• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

3 Warrior comp too stronk.

4Ae5tVh.gif

At first I was like, but then I was like.

I can't believe we won that garbage. Their Johanna just crapped it late game and we had so many stuns on our team (and the Falling Sword kills) that we took it to em.

Johanna is great. People are going to hate that level 20 passive talent though...

Has anyone confirmed you can be healed while the 5 seconds are active and survive? It seems that way, but I never have died after I took it.

njean777

Seems like I lose a lot more than win in this game. Yet in LOL I win a lot more than I lose. Also have noticed that I am on teams with new people all the time and the other people just walk all over us. really fucking annoying.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
7 wins in a row...

THE RELEASE FOLKS ARE IN!

Does anyone want to "trade" a Zagara or Jaina code for something else of value? Please PM.

Hope posting this is cool. If not, I'll delete.

The shop is currently pretty sweet. Wish my wallet was fuller. :)

Seems like I lose a lot more than win in this game. Yet in LOL I win a lot more than I lose. Also have noticed that I am on teams with new people all the time and the other people just walk all over us. really fucking annoying.

This has been my experience this week. Had 6 losses in a row yesterday because I was teamed up with people who had no clue what they were doing.

njean777

This has been my experience this week. Had 6 losses in a row yesterday because I was teamed up with people who had no clue what they were doing.

It's fucking infuriating. Like I don't even want to play anymore because of it. It's not fun losing all the time especially when you do so much work for nothing. I know how to play mobas, don't make me play with idiots and new people.

nbraun80

It's fucking infuriating. Like I don't even want to play anymore because of it. It's not fun losing all the time especially when you do so much work for nothing. I know how to play mobas, don't make me play with idiots and new people.

possibly party up with non-noobies?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Next 7 they will be on your team... RIP Yoshichan winrate.
8 wins... first time ever "filling" the entire page ;_; I think I'm going to cry.

ZOWNW8h.jpg

I know it sucks, but I try to give some advice like "don't push too far," "let's get the objective together," etc. when people don't listen is when I get mad. And in most of the games I played today, I see hero vs hero by the watch towers. Cmon guys, we need to get XP first...

Alur

You may know how to play mobas, but are you positive you are doing what you are supposed to do in this moba? Cause there's been a long list of Dota and League folks who've posted in thread or flamed in game about everyone else doing it wrong, but really they were also doing it wrong or misunderstanding. I'm not saying that's you, but I am saying every loss doesn't come down to other people once you get past two or three. Half or more of them may, sure, but you contributed in some way whether you realized that or not probably. There's thing you could've done that you missed, most likely, that didn't help as well.

As for the matchmaking of course you're gonna start out with new people. As far as the system knows you are new. On top of that, matchmaking can't take into account how good a person is with a hero. You may be a diamond level Jaina but a gold level ETC. Nothing is stopping you from playing ETC except the paywall, so you roll into a game with your lack of ETC knowledge but at your Jaina MMR and get your team stomped. Same thing happens with lower MMR too. Most people are only good at a handful or less of heroes but they are encouraged to "catch 'em all" and try 'em all out due to the way gold gain works.

I know it sucks, but I try to give some advice like "don't push too far," "let's get the objective together," etc. when people don't listen is when I get mad. And in most of the games I played today, I see hero vs hero by the watch towers. Cmon guys, we need to get XP first...

Getting mad at people in chat for not listening to you is the first way to get them to shut you out completely. Or worse, just have a chat fight the entire match.

Chaos17

I don't know why but they always dream to gank somebody in QM when I soloQ by taking that tower...

Why don't you team up with Gaffers then ? There is no restriction to make a team with whoever you want.

Xater

In my last game as Brightwing I actually polymorphed Johanna instead of Illidan because man did she get tanky. That at least was a good was to get rid of her.

fedexpeon

Banned
This game is unplayable during peaktime.
With a110-20FPS, I still suffer from this stupid client/server frame buffering skipping latency BS.
At least give me lag and bad ping, I can adjust to that.
But LITERALLY skipping a frame...well, I can't adjust to that at all.
It is like I have an eyes problem by blinking too much.

njean777

You may know how to play mobas, but are you positive you are doing what you are supposed to do in this moba? Cause there's been a long list of Dota and League folks who've posted in thread or flamed in game about everyone else doing it wrong, but really they were also doing it wrong or misunderstanding. I'm not saying that's you, but I am saying every loss doesn't come down to other people once you get past two or three. Half or more of them may, sure, but you contributed in some way whether you realized that or not probably. There's thing you could've done that you missed, most likely, that didn't help as well.

As for the matchmaking of course you're gonna start out with new people. As far as the system knows you are new. On top of that, matchmaking can't take into account how good a person is with a hero. You may be a diamond level Jaina but a gold level ETC. Nothing is stopping you from playing ETC except the paywall, so you roll into a game with your lack of ETC knowledge but at your Jaina MMR and get your team stomped. Same thing happens with lower MMR too. Most people are only good at a handful or less of heroes but they are encouraged to "catch 'em all" and try 'em all out due to the way gold gain works.

Going for objectives, trying to solo camps cuz nobody else even knows what a camp is on most teams I play with. Push lanes and generally do not die much from stupid moves, which denies them xp. Am I doing anything wrong? I tell the people to help me and they don't, so I usually cannot do much with what I have to work with.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Did stimpak go off sale? It's not showing anymore after I bought one. Shit, if that was a screwup I should have been more decisive about doing multiple, lol.

kirblar

Did stimpak go off sale? It's not showing anymore after I bought one. Shit, if that was a screwup I should have been more decisive about doing multiple, lol.
It's actually in the patch notes. You get the first one half off, rest are full price.

Someone should probably C/P or link them since they're really short.

Xater

edit: Oh, didn't know that. I guess it's working as intended according to kirblar.

With a110-20FPS, I still suffer from this stupid client/server frame buffering skipping latency BS.

ORD1?

Alex

I bought one for 4.99 then it went back to full. Unsure if that's a bug or a just one time deal.

Edit: Clarified!

Pooya

cap the game at 60, it will work better then. SC2 engine is kind of a disaster, the game drops frame for no apparent reason at times with its "resource stalls", I'm still not sure what it is exactly, it's not just network related. I think the way the game's clock works it is tied to framerate and if something lags there it slows down the game to catch up or something.

fedexpeon

Banned

I don't know. Probably got assigned to it.
But I want to punch the person who told them to go with this "advanced technology" for Blizzard online games.
Frame drop based on latency is the dumbass crap ever.
Blah blah that they want to make sure your skill shot will hit and want to create an even playing field.
Who cares when everyone frames start to stuuuuuuutter like crazy.

Chaos17

I don't have that problem at all (eu server)

I've been screwing around with Johanna in Coop, trying out a bunch of different builds, trying to see which talents I like for what situation. You can sort of see where some players learn some really bad habits--aggressively capping watch towers they shouldn't go for, pushing solo, ignoring objectives, camping a single lane, playing super risky and dive-y--because the bots are so passive.

The bots are brain dead in Dota 2 as well on the lower difficulties but you can at least up the difficulty to the point where they deathball and sort of present a challenge. in HotS you just sorta steamroll them.

Clearos

QM has not treated me kindly today.

That solo roaming diablo, he had heart and he wanted to save the day...I know in my heart of hearts that he will prevail in that 1 v 4 fight sooner or later.

So many bad team mates tonight that just moan or Yolo. Had an Illidan who just wants to hunt heroes and said objectives are pointless. Then an azmodan the next game that said "sorry guys I can't help in team fights this hero is just for taking camps" as he sits near our base jungling and never doing anything else.

Send help.

I don't know. Probably got assigned to it.
But I want to punch the person who told them to go with this "advanced technology" for Blizzard online games.
Frame drop based on latency is the dumbass crap ever.
Blah blah that they want to make sure your skill shot will hit and want to create an even playing field.
Who cares when everyone frames start to stuuuuuuutter like crazy.

I just figured because you knew your framerate and ping that you had turned on the debug text that details your latency, gpu temp, framerate and what server cluster you were connecting to. Ctrl + Alt + F.

A lot of people have issues with the ORD1 server cluster. Even if the starting ping is decent, it usually climbs and spikes.

So many bad team mates tonight that just moan or Yolo. Had an Illidan who just wants to hunt heroes and said objectives are pointless. Then an azmodan the next game that said "sorry guys I can't help in team fights this hero is just for taking camps" as he sits near our base jungling and never doing anything else.

Send help.

Does this kind of thing persist in Hero League? I'm not level 30 yet, though I hit 23 today.

Alur

That sounds like your IP or that you have a similar problem to what I had. Run pingpath and traceroute etc. and see if you're losing packets. If you are post a thread on the forums. Odds are there are more than you. You can also use this to check if the hops are losing packets as they transfer from provider to provider.

I had an issue with XO going to AT&T after leaving my ISP. It wasn't Blizzard's fault, but after posting the thread and figuring it out they called XO and they fixed whatever the issue was within 24 hours. It's worth a shot.

EDIT: And yes, ORD1 has been an issue for several folks. You should mention that too if you make a thread.

Going for objectives, trying to solo camps cuz nobody else even knows what a camp is on most teams I play with. Push lanes and generally do not die much from stupid moves, which denies them xp. Am I doing anything wrong? I tell the people to help me and they don't, so I usually cannot do much with what I have to work with.

You should go for objectives, yes, but not by yourself. The same with merc camps. If you aren't a class that can both quickly and efficiently (ie: you aren't having to back after and it doesn't take you 45 seconds) clear them then you should ping for help. You do want to push lanes once the game leaves laning phase, and of course the all important not dying.

All in all, though, this game boils down to one piece of advice:

It's better to follow your team into the wrong move or situation as a group than it is for you to do the right thing while everyone else gets killed. Because right after they are killed, you will be too or you'll just be stuck twiddling thumbs til they are back up.

Sure, you'll merrily rush as 5 into a teamfight when you shouldn't now and then and get wiped...but if you split up, you're likely wiped anyway. Just remember there is likely equal number of idiots on the other team and that teamfight/objective/dumb boss attempt could just as easily go the other way if all of you are there. It definitely won't if you aren't.

Yoshichan

10 wins in a row... I am gonna keep doing this until we lose once. And that's when the tilting is gonna be happening.

I can feel it.

edit: when is the losing streak happening Alur?! WHY ISN'T THE SYSTEM WORKING AS INTENDED?

Rafy

Guys I am looking to expand my heroes collection and I was thinking of adding Valla. I have been playing with Raynor up to this point and I think I got him down. I have 4400 gold so Valla is in my price range,my question is: is she any good and is she worth my gold?

Yoshichan

Omar comin'. Omar comin'.

Wasn't the last two days for you mostly losses? I remember yesterday was anyway. This is the rebound.

Yeah, yesterday was a complete mess! Catchin' up the disaster, clearly :lol!

Guys I am looking to expand my heroes collection and I was thinking of adding Valla. I have been playing with Raynor up to this point and I think I got him down. I have 4400 gold so Valla is in my price range,my question is: is she any good and is she worth my gold?

Valla is a great assassin. Pretty easy to learn and only 2000 gold! Of course, mastering her will involve some time and effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom