• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

QM has not treated me kindly today.

That solo roaming diablo, he had heart and he wanted to save the day...I know in my heart of hearts that he will prevail in that 1 v 4 fight sooner or later.

QM is always Russian roulette.

People curse out the matchmaking, and it is a little on the weak side right now but just as often I'll get a team of people with extreme experience who still don't know how to play.

It's not uncommon for me to wind up with lets say... some random Valla who has been making bad decisions all game and is now pushing forward camps at the 20 minute mark by herself and with the entire enemy team up.You go out of that thinking "gosh, that person shouldn't have been queued with experienced players" just to quickly peek at them and see that their Valla is level 12 and they have 800 games played.

kirblar

Guys I am looking to expand my heroes collection and I was thinking of adding Valla. I have been playing with Raynor up to this point and I think I got him down. I have 4400 gold so Valla is in my price range,my question is: is she any good and is she worth my gold?
First hero anyone should buy with gold who doesn't have her from Reaper of Souls.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Guys I am looking to expand my heroes collection and I was thinking of adding Valla. I have been playing with Raynor up to this point and I think I got him down. I have 4400 gold so Valla is in my price range,my question is: is she any good and is she worth my gold?

Valla is insane for that cost. Such a good characters.

Alex

Valla and Muradin are the best bang for the gold heroes at the moment, IMO.

Can get Muradin from that 4.99 pack, though, so maybe Valla and ETC.

Trying Azmodan for the first time and he seems weak. No wonder I rarely run into him.

Unless I am missing something he is great for pushing lanes but you get your ass handed to you in a teamfight or solo.

Zagara seem as good or better in all categories for less $.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I'm never going to buy Valla out of principle because I bought RoS too late to get her and got into the beta too early to get her.

kirblar

Trying Azmodan for the first time and he seems weak. No wonder I rarely run into him.

Unless I am missing something he is great for pushing lanes but you get your ass handed to you in a teamfight or solo.

Zagara seem as good or better in all categories for less $.
Azmodan lets you split push w/ no effort., and his basketballs can get really, really strong if you farm them up long enough using the talent. Zagara is an assassin who happens to have some good siege capabilities, Azmodan is a prettty unique snowflake.
Pretty sure Blizzard won't do anything about that.
Their policy is time-based, so if you get to them quickly, they sometimes do refund it.

spk

Is there a counter to Kael Thas Genki Dama ult once it's launched ?
theres actually a good amount. some include

spell shield
iceblock
divine shield
void prison
dimensional shift
murky bubble?
major health or healing like avatar/rehgar heal on heroes tanky enough to not get 1 shot

you can also disjoint with mobility/blink abilities just before impact

Alur

Nah. I own Kael. I like him better

Gonna need more than one ranged assassin available and she's been at or near the top of the pile for eternity. And she's 2000 gold. Timing or not, hard to justify not having her available if you get into Hero League or the like.

She's the most reliable bang for your buck in the game, since warriors go up and down so much.

Johanna is so tanky, maybe even tankier than Chen. The first thing that's going to get nerfed on her is Indestructible. I can see Blizzard dropping it down to 50% of your maximum health because it's too strong right now.

I've been rolling with my paranoid solo queue build, focusing on survivability no matter if there's a support on my team or not and really haven't had many problems. Her sustain is absurd.

1) Regen Master
4) Laws of Hope
7) The Crusade Marches On
10) Falling Sword
13) Hold Your Ground
16) Holy Renewal/Blessed Hammer
20) Indestructible

Mobility is clearly her greatest drawback but I didn't feel guilty about sitting on Falling Sword and using it to escape. Punish, Shield Glare, Laws of Hope and Holy Renewal can all help you make the worlds slowest retreat if Falling Sword is on CD.

Alur

Zombie Wall + her suction move is a thing.

That sounds fun.

I'm digging the Johanna splash page more than Kael'thas'. Kinda sad Kael didn't get his whole month...but I'm not complaining.

I've been rolling with my paranoid solo queue build, focusing on survivability no matter if there's a support on my team or not and really haven't had many problems. Her sustain is absurd.

1) Regen Master
4) Laws of Hope
10) Falling Sword
13) Hold Your Ground
20) Indestructible

Mobility is clearly her greatest drawback but I didn't feel guilty about sitting on Falling Sword and using it to escape. Punish, Shield Glare, Laws of Hope and Holy Renewal can all help you make the worlds slowest retreat if Falling Sword are on CD.

I've been rolling with this build as well, more or less though I have taken Battle Momentum over The Crusade Marches On for more control a time or two.

Alex

Johanna is so tanky, maybe even tankier than Chen. The first thing that's going to get nerfed on her is Indestructible. I can see Blizzard dropping it down to 50% of your maximum health because it's too strong right now.

1) Regen Master
4) Laws of Hope
10) Falling Sword
13) Hold Your Ground
20) Indestructible

Mobility is clearly her greatest drawback but I didn't feel guilty about sitting on Falling Sword and using it to escape. Punish, Shield Glare, Laws of Hope and Holy Renewal can all help you make the worlds slowest retreat if Falling Sword are on CD.

Her builds swing her really far in different directions. Right now I'm largely building towards the trait, though, ain't no one outrunning fanaticism.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The loss happened :(

Yoshichan

!

I just realized it's my birthday right now!

BLIZZARD Y U NO SEND SOMETHING TO MY MAIL

Happy birthday!

Launch night was fun - lost more games than usual but starting to get into the ranks where people aren't bad at the game so to be expected. Quick Match is all over the place lol. Bought a 30 day Stim as they are super cheap at the mo.

Anyone else feel like its 'cheating' buying the heroes with real money? I bought Anub'arak last week and just feel like i didn't really earn him, so probably just gonna purchase stim packs from now on and always have a hero or master skin to work towards.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Anyone else feel like its 'cheating' buying the heroes with real money? I bought Anub'arak last week and just feel like i didn't really earn him, so probably just gonna purchase stim packs from now on and always have a hero or master skin to work towards.

...what?

Savitar

I see people constantly separating them to three lanes. When they go up against another hero due to that they get slaughtered fast.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
The loss happened :(

At least you won something today, unlike me.

semttulo1kkon.png

:'(

Chaos17

Happy birthday!

Launch night was fun - lost more games than usual but starting to get into the ranks where people aren't bad at the game so to be expected. Quick Match is all over the place lol. Bought a 30 day Stim as they are super cheap at the mo.

Ain't spending real money, I'm saving up my gold (*◎v◎*)

edit : just for now but I feel that mecha Anub will be one day mine.

What's crazy about it, is that claiming the key doesn't reserve it for you. Just a heads up for people trying to grab this. You have to redeem it immediately after receiving it.

Askani

What's crazy about it, is that claiming the key doesn't reserve it for you. Just a heads up for people trying to grab this. You have to redeem it immediately after receiving it.

That's what I did. One monitor with the website up and another monitor with the redeem code box on Battle.net up and ready. The comments there make it sounds like a real fight too.

Chaos17

At least you won something today, unlike me.

semttulo1kkon.png

:'(

Yup, I know this and my advice is to try to play with Gaffers because at least you won't have tunnel vision team or just do your daylies (that what I'm trying to do otherwise I will loose my composure when I'm reaching the same amount of loose like ya)

Yoshichan

Johanna is so fucking hard to kill man
Fights against her are like these:

Miss, miss, miss
Hit x5
Miss, miss, miss

Oh, she's close to dead! Burst her!

*Johanna activates the D*

NOPE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom