• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

gryvan

wow that...last talent for johanna...indestructible

gains a shield equal to max HP instead of dying

wow @_@

Twookie

Johanna was pretty fun :) No idea what to build on her yet, but currently trying out to buff her trait. Seems pretty good

Maximus.

Noooo why did I buy the lunar tiger mount last week, damn impulse buy! Tyrael is 50% off :eek: I was on the fence about him, but this is tempting...

I haven't gotten my Hearthstone card back :/

Twookie

Noooo why did I buy the lunar tiger mount last week, damn impulse buy! Tyrael is 50% off :eek: I was on the fence about him, but this is tempting...

I haven't gotten my Hearthstone card back :/

relaunching the battlenet client fixed that for me

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Lol Johanna.

Basically took away everything worthwhile about Tyrael, right down to the "Holy Warrior" aesthetic. What a bonkers CC machine. No Lilis allowed.

Skab

Lol Johanna.

Basically took away everything worthwhile about Tyrael, right down to the "Holy Warrior" aesthetic. What a bonkers CC machine. No Lilis allowed.

She wont be the last holy warrior we get either. There are a lot of them in Blizzard games.

Alur

Johanna is super fun. The level 20 talent might be an issue for sure though.

And she looks so good on my Ironside Direwolf.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This weeks punishment... siiiiiiiigh.

I managed to resist the winter-bullshit-deals though.

Johanna bundle = 13 euro
Lunar Tiger = 5 euro
Tyrael = 4 euro
Kerrigan = 4 euro
6 months of Stimpack = 30 euro
Cyber Wolf = 10 euro

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What? She's nothing like Tyrael in design.

She isn't, I agree, but Tyrael was only good for one thing: Judgement

And now Johanna gets two Judgement-like effects that stun in an AoE, plus an entire kit of CC and and tankiness. I mean you used to be able to "zone control" with Tyrael as well but they took that out of his talents, and now Johanna is much better as a zoning holy warrior than Tyrael ever was.

Johanna seems like she will flourish with a functioning team but have a hard time solo. A harder time than the more mobile warriors. She's slow, has no mobility and one of her core moves is to draw everyone to her. That's great if you're playing with a level advantage and functioning team but will be a quick way to melt if things are evenly matched or you're playing from behind. She feels very dependent on her laning partner early game.

You probably just need a 3 stack of Johanna, a dedicated healer and a ranged assassin to rofflestomp in QM.

Mechazawa

She isn't, I agree, but Tyrael was only good for one thing: Judgement

And now Johanna gets two Judgement-like effects that stun in an AoE, plus an entire kit of CC and and tankiness. I mean you used to be able to "zone control" with Tyrael as well but they took that out of his talents, and now Johanna is much better as a zoning holy warrior than Tyrael ever was.

But Tyrael has a reliable escape that doesn't consume his Ult. Judgement also doesn't miss.

Just got a legendary card in Hearthstone from the 2 free packs I got from playing Heroes of the Storm.

7f5.gif

Has anyone actually won a game with Abathur on their team. Feels like a 4v5 every time.

Yes, many times. The hero is just heavily team composition dependent to be effective. But when it's the right mix of heroes Abathur is super effective. With heroes like Chen, Muradin and Illidan, it can be borderline obnoxious to try and kill those heroes with an Abathur top hat in a teamfight. And all the while you fight over whatever the objective is, Abathur's physically soaking exp and passively or actively pushing in another lane.

It feels like the pendulum has swung from over-powered to over-nerfed back to almost being over-powered again with Abathur's balance.

patchday

Might give this one a go. Been itching to give mobas a try. Only played a tiny bit of Dota back in the day. Looking for something more streamlined. This looks like it could be something to help get my feet wet

Debating between this and Dota 2 though. May just try both if time permits

goober

Who's the best support in the game? Li Li seems simple enough. ETC is fun, just stun and push people around and let your team kill them.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sigh, where's the winter bundle for those people who own Jaina.
I am wondering this as well! That single-handedly made me not buy that crap :/

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Has anyone actually won a game with Abathur on their team. Feels like a 4v5 every time.

Yeah, I own Abathur but I only play him in co-op games for this reason. I feel like I gimp my team when I play him in quick matches.

Zafir

I am wondering this as well! That single-handedly made me not buy that crap :/

Yeah, it's totally put me off it since you don't save money if you already own Jaina. I was hoping they'd do a cosmetics only bundle like they did with sonya and gaz's new skins but, apparently not. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom