• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Insured

Archie said:
Holy shit at the Quelling Blade change. Free Moraxus projectile for everyone. o_O
Too bad it destroys keeper of the forest quite badly! Otherwise I like it, it's still a clunky enough animation with a long enough cooldown that it doesn't feel overpowered at all. Hatchet might be a useful pickup for non-bloodhunters now, even if you were superb at last hitting!

delirium

Insured said:
Too bad it destroys keeper of the forest quite badly! Otherwise I like it, it's still a clunky enough animation with a long enough cooldown that it doesn't feel overpowered at all. Hatchet might be a useful pickup for non-bloodhunters now, even if you were superb at last hitting!
Hopefully they rework him as I think he's the worst designed hero imported from Dota.

Sanjay

Meeru said:

41799_69000706896_2051006_n.jpg

Meeru said:
The reappearance of evil mint.

Nice update.

Elder Parasite
- Damage taken reduced from 20% to 15%

Oh yeah!

Logger's Hatchet
* Deals your attack damage to target on impact

OMG.

Fayde reworks looks good on paper.

Jeraziah
- Inner Light from True Damage to Magic Damage

Ouch.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
delirium said:
Hopefully they rework him as I think he's the worst designed hero imported from Dota.

Even his DotA incarnation got overhauled last patch. I like KotF, but he certainly has an identity crisis. He hits like a truck and would appear to be a carry, but nearly all his skills tie to a support role. (And a pretty crappy one at that)

-support items got buffed
-EP boost is nice
-hatchet is nice for melee heroes now
-Andro got nerfed
-Behe's ult got nerfed
-no more Take Cover + PK with Bubbles :(
-Engineer's Spider Mines are still lame (and weren't changed)
-no changes to Nomad
-new Fayde is interesting
-Flux doesn't sound so loud anymore when he's walking :lol
-Jer's heal is Magic :(
-Pharaoh's Tormented Soul manacost :(
-Slither with lifesteal?

JoeMartin

So basically I'm now buying a hatchet on every hero ever. Nice. Slither nerf was so necessary but so upsetting. Thus ends the super stomp slither days and the godly laning reign of toxicity.

Meeru

Banned
JoeMartin said:
So basically I'm now buying a hatchet on every hero ever. Nice. Slither nerf was so necessary but so upsetting. Thus ends the super stomp slither days and the godly laning reign of toxicity.
Yeah..that hatchet just...really may need it for every hero. You could almost guarantee last hit on several creeps in the laning phase. Your attack, then quickly use the hatchet.

Also makeup for wedding in one hr. And astro if ur reading this sorry for not messaging>< got home at 11pm =_=

Nome

Archie said:
Even his DotA incarnation got overhauled last patch. I like KotF, but he certainly has an identity crisis. He hits like a truck and would appear to be a carry, but nearly all his skills tie to a support role. (And a pretty crappy one at that)
We've been investigating Keeper reworks since I was hired (almost exactly a year ago). We've got a rework set up in our private client that is just about ready for release, finally.

NukeDukem

Banned
In duplicate hero games, having 2 competent Martyrs on your team makes it almost impossible for your opponents to pick off teammates and win during the mid and late game.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
I really have no idea what direction S2 is trying to take the game in with those changes. My only guess is that they want to see an increase in the play of melee carries, and some of it looks like they want to make it more of a ricer game.

I feel like the hb nerf came out of nowhere and the bubbles thing is terrible, it destroys the synergy with portkey that made it such a good item on him. .25s on level one is a total joke.

delirium

Procarbine said:
I really have no idea what direction S2 is trying to take the game in with those changes. My only guess is that they want to see an increase in the play of melee carries, and some of it looks like they want to make it more of a ricer game.

I feel like the hb nerf came out of nowhere and the bubbles thing is terrible, it destroys the synergy with portkey that made it such a good item on him. .25s on level one is a total joke.
You can still do it with shellshurf, it just takes more skill now. PK, silence + ult. Shell surf and take cover and then teleport using the shell surf.

And wasn't Hellbringer always banned in most competitive games.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
delirium said:
You can still do it with shellshurf, it just takes more skill now. PK, silence + ult. Shell surf and take cover and then teleport using the shell surf.

And wasn't Hellbringer always banned in most competitive games.

Yeah but hes banned more for his ult.

And yeah, that's the initiation utilization of pkey, but it's the running away from things right next to you for free thats gone.

Kapura

Banned
shit man watching the DRD stream. When both daggius and raven are talking it's fuckin funny. Also, raven rebinds hotkeys for every hero every game, and clicks items. What the shit. Even daggi doesn't know why he does it.

I've been out of the HoN loop for quite awhile, and I was thinking about picking it back up.

Anyway, just dropping by to say congratulations to Meeru. Just checked out the pics on the last page, looks like you're having a great time and everything. I personally would love to head to Korea some time - I'm jealous. Hope I see you, and everyone else, around soon. Good luck with everything, Meeru!

Sanjay

Nome said:
We've been investigating Keeper reworks since I was hired (almost exactly a year ago). We've got a rework set up in our private client that is just about ready for release, finally.

When will this be?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm watching GosuCup finals between MSi and PhB and I don't recognize this game they're playing. I named it Roamers of Newerth.

Haly

Not saying it's not fun to watch, but it's so different from 1600s play.

Meeru

Banned
FromTheFuture said:
I've been out of the HoN loop for quite awhile, and I was thinking about picking it back up.

Anyway, just dropping by to say congratulations to Meeru. Just checked out the pics on the last page, looks like you're having a great time and everything. I personally would love to head to Korea some time - I'm jealous. Hope I see you, and everyone else, around soon. Good luck with everything, Meeru!
Hey man. I won't get on for a while..I come back to U.S. on june 14th, on my second day of the honeymoon and I am wishing I could stay longer.

Meeru

Banned
Some pics of the Ayana Resort in Jimbaran Bali, we chose the ocean view cliff villa. Its an amazing place to say the least. 24 hour butler service. Also just spent $200 for a lobster dinner..never doing that again.
2011-05-22130621.jpg
The way to the lobby.
2011-05-22130608.jpg

2011-05-22125828.jpg
]
2011-05-23093004.jpg

2011-05-23092924.jpg

2011-05-23093044.jpg

2011-05-23093108.jpg

2011-05-23093211.jpg

2011-05-23093549.jpg

2011-05-23093519.jpg

2011-05-23093338.jpg
Private pool
2011-05-23093345.jpg

2011-05-23083603.jpg

2011-05-23083548.jpg

2011-05-23084834.jpg
Crepe of the day
2011-05-23084314.jpg
Brown rice porridge with coconut milk
2011-05-23085753.jpg
Egg omelet with potatoes
2011-05-23085804.jpg
Steak and eggs
2011-05-23090111.jpg
Perfect egg
2011-05-23171254.jpg

2011-05-22134032.jpg

2011-05-23123951.jpg
Lunch at Sami Sami, an Italian restaurant
2011-05-23124941.jpg

2011-05-23130346.jpg

2011-05-23130340.jpg

2011-05-23132942.jpg

2011-05-23122737.jpg

2011-05-23123746.jpg

2011-05-23112225.jpg

2011-05-23112215.jpg
This is our cliff backyard
2011-05-23112237.jpg

2011-05-23112303.jpg

Macattk15

Man. On my sub account I've won 12 games in a row and am at 1596. Pushed my K/D up to 1.6 on it also.

Fun fun. Better than my main account!

Haly

Link, and let me see throwcarbine throw some games.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Procarbine said:
When we get some people for me to play with I'll toss it up.

throwcarbine stream is live at:

justin.tv/procarbine

I watched for about 10 minutes last night. There was a weird flickering going on when alot of action was going on.

Nice Deadwood play btw. :p

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Archie said:
I watched for about 10 minutes last night. There was a weird flickering going on when alot of action was going on.

Nice Deadwood play btw. :p

Lol my dw is god awful.

I watched the recorded footage and saw the flickering, not sure how to fix it, looking into it though.

Top Bottom