• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well at least it's not as bad as LoL's random downtime and horrible server issues after every patch.

You'd think by now S2 would invest in a hereosofnewerth.com/status... or even just updating @heroesofnewerth on twitter with regards to status updates.

Neckbeard

How sad and pathetic does your life have to be to coordinate DDoS attacks on a video game? On the bright side, my house is clean, child is bathed and I applied for a dozen new jobs.

meeru said:

452449-525201161143am.png

Cannot unsee.

Neckbeard

Just got in, everything looks good buuut... Can't connect to MM.

edit- oh just took a while. Average wait 4:12. Waited a half-hour wile doing some other chores. No connection. Guess I'll call it a night. Hopefully the gang at S2 can fix this by tomorrow!

NukeDukem

Banned
toomanycreeps.jpg

Spammed the creep spawn in practice mode, and immediately lagged my computer and sent streams of creeps all over the mapt o fight in random spots in the woods.

NukeDukem

Banned
Procarbine said:
Can you guys extend golden pebbles availability? I wanted to farm coins yesterday/today but I might not be able to make it with the downtime :(

S2 confirmed that they would extend the duration another 24 hours for the golden pebbles avatar in the server downtime thread.

Meteorain

NukeDukem said:

Spammed the creep spawn in practice mode, and immediately lagged my computer and sent streams of creeps all over the mapt o fight in random spots in the woods.

Erm......what is that hero/skin replacement of?

bzm

astroboy wake the FUCK up hons working
edit: heard theres gonna be double coins for the next few days, not sure if srs

Bento

The server can't authorize my account :'(

I really wanted to play today but I guess they still have server issues...

Neckbeard

Wandered into the Savage 2 section of the forums. Did a bit of google-fu. It actually looks pretty rad.

It's free-to-play so I'm going to give it a shot as soon as my real graphics card comes back from the shop.

Anyone have experience with it?

NukeDukem

Banned
honddosdoggydogg.gif

Neckbeard said:
Wandered into the Savage 2 section of the forums. Did a bit of google-fu. It actually looks pretty rad.

It's free-to-play so I'm going to give it a shot as soon as my real graphics card comes back from the shop.

Mrmister does. I tried playing with pubs and i got discouraged pretty quick before i could learn how to play.

IceMarker

Neckbeard said:
Great series and a good lore precursor to HoN if you're into the backstory of the Hellbourne and the Legion. The Savage games are a RTS/RPG/FPS hybrid. Great games and require more teamwork than HoN! There are still people today who play on 128 player servers in Savage 1!

Sanjay

Squire Felix said:
Excuse me, don't tell me this DDOS has to do with the stupid f'ing store icons.

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showpost.php?p=13619795&postcount=12

Sadly yes for silly flag icons. Apparently the indian flag.

What's messed up is that it's got the point where S2 seems like they don't want to give in to these cyber terrorist even though it would have been easier to take that path of implementing the flag.

And then its going to be like "if we give in to terrorist once what about next time when they will ask for "insert demand"

A real mind fuck loop of no exit in sight.

Nome

No, it's got nothing to do with that. The people behind it are using the Indian flag as a stupid, racist troll. They're doing it because we banned their accounts for game server crashing.

IceMarker

Nome said:
No, it's got nothing to do with that. The people behind it are using the Indian flag as a stupid, racist troll. They're doing it because we banned their accounts for game server crashing.
And can we please keep it at that? Like Nome said, no Indians were harmed in the reparation of this service from S2.

MM was down so I played a no-stats pub game. It was AP and my brother walked by and told me to go Chronos mid to troll. I randomed Chronos. Didn't go mid though.

Also, sucks that I can't do anything about my public PSR. It's 1169. :lol

Top Bottom