• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
helloresolven said:
Of course when servers come back they wait 12+ hours to finish the mac/linux patch. *sigh*.

It's okay, really. Getting constant "your version does not match the server's" errors. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

NukeDukem

Banned
Meeru said:
pretty sure its a female myrm
WTF.gif

Meeru

Banned
MrMister said:
I've been in the 1000-1200 range for way too long. I want to play with pubbies who aren't complete fucking morons.
Truly the only way to win consecutively is to have the mindset of a commander. Imma go to a PC bang tomorrow night but it will be like 8amish for you :(

IceMarker

Meeru said:
Truly the only way to win consecutively is to have the mindset of a commander. Imma go to a PC bang tomorrow night but it will be like 8amish for you :(
I went solo mid in a game as CD and won lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Pebble solo mid.

All game every game.

Rack up those immortals.

Phandy

Meeru said:

My housemates whos pretty good at HoN (1700+) plays like this when with pubbies.
He finds that whenever playing with shit pubs and he goes support, he ends up losing. If he plays a carry or solo mid, chances are, he'll do much better.

If your convinced your better then 90% people you play with, start playing carry or solo mid and try to dictate the game more. So many games I play are won because we have a good player who makes the most of solo mid or being a carry.

Also had 2 games yesterday where we were either getting rinsed or 4v5 down, and I decided to play out and not CC at like 25mins - and we ended up winning.
My housemate bet me a mars bar we wouldn't win one of them. Man that Mars bar tasted great. I love those kind of games.

NukeDukem

Banned
Anbokr said:
I'm so horrible with pebbles. I can never hit his first two abilities quickly enough to get max burst.

1.get portal key.
2. blink in.
3.press q, select area encompassing the target.
4. hold shift
5.press w, select target.
6.????
7. Profit!

vocab

Uchip said:
that chatlog just makes me want to stop playing online games

Those chatlogs are what make Hon amazing. You can tell the kid is fuming behind his monitor beat red just slamming his keyboard.

Uchip

Banned
vocab said:
Those chatlogs are what make Hon amazing. You can tell the kid is fuming behind his monitor beat red just slamming his keyboard.

id rather not be reminded that im playing with kids

Insured

vocab said:
I don't see how that's amazing though, my ignore/ban lists are so huge the game client can't even list them all without reaching the chat log limit, and I've gone the route of ignoring chat altogether in so many games. It's just boring, predictable, and annoying as shit. Every single game is full of rage from one team, winning or losing. Could be just me and my 1650-1850 euro games, of course -_- If people would just learn to admit their own mistakes sometimes... And maybe learn to shut up, while at it.

IceMarker

I'm about to give in and pay S2 Games $20 to reset my MMR, this is fucking ridiculous.

EDIT: 1052... I am so fucking close to the reset button fucking christ.

TUSR

Banned
MrMister said:
I'm about to give in and pay S2 Games $20 to reset my MMR, this is fucking ridiculous.

add TUSR to friends and we will get that to 1500 today in a few hours!

and yes, by actually playing the game.

vocab

MrMister said:

Pay me $10. I'll get you to 1500 easily.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If Mrmr does pay a gaffer to bring him up to 1500 (is that even legal?), I demand a stream so we can laugh at the stomps/rage.

NukeDukem

Banned
Procarbine said:
Here's a 70 minute game with tons of mad for you guys to watch:

http://www.justin.tv/procarbine/b/286973085

I'll highlight it at some point maybe. There's still a lot of flickering, I have no idea how to fix this, does anyone know?

The flickering is definitely your video card having issues. Overheating possibly, or it might be showing it's age.
That Slither play was A+ Gold Certified hilarious, toxin wards everywhere. Too bad you didnt have a Pr that knew how to ward... *cough*

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
NukeDukem said:
The flickering is definitely your video card having issues. Overheating possibly, or it might be showing it's age.
That Slither play was A+ Gold Certified hilarious, toxin wards everywhere. Too bad you didnt have a Pr that knew how to ward... *cough*

Possibly the heat, maybe broadcasting in 720p is too much, although I should probably minimize my stream window so it isn't displayed twice AND streamed, I'll try this. I've got a GeForce GTX 470, which isn't too old.

Meeru

Banned
Mr_Guillotine said:
Been playing this since my brother gave me his account, is there a gaf channel or clan to join?
Character name is Aronx.
/join clan neogaf

I already invited you to clan, you need to click on notifications in the upper right and then accept from there.

kagete

Meeru said:
Man playing at a pc bang makes me want a 2550x1440 monitor

What!? Is that a netcafe for graphic designers and architects? How much does it cost to play there per hour? In Manila, the fanciest netcafes charge around $1.5 to $2 per hour with the vast majority only charging $1/hr.

The 1000 MMR range is a hell hole. I'm baffled by how PocketCoochy is at 1000, when he plays really solid and at least knows all the heroes and items by heart already.

Meeru

Banned
kagete said:
What!? Is that a netcafe for graphic designers and architects? How much does it cost to play there per hour? In Manila, the fanciest netcafes charge around $1.5 to $2 per hour with the vast majority only charging $1/hr.

The 1000 MMR range is a hell hole. I'm baffled by how PocketCoochy is at 1000, when he plays really solid and at least knows all the heroes and items by heart already.
No, I've been to two pc cafes and both of them have really nice IPS monitors for some reason. The ones I've been to charge 1200 won an hour, but if you register it becomes 800 an hour. But I cant since i dont have a korean ssn.

kagete

Meeru said:
No, I've been to two pc cafes and both of them have really nice IPS monitors for some reason. The ones I've been to charge 1200 won an hour, but if you register it becomes 800 an hour. But I cant since i dont have a korean ssn.

That's really cheap, at less than a dollar per hour. I wonder what their business model is like, seeing as the cheapest monitor in that range will probably be at $500, unless they have access to cheaper models than the ones sold in retail here in the US. Then again, in Asia most cafes are full during the day and probably half full from midnight till early morning.

Top Bottom