• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

No, I think your bad at video games and your wrong about you're statement.

rage.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
No one in chat wanted to play HL, so I played a pub HL game like an idiot.

How in the hell can I get a level 49 on my team? I'm level 24. No healer and an Abathur on Spider. Got shit on so hard.

kirblar

No one in chat wanted to play HL, so I played a pub HL game like an idiot.

How in the hell can I get a level 49 on my team? I'm level 24. No healer and an Abathur on Spider. Got shit on so hard.
Because of the hidden MMR. He's a fresh newbie, you're in the literal middle of the pack. Same MMR range.

System's real bad.

Savitar

Decided to grab Abathur and absolutely enjoy his character.

Amused when some people freak out about the thing appearing above their head when you use said ability thinking it's something bad affecting them.

I'm trying to choose between Kael and Jaina as my next purchase. I really like both and got them both to 6 during their free weeks. I'm leaning towards Jaina because I feel like she has a little more survivability with her kiting abilities.

kirblar

I'm trying to choose between Kael and Jaina as my next purchase. I really like both and got them both to 6 during their free weeks. I'm leaning towards Jaina because I feel like she has a little more survivability with her kiting abilities.
Jaina's 500000x better right now, even after the patch.

Phased

They're both in a good place right now. Jaina may be a tad on the OP side, but that will go away come Tuesday, and really it's barely noticeable.

Personally I find them both a little tough to gank. I find Jaina a little easier to take out once you get close to her, but you have to bait out Kael's Gravity Lapse if you want a decent shot at him because even in melee range he can get away fairly easily with that damn spell.

Alavard

Been gone from the game for a couple of weeks due to Steam sale games hijacking my time. First QM back, I play as Falstad and we crush the enemy pretty hard on Cursed Hollow. Everyone on my random team is optimistic, polite, and communicating well. That was a nice welcome back :)

njean777

Really like playing as johanna, really good tank and great for team fights. The only thing I hate is getting quick matched into a game with other tanks. Why Blizzard, why not just make it to where we get quick matched based on hero types...

Spl1nter

Promote on brightwing on cursed hallow is so strong. Along with a murky on the team we won straight from lane pushing as we couldn't come close to winning a team fight.

patchday

You know one thing I'm noticing is the community has gotten super nice <knocks on wood>. I guess it's a MOBA tradition to haze newbies but when I first started playing every so often I'd get told off (if playing a support class). but now people are all good even if we're getting stomped

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Imagine frozen orb in this game... wow.

Moff

my guess is the next wizard will be arcane, since we already got ice with jaina and fire with kael. I would not mind a d3 sorceress with a channeled disintegrate.

Yoshichan

my guess is the next wizard will be arcane, since we already got ice with jaina and fire with kael. I would not mind a d3 sorceress with a channeled disintegrate.

Arcane orb then! :D

Alavard

You know one thing I'm noticing is the community has gotten super nice <knocks on wood>. I guess it's a MOBA tradition to haze newbies but when I first started playing every so often I'd get told off (if playing a support class). but now people are all good even if we're getting stomped

My theory is that the more time goes on, the more people are banned/suspended for their language/toxicity.

Does it get better once you hit HR 40+?

I mean I look at my MMR and my win-loss record and get discouraged but I genuinely feel like I'm still getting teamed up with absolute idiots. I don't really have enough of a schedule to do anything but Solo queue at the moment.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
IIRC her files suggest she is, in fact, arcane.

Presumably D2 Sorceress would be lightning.

Maledict

Syl is broken on Booty Bay map.

Wonder what the winning percentage is for her on that map?

I wouldn't say she was broken Booty Bay - she's strong, but any solo pusher can work well there and in many respects Zagara better fills that spot on the map (Zagara bottom lane is a monster, and her creep will give you amazing vision over the turn in point).

It's Haunted Mines where Sylvanas is flat out broken - that map can't exist in a non-ban environment with Sylvanas. A 20 skull golem will outpush an 80 skull golem if Sylvanas is on your team, it completely unbalances how the map works in a way no other hero comes close to affecting, on any other map.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So apparently since the first time Wizard showed up, they added all of her ability icons, so perhaps she's not arcane anymore:

Literally ALL the spell icons. I think they are experimenting around.

mods/heroes.stormmod/base.stormassets/Assets/Textures/storm_btn_d3_wizard_arcaneorb.dds

mods/heroes.stormmod/base.stormassets/Assets/Textures/storm_btn_d3_wizard_arcanetorrent.dds

.. (like 20 more) ...

mods/heroes.stormmod/base.stormassets/Assets/Textures/storm_btn_d3_wizard_rayoffrost.dds

mods/heroes.stormmod/base.stormassets/Assets/Textures/storm_btn_d3_wizard_shockpulse.dds

mods/heroes.stormmod/base.stormassets/Assets/Textures/storm_btn_d3_wizard_slowtime.dds

mods/heroes.stormmod/base.stormassets/Assets/Textures/storm_btn_d3_wizard_spectralblade.dds

mods/heroes.stormmod/base.stormassets/Assets/Textures/storm_btn_d3_wizard_stormarmor.dds

mods/heroes.stormmod/base.stormassets/Assets/Textures/storm_btn_d3_wizard_teleport.dds

mods/heroes.stormmod/base.stormassets/Assets/Textures/storm_btn_d3_wizard_waveofforce.dds

http://www.heroesnexus.com/forums/h...ed-26-04-datamining-from-ptr-patch?comment=17

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Datamined info from the new patch:

xtra datamining:

Another bundle: Eternal Conflict (coming in a later patch).
Tyrael's charger is a paid reward.
Doubloon Mount? Diablo and Zerg Tints
Treasure Goblin has as much health as a hero (1000).
Bots' AI difficulty levels being implemented (very easy, easy, medium, hard, very hard, elite)
Blizzard is experimenting with circling minions ai for unreleased maps (Fields of Slaughter) (starts and ends at the same spot).
Bots AI greatly improved:
Better jungling.
Improved situational thinking.
No longer picks a random talent between options 1 and 2, It now tries to guess your build.
In case of heroics, it may pick the most common pick in some heroes.
Improved laning decision making.
Fixed a bug in which a team with a random vs a team with support could end up without a support.
It appears damage taken will be shown on score board.
Treasure goblin has 100% chance to appear if somebody hasn't finished his quest. 30% otherwise.

Info on Arena Mode:

Different hero picking schedule.
The main objective is unknown but it's not "kill the core".
Max hero death time is 15 seconds.
Some extra implementation was done for this patch (still on development).
Source: http://www.heroesnexus.com/forums/h...1986-extra-datamining-on-ptr-patch-22-06-2015

Edit:

To be clear I'm not sure if the Wizard is a she.

Neoweee

Datamined info from the new patch:

Source: http://www.heroesnexus.com/forums/h...1986-extra-datamining-on-ptr-patch-22-06-2015

Edit:

To be clear I'm not sure if the Wizard is a she.

Oh, the April datamining had some really interesting things that weren't there before.

- Nazeeba skin store descriptions! (Female Witch Doctor) (Joke Name)

- Male Barbarian skin, Kronan? (Joke Name)

- More Mengsk references

- More Varian references

- More Mekkatorque references?

- Many more Wizard talent references. Maybe choose-a-spec/element at the start of the match?

- Horn of Cenarius map references.

- 4th, 5th, 6th color variants.

Hero Abilities:

Mekkatorque:

Repair Bot, Flak Cannons, Seeker Missile, Tar Barrel

Mengsk:

Insurance Policy, Post Bounty, Propaganda Tower, Psi Emitter

Overall, sounds like Mekkatorque, Mengsk, and Wizard are the most complete after the three coming in the Eternal Conflict. Mekkatorque was shown off like 18 months ago. Gyrocopter Pilot, basically. The others are still only scattered, partial references.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Oh, the April datamining had some really interesting things that weren't there before.

- Nazeeba skin store descriptions! (Female Witch Doctor)

- More Mengsk references

- More Varian references

- Many more Wizard talent references. Maybe choose-a-spec/element at the start of the match?

- Horn of Cenarius map references.

To note Horn of Cenarius is actually a canceled map.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Maybe Wizard's D is the ability to shift to a different element and each one is strong for a different aspect of play. That would be hard to balance but make her really cool for the random comps of solo queue.

Neoweee

Maybe Wizard's D is the ability to shift to a different element and each one is strong for a different aspect of play. That would be hard to balance but make her really cool for the random comps of solo queue.

They're already doing something like that with Monk's "Pick a Trait" as his T1 talent choice. He's support, but you can go decidedly non-support builds once you see your team comp.

Jinaar

I have absolutely no idea how to stay alive playing Diablo, but damn is he hell of a lot of fun to play. But once you got into a battle you commit yourself to it. No getting out. Flex those demon muscles and hope you got enough soul stones to revive you immediately when you explode.

The last few nights in QM with randoms has been total anarchy. Never enough people for group fights or merc camps. Others laneing at the most inappropriate times. Some wanting to get into fights 1 VS 3. Just a cluster f'uk of crazy going on and somehow, we still win. I can't figure out how that is possible but it happened.

We need a female Diablo!

Actually in general, gender swap skins would be a lot of fun.

Isn't there someone who has a gender swapped skin already? Maybe I'm thinking of another game...

edit: I'm thinking of male/female Robin in Smash Bros U.

Yoshichan

I want a Starcraft based map :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom