• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.
New map is fun. The diablo 2 music in the menus and in map is GODLIKE.

Sounds like a normal Rank 1 HL game.

I've been really behind on the updates recently..... Is the Diablo map already in rotation!?
The butcher in as well??

Do i gotta start up my PC tonight??

zoukka

I've been really behind on the updates recently..... Is the Diablo map already in rotation!?
The butcher in as well??

Do i gotta start up my PC tonight??

The new map is available is the PTR server you can choose from the region selection. No butcher yet. Deckard Cain is a new announcer voice in some parts! They remade the main menu theme with diablo feel Kreygasm

The new map is available is the PTR server you can choose from the region selection. No butcher yet. Deckard Cain is a new announcer voice in some parts! They remade the main menu theme with diablo feel Kreygasm

haha! That is so awesome Cain is the announcer for some things.

"stay a while and listen..."

i will always remember that .. R.I.P.

subwilde

Short day at work today. Hope to see some gaffers on later! Need to grind out some dailies for that brightwing sale in a few days.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

kirblar

lol, just came in to post that I think Nazeebo is OP right now. I don't remember the last match I was in with one who was topping the leader board with damage output.
He's not- he does a ton of damage but it isn't the kind of impactful damage that chunks you down in a team fight.

The End

Trying to grind out a few more wins with Anub before the patch hits. Do we have a sense of when Butcher/Leoric are actually getting released? Vaguely "July" and "August", maybe?

Kioshen

Well they said they would release heroes every 3 weeks. So next week we'll get the Butcher, then Leoric and lastly the Monk. Confirmed from an interview to switch universe after the monk comes out.

Valus

How can you say Nazeebo is not impactful when he's doing more hero damage than Kael'thas and more siege damage than Zagara, all in the same round. There's something not right about that.

Palmer_v1

Seriously, when are they going to tap into their best IP?

rock-roll-racing.gif

Kioshen

How can you say Nazeebo is not impactful when he's doing more hero damage than Kael'thas and more siege damage than Zagara, all in the same round. There's something not right about that.

Because Nazeebo applies scattered small DoT while Kael just wipes them off the face of the earth. Healers can mitigate a lot of what Nazeebo can dish out while for Kael well they are already dead.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
all about dat burst in team fights yo. all that matters

The End

Well they said they would release heroes every 3 weeks. So next week we'll get the Butcher, then Leoric and lastly the Monk. Confirmed from an interview to switch universe after the monk comes out.

ah cool

fingers crossed for blackthorne

19316_front.jpg

just give him the most insane 90s powers possible

Yoshichan

And his strongest attack should be the 180 degrees shot

so fucking good

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

As a side note, they did say that they wouldn't *only* release characters related to one universe during an event, that it would overwhelmingly be so.

Raven77

I've been loving this game so far but I have one major MAJOR issue. I don't like how they nerf / buff characters. I mean, if I'm going to spend real money on a character I want them to stay the way that they are when I buy them because...well thats why I bought them. How is it fair that someone can drop 10 dollars on a character only to have them get nerfed a few weeks later?

Right now i'm sitting on 18k gold scared to buy Brightwing or Anub Arak because I fear they will get nerfed to the point of being mediocre to useless.

zoukka

I've been loving this game so far but I have one major MAJOR issue. I don't like how they nerf / buff characters. I mean, if I'm going to spend real money on a character I want them to stay the way that they are when I buy them because...well thats why I bought them. How is it fair that someone can drop 10 dollars on a character only to have them get nerfed a few weeks later?

Right now i'm sitting on 18k gold scared to buy Brightwing or Anub Arak because I fear they will get nerfed to the point of being mediocre to useless.

That's just the nature of competetive games. Anub used to be trash tier. Most characters have been great or bad at some point in time.

Milly79

BW is getting a rework and will still be viable. Anub is getting a slight nerf to his beetles and locust swarm and will also be viable. I'd wait for the sale on BW next week to get her, if you're okay with spending cash. Anub is a no-brainer for 4k.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yeah, I think the only unique heroes they've added for Heroes are Murky, Sergeant Hammer, and Brightwing.

Those are all pretty much instances of converting generic units/NPCs into characters as well.

Ketch

I'm tempted on the two skins, but why another BW sale? Wasn't that long ago she was on sale.

I thought they were recycling the old sales now. Like medic uther then kerrigan etc. I'm currently waiting for the nova sale.

And his strongest attack should be the 180 degrees shot

so fucking good

Fucking yes. I'd be okay with the hero if he was just a twin stick shooter with hammer concussive blasts

Zafir

Damage =! Kills.

It doesn't matter if you do a lot of damage if you can't finish them off.

Also siege damage doesn't generally win games unless it's Haunted Mines.

That said, I don't think Nazeebo is in that bad of a spot.

Edit: Bit late with the response. Forgot to press post. Dx

BW is getting a rework and will still be viable. Anub is getting a slight nerf to his beetles and locust swarm and will also be viable. I'd wait for the sale on BW next week to get her, if you're okay with spending cash. Anub is a no-brainer for 4k.

Yeah, even with the update, Brightwing will still be a good pick. Her Arcane Flare got a nerf so she can't solo lanes in the early game. But her sustain healing seems to be improved, and she's getting Phase Shield at level 7. 550hp shield for 20 seconds to a target is gonna be nice. Shield dust at 13 gives a 50% spell shield on a short cooldown and it lasts 4 seconds. Plus her passive healing, which is not as strong as before (the bug that heals her twice got fixed), but is still viable.

Edit- I am going off the discussion here: http://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/3ax41m/ptr_the_new_brightwing/

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
10,000x better than that Diablo giveaway clusterfuck (that is apparently still in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom