even remember the last win streak I had that wasn't with Meeru.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
MrMister said:
I'M IN THE 1000s I AM MOTHER FUCKING DONE WITH THIS.

Unitil such a time where you are willing to play support, I suggest you play solo mm. It gets boring sometimes, but it will improve you over time.I learned to play by supporting meeru and studying him, more or less. I would do it if we had another mid player atm, but we don't really.

Playing solo you'll be able to explore other roles and expand your game.

I probably don't play enough HoN with you guys - but I ended up playing a game with rumblebuffin and we found a crazy good combo. Kraken and Chronos! Their ults work so well together as Krakens ult doesnt get frozen and can be used from range. So Chronos can set up the team fight - port in and ult (making sure to leave the edge that your allies are on the closest to the enemy heroes) and kraken can come in, 2 seconds later, drop his ult.

If you wanna see a game where we pulled it off multiple times -

40168976 is the match number.

vocab

Freakinchair said:
I probably don't play enough HoN with you guys - but I ended up playing a game with rumblebuffin and we found a crazy good combo. Kraken and Chronos! Their ults work so well together as Krakens ult doesnt get frozen and can be used from range. So Chronos can set up the team fight - port in and ult (making sure to leave the edge that your allies are on the closest to the enemy heroes) and kraken can come in, 2 seconds later, drop his ult.

If you wanna see a game where we pulled it off multiple times -

40168976 is the match number.

That's all therory craft. Hitting the whole team perfectly with a chronos ult is 1 in a million. Timebaby + Flux + Balphagore is ridiculous though.

Meeru

Banned
Hello HoN gaffers, it has been a week. How has the matchmaking been doing for everyone?

2011-05-19123254.jpg

2011-05-19123221.jpg

2011-05-19123708.jpg

2011-05-19124651.jpg

2011-05-19124645.jpg

2011-05-19124222.jpg

2011-05-19130122.jpg

2011-05-19130839.jpg

2011-05-19130112.jpg

2011-05-19130654.jpg

2011-05-19125330.jpg

2011-05-19125518.jpg

2011-05-19133721.jpg

I've been playing a bit of the free weekend but just can't seem to get into it the same way I have LoL. It's mainly the items and what effect items have on heroes stats and abilities I don't fully understand. It seems very complicated :/

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It is very complicated, and less forgiving of errors. Keep at it and you'll learn eventually. Since the average skill level of the player base evolved with the game, it has become less and less accessible to new players.

IceMarker

This game is fucking retarded when you lose a 4v5 to BH, WS, PR, and Axus, and the last guy they had left early game being a Vindicator. Fucking hell, I'M NEVER GETTING OUT OF THIS GODDAMN PIT.

EDIT: Then I solo queue and become the best Soul Reaper ever apparently, in a 4v5 where we win with 4, this game man... this game. [Match ID: 40425220]

Meeru

Banned
Hatchet only works on creeps and neuts, but still a big change.

Things worth caring:
fayde rework: nice. % slow really nice
ss mana inc: lol
Fa: nice chage on the split shot, actually worth getting

Sadly nothing too newon tundra. Wish his leopard have unit walking.

Top Bottom